A.J. Tarpley retires due to concussions

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a UDFA I'm glad he got the chance to play in the league and actually make some exciting plays before he retired. He wasn't the best player, but he made something of the time he got late in the season when he had to fill in for all the injured guys.

Best of luck to him!! Football is a tough game. That's why I never fault guys for holding out for more money or retiring early. Your earning years and small and your health risks large. Get what you can get and get out healthy.

+1

wow. And his degree is in Information Science and Tech in Society. He has a bright future for sure.

When he co-hosted a sports show last year he stated he wanted to get into broadcasting after his football playing days were over.

Hes probably playing the worst position if he doesn't want concussions. We used to do the "eye opener" drill where the RB runs down the line and picks a hole and the LB has to stuff him. Both guys running full speed at each other made for some big collisions. Between that and the Oklahoma drill, LB's do the most hitting of any position and RB's receive the most hits. And im just talking about practice! Getting popped dozens of times and multiply that by how many practices per week and then add in the actual games, im surprised hes only had 4 concussions. Play either of those positions at your own risk

I only see one mention of a concussion for Tarpley with the Bills--back in October, Jags game. He was waived in Nov and resigned to the PS in Dec, promoted to the roster on Dec 10.

To say he had low miles on him is an understatement. I wonder if there is more to this story..

I only see one mention of a concussion for Tarpley with the Bills--back in October, Jags game. He was waived in Nov and resigned to the PS in Dec, promoted to the roster on Dec 10.

To say he had low miles on him is an understatement. I wonder if there is more to this story..

A 3rd string, slow MLB with concussions and a Stanford degree? What's more to the story?

Best wishes to A.J.

When I saw headline on CNN that a NFLer was retiring early due to concussions, I hoped it wasn't a Bill.

But you certainly can't blame the guy. With his Stanford degree in hand, he's probably going to have a bright future. If he had stayed in the NFL, maybe not.

Cool he mentioned the Bills Mafia.