John Blake????

major

It's the Rex Ryan Clown car of coaching

It really is sad. We lucked into Marrone being gone and were handed a golden opportunity. At the time we hired Rex, I was one of the many that were fooled into thinking it would be great for the Bills. Although his heart is in the right place, Rex has shown himself as knowing one thing, and that one thing is his antiquated defensive scheme. Knowing just the one thing, and having it be something that no longer works, means the player fallout, scapegoating, and hiring of more and more buffoonish staff is inevitable. My frustration as a Bills fan is very high and it is aggravating seeing a good roster being wasted for a few years und er Rex.

I want to be clear that on a personal level I still think Rex is a good dude. I find it sad that his reputation, although undeserved because he has failed so many consecutive years, is taking a hit. I don't wish that on him. I'd hope he'd be able to adjust and right the ship for both himself and the team but all the evidence points in the wrong direction. All of it. At this point I think we all just have to sit back and watch the inevitable disaster that will be our 2016 defense. It will not be good for Buffalo, the Bills, Rex, or the fans from anywhere and everywhere. I don't wish that upon any of those groups or upon Rex. I know he'll take it to heart and that is sad. If only he could adjust or hire someone that could help him do so.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People hang on to paper bag frowny masks long enough for them to gather dust? Paper bags are pretty cheap, why not just get new ones?

Have you seen a full size paper bag in the last 5 years? They're collectors items and need to be glass encased. -though they are safer than plastic bags over your head..

At 36-11 that's an average of 9-2.25 which sounds pretty good to me. I admit I've never watched Oklahoma closely during those years, but that is a good record for a coach in a Division 1 football powerhouse like Oklahoma.

The conduct with agents is deplorable, but my guess although not ethical iet's most likely more common than we want to admit. That still doesn't excuse at all his behavior.

It's been a long time, but that Dallas defensive line was impressive in the 90's. Let's hope he knows how to get the most of these guys, and the true test is we will most likely at 19th selection in the draft pick up another defensive player. How quickly this player adapts to this ultra complicated scheme will determine how effective Blake is as a position coach.

Although the timing of Dunbar is odd and certainly hurts him from getting his next coaching opportunity, it does make sense for a position coach to get fired when he was an utter failure from a previously successful line.

the 36-11 record was as a player.

As a coach, he was 12-22 and 1-9 against Top 25 teams.

http://soonerstats.com/football/coaches/ou/details.cfm?OUCoachID=21

Bob Stoops took over and won a NC in his 2nd. season. Blake is considered, by far, the worst coach in Oklahoma history. Or at least since the invention of the automobile.

Couldn't care less about the stuff in college. Can he coach DL is all I care about. And again, Rex has this year to get the team to the playoffs.

QFT. College football is shady as hell. Seems like he has the potential to be a good coach, and will no longer have to worry about the "integrity" of "amateur" "student-athletes."

the 36-11 record was as a player.

As a coach, he was 12-22 and 1-9 against Top 25 teams.

http://soonerstats.com/football/coaches/ou/details.cfm?OUCoachID=21

Bob Stoops took over and won a NC in his 2nd. season. Blake is considered, by far, the worst coach in Oklahoma history. Or at least since the invention of the automobile.

Does any of this matter as a DL coach in the NFL?