John Blake????

major

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blake is also corrupt, serving up student-athletes to an agent for cash. Rex relatives and cronies abound, results remain dubious.

one of those was MD99 and another is a newer member to BB's in Gregg Little .....Blake also coached Hughes

per: Two Bills Drive @twobillsdrive 2h2 hours ago

John Blake's rocky path to Buffalo's D-Line includes scandal, Marcell Dareus, Jerry Hughes: 'Blake, 55,... http://bit.ly/1QTMSqg #Bills

"Current Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus told NCAA investigators in 2010 that Blake recommended agent Gary Wichard (since deceased) to him in a phone conversation that summer. Blake and Wichard were close friends."

"As noted by The MMQB, Blake has trained Bills outside linebacker Jerry Hughes, in addition to Jason Pierre-Paul, Dwight Freeney and Robert Quinn. He helped Pierre-Paul after the Giants end's hand was blasted in a fireworks accident."

"One more Bills connection? Wide receiver Greg Little, signed after the season, was part of the improper benefits scandal at North Carolina. He attended a party at South Beach that triggered the NCAA investigation into the university and led to suspensions and, eventually, Blake's resignation. The party, as Little explained in this interview, will "haunt" him."

Does this guy (Rex) have any sense of a moral compass that influences his decision making? Is it completely missing? He just seems to have no clue when it comes to judging people. Are they only hired because Rex knows them?

Or--and this is what I fear the most--are these Rex cronies the only kind of people that will work for him?

Of all the people in the world, he has to hire this guy. I guess he is a good match for the kid-beating oline coach.

Edited by CSBill

Let's not fool ourselves here. Cronyism is rife with all 32 teams, the NFL is essentially an old boys club with little inclination for taking on what it doesn't know.

The guy sounds dodgy but this is Rex's world. We're just living in it. Blake coached a few decent DL at UNC so hopefully the appointment pays off, it kinda needs to.

What graveyard did Rex dig this guy up at? Blake was a horrible coach at Oklahoma. I would have been more comfortable resurrecting the bones of Jerry Glanville.

At 36-11 that's an average of 9-2.25 which sounds pretty good to me. I admit I've never watched Oklahoma closely during those years, but that is a good record for a coach in a Division 1 football powerhouse like Oklahoma.

The conduct with agents is deplorable, but my guess although not ethical iet's most likely more common than we want to admit. That still doesn't excuse at all his behavior.

It's been a long time, but that Dallas defensive line was impressive in the 90's. Let's hope he knows how to get the most of these guys, and the true test is we will most likely at 19th selection in the draft pick up another defensive player. How quickly this player adapts to this ultra complicated scheme will determine how effective Blake is as a position coach.

Although the timing of Dunbar is odd and certainly hurts him from getting his next coaching opportunity, it does make sense for a position coach to get fired when he was an utter failure from a previously successful line.

John Blake = Rob Ryan

Dunbar likely indicated RR was not welcome.

Once again our head coach, (players coach of the highest order) demonstrates his skills at handling people. In the end they all love him because they owe him,

This is another item to add to the list of signs we are in as much trouble as we were with Dick Jauron. The difference appears to be that Jauron was at least a gentleman.

I can't believe Terry let Rex hire this guy, who does he think he is? So what that this guy knows something about defensive lines, he clearly is one step away from being a pedophile, with all of that agent recommending he did. Rex acts like its his coaching staff to do with as he pleases. Can you believe they let him hire his brother? Sure the guy has experience coaching this style of defense, but won't someone think of the nepotism? Cronyism? Rex is clearly not in this to win, he simply wants to get every dollar he can for him and his cronies. Frankly, we as fans should be allowed to vet every coaching candidate for purity and virtue.

I can't believe Terry let Rex hire this guy, who does he think he is? So what that this guy knows something about defensive lines, he clearly is one step away from being a pedophile, with all of that agent recommending he did. Rex acts like its his coaching staff to do with as he pleases. Can you believe they let him hire his brother? Sure the guy has experience coaching this style of defense, but won't someone think of the nepotism? Cronyism? Rex is clearly not in this to win, he simply wants to get every dollar he can for him and his cronies. Frankly, we as fans should be allowed to vet every coaching candidate for purity and virtue.

you had me there for a second. But that's because we are likely to see a serious post like this soon!

:thumbsup: