Titans Trade #1 Overall Pick to the Rams

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant trade...that's a lot of potential talent added by Tennessee... Los Angeles is desperate for a star QB for their new market...reminds me a little of the Herschel Walker trade

It is an insane trade in my opinion. It smacks of an act of desperation.

Or they get a legit franchise QB, but that would be positive, and we cant have that.

haha - it's just my opinion they overpaid for any of the QBs they may select in this draft at #1. And that's before the trade of all the picks to get there. I don't need to be positive about it if it looks like a bad deal. Edited by YoloinOhio

@SI_PeterKing

Titans have traded the top pick in the draft to the Rams.

@jwyattsports

.@Titans-@RamsNFL trade recap

CgAWeeFXIAEsu1l.jpg

And that's what a realistic trade to #1 overall looks like. There have been some pretty ridiculous trade scenarios floating around.

I'll be interested to see which QB they go with. Wentz looks like a prototypical Fisher QB, but snagging über popular Cali boy Goff for the LA market has huge fan appeal (and he's the better fair weather QB prospect anyway).

Edited by BarleyNY

@RapSheet

DB Jalen Ramsey is No. 1 on the big board of at least 2 teams in the Top 10. The trade means a team from 3-5 could actually grab him now

@PFF

Earlier this week, @PFF_Steve and @PFF_Sam debated Wentz or Goff to Browns. Welcome to the conversation, Rams fans: https://t.co/TSRx1oRtHj

@LATimesfarmer

Rams are taking a QB with No. 1 pick. I believe they're leaning toward Carson Wentz, but Jared Goff heavily in mix too. This gives them time

Good deal for the Titans. They get six picks within 76. They have their franchise QB.

I'm less sold for LA. I honestly don't think any new draft pick is a day 1 ready starter. They would be throwing their new player to the wolves. I hope we play LA early.

This is exactly how I feel. Even if (Wentz) the QB works out I believe it will be a couple of years. For the Titans, I would be ecstatic. With those 2nd and 3rd round picks they could end up adding 4-5 starters from this draft. Also, knowing they have 2 first rounders next year is going to work out great for them. And, like Whitewalker said, they have their franchise qb.

As others have said, the Rams definitely need a QB, but I feel that a good QB still doesn't push them over the top at this point. Nobody to throw to, and honestly other than their D-line, I wouldn't be confident going into the season basically adding nobody to the defense. Really the whole deal hinges on whether the QB will workout, and not a RGIII situation.

@RapSheet

DB Jalen Ramsey is No. 1 on the big board of at least 2 teams in the Top 10. The trade means a team from 3-5 could actually grab him now

@PFF

Earlier this week, @PFF_Steve and @PFF_Sam debated Wentz or Goff to Browns. Welcome to the conversation, Rams fans: https://t.co/TSRx1oRtHj

That's no surprise anyway. The Oiltans were probably going to pick Tunsil if they couldn't trade out and Cleveland was going to take a QB (and probably still are or will trade to a team that will). At what point was Ramsey not going to make it to 3?

they just get scraps early on and overpay

Yea, I definitely don't think this is the year to pull of that deal. For them though, it's huge in terms of marketing for their "new" market. They'll get a face of the franchise and they get the pick of the litter.

Yea, I definitely don't think this is the year to pull of that deal. For them though, it's huge in terms of marketing for their "new" market. They'll get a face of the franchise and they get the pick of the litter.

that is certainly a big part of it

This is exactly how I feel. Even if (Wentz) the QB works out I believe it will be a couple of years. For the Titans, I would be ecstatic. With those 2nd and 3rd round picks they could end up adding 4-5 starters from this draft. Also, knowing they have 2 first rounders next year is going to work out great for them. And, like Whitewalker said, they have their franchise qb.

As others have said, the Rams definitely need a QB, but I feel that a good QB still doesn't push them over the top at this point. Nobody to throw to, and honestly other than their D-line, I wouldn't be confident going into the season basically adding nobody to the defense. Really the whole deal hinges on whether the QB will workout, and not a RGIII situation.

Yup. I'm very happy if I'm the Oiltans. Nice trade for them. And it'll be a nice trade for the Rams if they hit on their QB. I totally disagree with this having anything to do with winning now. Drafts rarely do - except in the eyes of most fans. Exactly how was a team like the Rams going to "win now" with any possible draft picks or moves? It's a poor line of thinking for them. If the Rams hit on their franchise QB, then they'll be able to finish building their team as their FQB develops and they can have a nice, long run. That's what this is about.