Joey Bosa

The OP must be alluding to us trading up because Bosa will be gone in the first 5 picks. And nobody trades up to get a DL in the deepest DL draft in a long time. /thread

Yeah, these are my thoughts. We need all of our picks, but I still think he is going to be a good player in this league.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny Football stopped doing the money sign, look where that got him.

#BringBackTheBosaShrug

absolutely. Bosa Shrug is my screen name on the Ozone forum. Maybe Nick Bosa will bring it back.

The OP must be alluding to us trading up because Bosa will be gone in the first 5 picks. And nobody trades up to get a DL in the deepest DL draft in a long time. /thread

i don't advocate trading up. But this draft is not at all deep for Edge rushers. It's actually pretty thin. It is deep at interior DL.

I am not tied to them moving to #2, but when I hear people talking about Jack and Ramsey as targets to trade up for, Bosa belongs in the discussion! Keep an eye on him and see if he drops, he would really help this D immediately IMHO. Whaley always says if you want a guy go get him, and he's done it. Quite frankly, it is better to have someone you believe with a high degree in will work for you, than to have a bunch of hopefuls. We could get a project QB, Nose Tackle, and Linebackers later.

I like Bosa...He reminds me a bit of Jared Allen...

That being said...I'm ultra-confident that the Bills can get a player at #19 that will have a great impact on this Defense...It may not be in the same way Bosa would...But it can still result in a much better Defense overall...And I think there is a great chance that a D-Lineman at #19 this year could turn out to be a better player at his position than Bosa will be at DE in the long run...

I really love the early depth in this Draft on the D-line...So I see zero reason in any Trade-up talk for a Defensive player...

Bosa graded out as the second highest rated prospect in the draft by Ourlads Scouting publication and #2 by Pro Football Focus.

Watching clips, he played well against the best competition and never gets moved backwards. Nick Saban had Alabama double

team him a lot and ran the other way most of the night in last year's Sugar Bowl. I would take Bosa in a heartbeat.

Edited by Lofton80

Don't forget we are the team that traded up for a Wide Receiver in the deepest WR draft in a long time,.

Now that number 2 is gone, Bosa keeps getting closer. I'm guessing San Diego(3) takes Tunsil and Dallas(4) takes Elliott. I think Jax is next.

i agree with your "mock" except I think SD takes Ramsey. I think Jax will take Jack and bosa goes to Ravens -- Edited by YoloinOhio

I am no expert and rarely watch the combine but I saw this guy in drills and he did not look good. I can't pass judgement on him but remember thinking "woof" when compared to the guys around him. He looked slow and clumsy. This is probably wrong.

when you lump 34de's who set an edge and DT's of all sorts together, yes.

it is thin at rushing 34olbs' and even thinner at 43 or 34 de's who can rush.

oakman was a late round guy i liked. i never have drafted a de in a draft i absolutely loved. dodd, maybe the closest.

I think the big difference is Whaley saw what happened with the Jets. I doubt Rex talks Whaley into Bosa. I like the guy but he is nothing spectacular. Not worth the number two pick. 19 I would run to the podium.

that seems to be conflicting.

I like Bosa...He reminds me a bit of Jared Allen...

That being said...I'm ultra-confident that the Bills can get a player at #19 that will have a great impact on this Defense...It may not be in the same way Bosa would...But it can still result in a much better Defense overall...And I think there is a great chance that a D-Lineman at #19 this year could turn out to be a better player at his position than Bosa will be at DE in the long run...

I really love the early depth in this Draft on the D-line...So I see zero reason in any Trade-up talk for a Defensive player...

Perhaps this is about as even keeled as it gets.

Good post.

this potential QB rush is bound to push a very very good Def player to nineteen.

Patience little Whaley-son

Bosa graded out as the second highest rated prospect in the draft by Ourlads Scouting publication and #2 by Pro Football Focus.

Watching clips, he played well against the best competition and never gets moved backwards. Nick Saban had Alabama double

team him a lot and ran the other way most of the night in last year's Sugar Bowl. I would take Bosa in a heartbeat.

But would you give away picks ?

Just thinking out loud so bear with me.

Base front 7:

Dareus - NT - Bosa

Lawson - P Brown - Z Brown - Hughes

Nickel package:

Bosa - Dareus - K Williams - Hughes

P Brown/Lawson - Z Brown

That look good to you guys? Save Kyle for rushing situations, could certainly still earn his salary.