Amy Schumer says that she is not a 'plus-size'

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's one:

Maggie Gyllenhall. We're told she is a good actress. Not so much IMO.

She is also constantly being cast in the role of attractive females. Are we seriously supposed to believe this? It is not a judgement of someone to recognize the fact that they are ugly. Lots of people are ugly. It does not make them a bad person and it is really not a big deal at all. But seriously do we have to act like Harvey Dent, Bruce Wayne and Batman would all be fighting over this chick? Brainy or not and as "enlightened" as those characters are, I'm sorry but this is not a realistic scenario.

For me it has to be Adele.

I mean all her songs are pretty much the same. All slow ballad songs yet everytime she releases a new single, the radio stations and media fall in love with her more and more and say how this song is better than the last

CBF

I think she is a good singer but basically agree with your point about anyone thinking she isn't must be shunned.

Here's one:

Maggie Gyllenhall. We're told she is a good actress. Not so much IMO.

She is also constantly being cast in the role of attractive females. Are we seriously supposed to believe this? It is not a judgement of someone to recognize the fact that they are ugly. Lots of people are ugly. It does not make them a bad person and it is really not a big deal at all. But seriously do we have to act like Harvey Dent, Bruce Wayne and Batman would all be fighting over this chick? Brainy or not and as "enlightened" as those characters are, I'm sorry but this is not a realistic scenario.

Totally agree. I don't find her attractive at all.

The problem is there doesn't seem to be an adequate definition of 'plus sized'. First it was anyone who was a size 8. Now it seems to cover everyone up to shamu level. Perhaps we need to be more specific and use the appropriate number of 'pluses' when describing someone.

That way Amy Schumer could feel better about being plus sized if we made it clear that someone like Adele was plus-plus-plus-sized or triple-plus sized.

Edited by KD in CT

I am the least sheeple-ish person I know and I absolutely loved the Office.

I loved the first 8 or 9 seasons of The Office as well. By most accounts, I have highly critical and picky taste when it comes to comedy. And everything else.

I loved the first 8 or 9 seasons of The Office as well. By most accounts, I have highly critical and picky taste when it comes to comedy. And everything else.

The office is hilarious. Bandit has lost points today.

Everyone whose had a few jobs has worked with a Stanley, a Phyllis, an Oscar, a Toby, and the MVP Creed.

The office is hilarious. Bandit has lost points today.

Everyone whose had a few jobs has worked with a Stanley, a Phyllis, an Oscar, a Toby, and the MVP Creed.

Nope...I've worked multiple office jobs, and to me, the entire show was the same joke--hey look, so-and-so is being awkward...hilarious!...and it never resonated with me on any level.

Nope...I've worked multiple office jobs, and to me, the entire show was the same joke--hey look, so-and-so is being awkward...hilarious!...and it never resonated with me on any level.

I get it. The show didn't click for me at first either.

Some of the characters were pretty funny with a little time. Jmo.

There's a little saying I learned from How I Met Your Mother. If you can't spot the crazy person on the bus, it's you. So maybe you're the Creed or Toby or Dwight at your place of work. Edited by sodbuster

There's a little saying I learned from How I Met Your Mother. If you can't spot the crazy person on the bus, it's you. So maybe you're the Creed or Toby or Dwight at your place of work.

Oh we had crazies, they just weren't anything like the show depicted.

Actually, most of my office jobs were filled with smart-asses or incredibly boring people.