Titans Trade #1 Overall Pick to the Rams

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DonBanks

When Trent Dilfer last week said on SI's Audibles podcast that he'd "be shocked'' if QBs didn't go 1-2 in draft, lots of folks scoffed.

The Tennessee Titans are set up for the future in a big way thanks to the haul they got from the Rams.

Tennessee Titans general manager Jon Robinson cut his teeth in the New England Patriots' personnel department and said he put into practice a philosophy learned in Foxborough: Always maximize value.

GM Jon Robinson believes a good player will be on the board at No. 15 when the Titans make their first pick in the 2016 NFL Draft. Here are five players he'll consider.

Did the Rams just write the sequel to the RG3 trade disaster flick? Maybe, but with no QB to pilot the franchise in its big LA move, they had to make this deal.

@RapSheet

If the #Browns see the #Rams take the QB they want, don't rule out a trade with the #Eagles for No. 2. Philly was in discussions for No. 1.

Boy, this is one of those WTF moments, gee.. If it works out for LA, then great move, but boy if it doesn't talk about setting you back.. Either way, the Titans will win this trade regardless of what Wentz does. Titans are going to be a tough out this year.

Tim-

It looks like the Titans made a good deal, but it will only look good in retrospect if Mariota turns out to be good. The jury is definitely out on that front. If he ends up mediocre and the guy the Rams draft is very good, the Rams will come out looking better. Anyway it's WAAAAY too early to judge who "wins" this trade.

It looks like the Titans made a good deal, but it will only look good in retrospect if Mariota turns out to be good. The jury is definitely out on that front. If he ends up mediocre and the guy the Rams draft is very good, the Rams will come out looking better. Anyway it's WAAAAY too early to judge who "wins" this trade.

I personally think Mariotta is gonna be a good qb.......he has the intangibles

and, of course, it will only look good if the Titans draft well with the picks they got in return. Could be win/win, lose/lose or anything in between. We won't really know for 2 years or more.

I don't necessarily agree with this part. Even if Mariota looked awful last year they were not going to spend the #1 overall pick this year on a QB. It really doesn't come into play.

I think that you could argue if Jalen Ramsey becomes Deion Sanders or Laremy Tunsil becomes Anthony Munoz maybe they made a mistake. Otherwise, I think that it is tough to regret it (considering QB was never in play for them).

I feel sorry for whichever QB the Rams select #1. No QB in this draft is NFL ready and won't be for a few seasons at best. Yes, the Rams need a QB, but this trade was made for the glamour value of the Rams' return to LA more than anything; a real glitz pick. This QB has never played a down in the league and will already be the brand of the LA franchise. It's enough pressure just trying to figure out and survive the defenses this kid is gonna see, let alone be the face of a storied franchise's return to the showbiz capitol of the world.

My sympathies, Carson Goff.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm not sure why in the early pages people thought a good deal for the Rams. Great for the Titans as they already have their QB. They easily have with a good scouting office 6-8 starters over the next two years. They also have lots of negotiating room to deal some pics for an experienced player. They have tons of space so can you imagine with the Jets get desperate to move from 20 to 15, the Titans could get an elite player like Wilkerson. That guys has years of playing in him, and he will be successful anywhere.

The Rams I could understand if it were Luck. He was a slam dunk so probably worth it if you have an O-Line, WR, great RB, and a fantastic defense. Neither of the top 2 are slam dunk QB's.

This begs of Kronkie trying to make money and filling the seats in his new venue with this deal. This deal though can hurt them for several years.

I'm not sure why in the early pages people thought a good deal for the Rams. Great for the Titans as they already have their QB. They easily have with a good scouting office 6-8 starters over the next two years. They also have lots of negotiating room to deal some pics for an experienced player. They have tons of space so can you imagine with the Jets get desperate to move from 20 to 15, the Titans could get an elite player like Wilkerson. That guys has years of playing in him, and he will be successful anywhere.

The Rams I could understand if it were Luck. He was a slam dunk so probably worth it if you have an O-Line, WR, great RB, and a fantastic defense. Neither of the top 2 are slam dunk QB's.

This begs of Kronkie trying to make money and filling the seats in his new venue with this deal. This deal though can hurt them for several years.

It's funny that you say this because it was exactly what I was thinking. I admittedly think that Luck is overrated but he was still incredibly safe coming out. There was virtually no chance that he wasn't going to be a Pro Bowl QB. The Rams are not getting that with this deal.