Joey Bosa

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah were talking about Bosa on their podcast last week. They were saying inside the scouting community there's almost no buzz about him at all and given the depth of the dline class he's the one guy the media might be most wrong about on his range. If he is the target, it might not take much at all to end up with him, but I don't think he presents enough athletic ability and versatility to be a guy Rex is really overly interested in.

I certainly hope not. He's no JJ Watt.

why compare him to Watt? Not similar types of players.

He may not be, but he certainly would look good playing on the strong side opposite Hughes.

hes a phenomenal player. I don't think we could get that lucky though. Edited by YoloinOhio

why compare him to Watt? Not similar types of players.

hes a phenomenal player.

It sounds and looks like he's versatile enough to move and play in space. People since the combine have not created alot of buzz around him because he didn't run 4.5 and jump 40". The tape doesn't lie, he was double and triple teamed this year after destroying offenses as a junior. I'd love him on our D. He is a PLAYER!

Would love to have Bosa. Anyone who has actually watched the guy play will see a dude who is relentless getting after it. He also has multiple moves he uses to beat blockers off the line to get where he's going. He is great at keeping blockers off balance because they have no idea what he's gonna do off the line.

Bosa is going to slide, based on the drop off in production from 2 years ago to last year he is not a number 2 pick, I don't even think he is the best player at that position. My guess is he is going to slide to 8 or 10 but this is the type of guy Rex would want and the end of the day he was able to convince everyone in Jets land to move up to take Sanchez and no one was even on the radar for him at the 4 spot.

so, don't be surprised to see them move to 2 and take Bosa, not out of character. IMHO no player in this draft worth moving up for, take best QB on the board in the second and Noah Spence in the first or trade back, I think Noah Spence will still be there at 25ish.

Finally if they are moving to the second pick to take a QB, they are nuts, we finally have one get him a RG and a #2 receiver and you will see a different team next year take a QB every year until you find your guy, for now your Guy is in the locker room and had they not of resigned Shady, they would of had the money and the room to sign the Guy (taylor) and we would not even be talking about moving to 2 to take a QB, now they have to protect against losing him next year, or tagging him. Signing shady to an extension right away was a dumb move that we will pay for.

just my thoughts

Bosa is going to slide, based on the drop off in production from 2 years ago to last year he is not a number 2 pick, I don't even think he is the best player at that position. My guess is he is going to slide to 8 or 10 but this is the type of guy Rex would want and the end of the day he was able to convince everyone in Jets land to move up to take Sanchez and no one was even on the radar for him at the 4 spot.

so, don't be surprised to see them move to 2 and take Bosa, not out of character. IMHO no player in this draft worth moving up for, take best QB on the board in the second and Noah Spence in the first or trade back, I think Noah Spence will still be there at 25ish.

Finally if they are moving to the second pick to take a QB, they are nuts, we finally have one get him a RG and a #2 receiver and you will see a different team next year take a QB every year until you find your guy, for now your Guy is in the locker room and had they not of resigned Shady, they would of had the money and the room to sign the Guy (taylor) and we would not even be talking about moving to 2 to take a QB, now they have to protect against losing him next year, or tagging him. Signing shady to an extension right away was a dumb move that we will pay for.

just my thoughts

I think the big difference is Whaley saw what happened with the Jets. I doubt Rex talks Whaley into Bosa. I like the guy but he is nothing spectacular. Not worth the number two pick. 19 I would run to the podium.