Joey Bosa

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting - Chargers never considered anyone else at 3. He was #1 on their board since September. And not a single mock had it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000664153/article/joey-bosa-was-in-chargers-plans-since-fiesta-bowl?campaign=Twitter_atn

Holding out of minicamp due to squabble over contract. Don't see that much anymore from rookies.

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2016/6/14/11933378/chargers-first-round-pick-joey-bosa-to-skip-minicamp-due-to-contract

And this is what happens when you let it out that he was in chargers' plans since the Fiesta Bowl and that they never considered anyone else at 3.

Plus, that is the Franchise that traded away Philip Rivers AND Eli Manning. They can be had and he knows it.

This has a little bit of Tom Couseneau and The Boz kinda smell to it. I'm thinking he knows he's been hyped a wee mite too much and wants to guarantee all the moolah he can while he can... in his first contract.

Edited by Nanker

Not a good sign when a top 3 pick is already trying to protect himself from being cut before the expiration of his first contract.

He sees how they did Johnny Speedball in Cleveland. :thumbsup:

isnt it pretty standard for the top X number of picks to be fully guaranteed? i thought something like 5-10 guys fall in that boat most years and its another one of those "ledges" in the draft where you see guys fight to be in the higher group so negotiations can be slightly trickier.

Edited by NoSaint

• 10 months later...

Looking back at this old topic on JB before the draft. Always fun and interesting to look back and see who had what to say.

There are some very insightful comments that nail it and the usual he's a bust for sure comments with nothing to back it up.

I missed on Bosa as of now. Let's see where he ends up.

Just make sure you go back and look at the rest of the draft threads though :)