John Blake????

major

The personnel trend, both staff and player.

It's not a trend unless it happens 4 trillion times, so Rex's habits can't be considered a trend until he does something like this 1.3 trillion more times.

Does any of this matter as a DL coach in the NFL?

Does that really matter when the typical play call comes in one second before the snap an is something like:

Romeo-jumbo-matchstick-stiletto-gap3-5Iron-Warandpeacepage914paragraph5sentencetwoword5-pedicure-flare44-circle

?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a trend unless it happens 4 trillion times, so Rex's habits can't be considered a trend until he does something like this 1.3 trillion more times.

Does that really matter when the typical play call comes in one second before the snap an is something like:

Romeo-jumbo-matchstick-stiletto-gap3-5Iron-Warandpeacepage914paragraph5sentencetwoword5-pedicure-flare44-circle

?

5193166-A-pari-of-oversized-red-and-yell

@SalSports

Bills hire Blake as DL coach, make defensive coaching changes: http://www.wgr550.com/Bills-hire-Blake-as-DL-coach-make-defensive-coachi/22567118

The Bills also announced that Jason Rebrovich will move from coaching linebackers to working with Blake on the defensive line and Jeff Weeks will coach the outside linebackers.

Rex acts like its his coaching staff to do with as he pleases. Can you believe they let him hire his brother? Sure the guy has experience coaching this style of defense, but won't someone think of the nepotism? Cronyism? Rex is clearly not in this to win, he simply wants to get every dollar he can for him and his cronies. Frankly, we as fans should be allowed to vet every coaching candidate for purity and virtue.

From the pictures I've seen, he looks like he's got a gut on him almost worthy of Rob. I just want these guys to give birth already and "get with the program" to whip into post-partum shape by TC if not OTA, I'm tired of our sidelines looking "fully pregnant"

Does any of this matter as a DL coach in the NFL?

A poster made a comment about his coaching record in college. It was corrected.

Does any of it really matter any more?

Damn, after watching the defense take a nosedive in 2015, he hired a guy as de facto assistant DC, who was just fired because he was running one of the worst defenses in NFL history.

There isn't more to day after that.

A poster made a comment about his coaching record in college. It was corrected.

Does any of it really matter any more?

Damn, after watching the defense take a nosedive in 2015, he hired a guy as de facto assistant DC, who was just fired because he was running one of the worst defenses in NFL history.

There isn't more to day after that.

Sink or swim, Rex is going to do things his way in 2016. He'll either succeed or he won't. popcorn.gif

In another thread I mentioned that I expect Rex to bring in Johnny Manziel. Why? If he's not afraid to bring his brother and Blake on board, who are both less than stellar coaches, then why would he be afraid to bring in another person who is less than stellar like Johnny?

5193166-A-pari-of-oversized-red-and-yell

Stilletto and pedicure in the play call weren't enough feet references for Rex? How about:

Don Juan-butterfly-clownshoe-stiletto-gap9-pitching wedge-Theoldmanandtheseapage441paragraph1sentence2word6-pedicure-alkalineasinbatterynotbaseballplayer

?

Sink or swim, Rex is going to do things his way in 2016. He'll either succeed or he won't. popcorn.gif

People like to use the term "doubling down" as it comes to him in the offseason.

I think he's going for a 5 Card Charlie.

In another thread I mentioned that I expect Rex to bring in Johnny Manziel. Why? If he's not afraid to bring his brother and Blake on board, who are both less than stellar coaches, then why would he be afraid to bring in another person who is less than stellar like Johnny?

You must be kidding?

@PFWeekly

Hiring John Blake as D-line coach is Rex Ryan's latest curveball: http://shawurl.com/2gwo

CdmLao0UkAAIopI.jpg

The way we see it

This is a bold hire, as Blake has some credentials in the names he's worked with but has held just one NFL coaching job in his life, and that came more than 20 years ago with one of the more talented defensive lines. Perhaps more concerning, he hasn't coached any team in five years, although he has worked individually with Pierre-Paul and Hughes as well as Dwight Freeney and Robert Quinn. He'll work with Hughes in Buffalo, so they'll have that familiarity going for them at least.

Either way, Buffalo is going to need much better production out of its defensive line than it got last season, when a group that included Mario Williams, Marcel Dareus, Hughes and some of Kyle Williams finished 31st in sacks and 24th in rushing yards per carry allowed. Granted, Williams missed 11 games and Williams was badly miscast in the 3-4, but we're not yet sold that hiring Blake solves all the issues, either.

Hey! We agree on something. I don't think Rex would do something this stupid. Plus he'd need Whaley on this one and maybe even Pegula. No way.

:thumbsup: No team is touching this guy in 2016.

Worked with some big time players. Hope he can get the DLine cookin again. Can't say that I care about all that other stuff

+1000. We need a fresh new DLine coach who has proven he can do the job, and we got one.

Im pretty sure he's not going to violate any more NCAA rules guys. What a bunch of boy scouts in this thread.....

and you felt the need to mention it here as well?

+1000. We need a fresh new DLine coach who has proven he can do the job, and we got one.

Im pretty sure he's not going to violate any more NCAA rules guys. What a bunch of boy scouts in this thread.....

"has held just one NFL coaching job in his life, and that came more than 20 years ago with one of the more talented defensive lines. Perhaps more concerning, he hasn't coached any team in five years"

Edited by Mr. WEO

and you felt the need to mention it here as well?

obviously because the issues that Blake had with the ncaa and Rob had with defensive stats are just like substance abuse, DV and lack of commitment to football. Edited by YoloinOhio

Whether people want to admit it or not, violating NCAA rules is pretty common practice. Particularly with big time schools. He just one of the ones who got caught