Amy Schumer says that she is not a 'plus-size'

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't take issue with women with a couple extra lbs. My wife is a size 6 and I'm all about it. Amy's weight distribution isn't pretty though. She's all arms and thighs. Not very attractive.

Because she is one of the people that you are told you are supposed to like despite al of your instincts telling you she is vile and stupid. This trick works on many people. Is has made a number of careers as well:

Lance Armstrong

Lena Dunham

Ben Affleck

Hillary Clinton

Madonna

Bruce Springsteen

and so many more

This could probably be its own thread.

...and no I wouldn't

...and I don't think she's funny

Because she is one of the people that you are told you are supposed to like despite al of your instincts telling you she is vile and stupid. This trick works on many people. Is has made a number of careers as well:

Lance Armstrong

Lena Dunham

Ben Affleck

Hillary Clinton

Madonna

Bruce Springsteen

and so many more

Your list is spot on. I would also add:

Melissa McCarthy

Sandra Bullock

Julia Roberts

George Clooney

Gwyneth Paltrow

Edited by Mark Vader

Lance Armstrong

Lena Dunham

Ben Affleck

Hillary Clinton

Madonna

Bruce Springsteen

and so many more

Does this list have to be limited to people? Can we add shows? Because The Office (American version) matches that exact description.

It's simply not funny in any way whatsoever, yet dozens of people that I know like it because they're told to like it.

Gotta say I disagree with the "she's not funny" crowd. She's a comedienne in the mold of Sarah Silverman, Whitney Cummings, etc. They're hotter, but the reason they're good is because they're blunt. The schitt they're saying is true, and it's hysterical. I think the problem is that a lot of people don't think women should speak about the things these comediennes speak about.

Inside Amy Schumer is a riot.

But to each his own.

Does this list have to be limited to people? Can we add shows? Because The Office (American version) matches that exact description.

It's simply not funny in any way whatsoever, yet dozens of people that I know like it because they're told to like it.

Dude, I started watching The Office without knowing anything about it, and found it to be incredibly entertaining (for the first several seasons). Once Steve Carell left I lost interest.

It's perfectly ok for people to form their own opinions, and we shouldn't presume that every time somebody likes a show, an actor, a band, or anything else in the entertainment genre it's because somebody told them to like it.

I am the least sheeple-ish person I know and I absolutely loved the Office.

I had to laugh when you guys started putting together the "Famous People We're Supposed to Like" list.

My thoughts exactly when it comes to her.

Two others:

Trevor Noah

Erin Andrews

I tried to watch that show a few times and never made it longer than 30 seconds before the overwhelming stupidity and lack of humor created an urgency to change the channel that I can only describe as similar to the need to reach the surface after being underwater too long.

Add to the list:

American Idol and every other singing/dancing 'contest' show (I don't give a flying !@#$ if "they're really good!!")

Joe Biden

Serena Williams

Gotta say I disagree with the "she's not funny" crowd. She's a comedienne in the mold of Sarah Silverman, Whitney Cummings, etc. They're hotter, but the reason they're good is because they're blunt. The schitt they're saying is true, and it's hysterical. I think the problem is that a lot of people don't think women should speak about the things these comediennes speak about.

That line at the end is exactly why they wind up being polarized, they are aimed at a very specific demographic. When that's what you are, there's going to be so many more of the people who don't like or get it. If that's what you want to be, that's fine, but it will never be for everyone.

I tried to watch that show a few times and never made it longer than 30 seconds before the overwhelming stupidity and lack of humor created an urgency to change the channel that I can only describe as similar to the need to reach the surface after being underwater too long.

Add to the list:

American Idol and every other singing/dancing 'contest' show (I don't give a flying !@#$ if "they're really good!!")

Joe Biden

Serena Williams

More to the list:

Kiko Alonso

Tom Hanks

Kevin Costner

Doug Flutie

Dude, I started watching The Office without knowing anything about it, and found it to be incredibly entertaining (for the first several seasons). Once Steve Carell left I lost interest.

It's perfectly ok for people to form their own opinions, and we shouldn't presume that every time somebody likes a show, an actor, a band, or anything else in the entertainment genre it's because somebody told them to like it.

We're being uppity, and thus, if you like something that I don't, then it's because you're a sheep.

Got it?

Interesting list.

I always felt that there are a select few celebs at any given time that can do no wrong and no matter what get tons of love from the media

2 that come to mind are Adele and Katy Perry

CBF

I've wondered if Adele had the body of Britney Spears or Ariana Grande, would she get the play she gets? Or do people care because she's somehow more "authentic" because she's stated she doesn't like exercise and isn't a size 2?

I recall reading an article about women falling out of love with Meghan Trainor because she lost weight and somehow became a sellout because of it.