Titans Trade #1 Overall Pick to the Rams

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, I have a similar trade in the mock I am working on now. Here is what I had, in comparison I think the Rams over paid but moving from 15 to 1 is a big jump, so I get it. I had them moving up for Wentz with the Eagles moving up to 6 for Goff after the Cowboys took Elliot at 4, Browns take Jack, Chargers take Tunsil, Jags take Ramsey, 49ers trade 7 to NOLA who takes Bosa.

*Trade*

Tennessee trades the 1st pick to Los Angeles for picks #15, #43, #45, #110 in the 2016 draft and the Rams 1st round pick in the 2017 draft. TVC = #1 - 3000 pts, #15,43,45,110 – 2044 pts + 2017 1st Round; +/- 1000 pts (16th pick) = +/-3044 pts.

1 – L.A. Rams (via. Tennessee) – Carson Wentz (QB – N. Dakota St.)

The Rams pay the price to get their franchise QB, and Wentz has all of the tools. Jerry Rice came from a small school and is the WR GOAT, I don’t think Wentz will be a QB GOAT, but he has the tools to be an excellent NFL QB, big arm, accurate in the pocket and on the run, can make pre and post snap reads, calls at the line, intangibles and he’s very athletic. Does he need some work? Yes, they all do and Wentz locks onto receivers as much as anyone, but has shown the ability to do more. The future is now for the Rams.

Grade: Top 10

If I were the Rams GM, I would do what they did, I like the move on behalf of both teams. :thumbsup:

I personally do not like the trade. To me this is a desprate attempt to save Fisher job. There is no player in this draft that is worth trading that much for in my opinion especially these QB's. Its not like the rams are trading up to take a Andrew Luck type of player. Time will tell. I hope I am wrong. For the record I like Wentz but not at that price.

Edited by Protocal69

@colincowherd

Multiple sources : Goff is now THE guy among teams wanting QB. Rams knew/heard that. Had to move up

Makes sense. He's the only one that looks like he could possibly start right away.

This all came about because Goff made a public play for Taylor Swift's attention. Showed he had the stones to play the position at the highest level :lol:

so the rams had the worst offense in the league last year and the #23 defense. Goff better be able to sling it if they want success otherwise that team is gonna struggle

Does Jeff Fischer's offense even use a QB?

Kid from North Dakota gonna be able to handle LA?

Handle LA?

Please. Los Angeles is going to be in a honeymoon state just for having football back and when they open the new stadium.

The new QB will face very little pressure, from the smog city, marijuana smoking, beachcombing dwellers.

@NFL_CFB

QBs are top 2 picks in @MoveTheSticks' new mock after #Rams trade up to No. 1 See it here: http://on.nfl.com/1ScDvCO

CgBAy4xWQAA3oWj.jpg

No. 1: Rams

Previous pick: Laremy Tunsil (Titans)

New pick: Carson Wentz

Picking Wentz would seem to be the way that they are leaning here. He'd give them a big, physical quarterback to compete in the rugged NFC West.

No. 2: Browns

Previous pick: Carson Wentz

New pick: Jared Goff

I'm not convinced they will take a QB here, but I'm also not convinced RGIII is a long-term answer.

@colincowherd

Multiple sources : Goff is now THE guy among teams wanting QB. Rams knew/heard that. Had to move up

Makes sense. He's the only one that looks like he could possibly start right away.

I think Wentz has the higher upside overall, but Goff is more pro ready with the speed of his reads and quicker decision making initially.

Cleveland has to go QB right? Unless its a full on tank for someone next year. In which case you might trade down to someone trying to jump in for maybe ramsay or jack. Or threaten to take goff and see if the 49ers blink and offer something good.

If you're dallas/jax - you're in great shape though. Bosa, Jack, buckner will all be there at 4/5.

You'd have to think so. Unless they're really not sold on whichever of Goff/Wentz doesn't go #1. But then they'll try to trade the pick to a team that is sold on that player. Then they could move back and target Lynch or a bigger project at QB later in the draft.

You'd have to think so. Unless they're really not sold on whichever of Goff/Wentz doesn't go #1. But then they'll try to trade the pick to a team that is sold on that player. Then they could move back and target Lynch or a bigger project at QB later in the draft.

I think the Rams were worried about Cleveland taking Goff, who is said to be Hue Jackson's preference, and made the move. I think Goff is going #1 and the Browns are now seriously looking for a trade partner themselves to get out of the #2 spot.