Titans Trade #1 Overall Pick to the Rams

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said last week, it's the Browns.

They'll find a way to be picking in the top 2, with 2 potential franchise QBs in the drat, and still not take a QB.

IMO they'll stay put and take Ramsey, because they don't have a GM, and they'll drive way too hard a bargain for the #2 pick.

I doubt that SD passes on Tunsil at 3, so you're looking at Wentz going 4th; either to Dallas straight up or to SF or Philly after moving up.

The most interesting scenario is Philly moving up to 4 to draft Wentz--that could potentially start a domino effect.

Figure the next 3 picks after Wentz goes at 4 are (in no particular order) Bosa, Jack, and Buckner. Then you've got Dallas on the board at 8--would they take Ezekiel Elliott even after signing Alfred Morris and having Darren McFadden? If they don't how far does Zeke fall?

I can't see TB taking him at 9 after giving Doug Martin a big contract, so maybe he slots in with the Giants at 10 or the Bears at 11?

What effect does that have on the draft position for guys like Ronnie Stanley and Vernon Hargreaves, both of whom are borderline top-10 picks?

But everyone here said the Rams are stupid because "this year is not the year" to do that.

I wish the Bills would have the balls to jump up to 2 and take whichever QB the Rams don't take.

@PFF_Neil

Tape confirms what stats say. Jared Goff is the best QB in this draft (and probably by some margin)

Cga7_I5W4AAb-_s.jpg

If the Browns are serious about trading back (and it appears as though they are) then they have at least one QB they like better than Wentz. Lynch and Cook are the obvious candidates in that case.

I would hope so after giving that much up

CBF

Anything less than being 100% sure is unacceptable after making that trade. You make that kind of deal, there is no room for doubt. None. Not even 3% worth of doubt.

GO BILLS!!!

If the Browns are serious about trading back (and it appears as though they are) then they have at least one QB they like better than Wentz. Lynch and Cook are the obvious candidates in that case.

@alexmarvez

IF @Eagles & @Browns make deal for No. 2 overall pick, I'm told compensation includes 1st- & 3rd-rnd picks in 2016/17 @SiriusXMNFL @NFLonFOX

@ESPNNFL

Rams GM Les Snead said his team is "97% sure" about who it will take with the top choice. http://es.pn/26cUImO

Anything less than being 100% sure is unacceptable after making that trade. You make that kind of deal, there is no room for doubt. None. Not even 3% worth of doubt.

GO BILLS!!!

No it is not 100% because they are still digging and something may come up on the player may change their mind. And the selected player could do something stupid before draft.

Saying they were 100% in would be idiotic; they are holding the first pick in the draft can negotiate ahead of time and if talking to player's agent they find they will be unreasonable (i.e. Eli Manning, Elway) they can change gears even this late.

No it is not 100% because they are still digging and something may come up on the player may change their mind. And the selected player could do something stupid before draft.

Saying they were 100% in would be idiotic; they are holding the first pick in the draft can negotiate ahead of time and if talking to player's agent they find they will be unreasonable (i.e. Eli Manning, Elway) they can change gears even this late.

Saying 97% is even more idiotic.

GO BILLS!!!

It would be gold if the Browns couldn't trade back and were forced to take Wentz... I just feel he will be an NFL failure.

I had a 4 hour car ride today, mostly listening to Sirius NFL channel. Very impressive long list of professional folks who disagree. So, you may be right on this one.

But, if I had to, I'd bet on the other prognosticators.

I expect a lot of movement with this draft. I think Philly will be the team to move up to #2, right now the big hang up is likely seeing who the Rams pick. I hear some of the concerns about the Browns wanting too much, but ultimately I think the money ball approach is to take multiple picks and have multiple chances, they'll take the best offer on the table. There's some real intrigue in Tennessee potentially moving back up, if they are sold on one of Tunsil / Ramsey / Stanley, they could easily move up from #15 with all the draft capital they've amassed. If the Browns move back to #7, I would not be shocked one bit if they move down again from there, or if they take a guy like Stanley then Thomas might be dealt before the weekend is up.