John Blake????

major

It really is sad. We lucked into Marrone being gone and were handed a golden opportunity. At the time we hired Rex, I was one of the many that were fooled into thinking it would be great for the Bills. Although his heart is in the right place, Rex has shown himself as knowing one thing, and that one thing is his antiquated defensive scheme. Knowing just the one thing, and having it be something that no longer works, means the player fallout, scapegoating, and hiring of more and more buffoonish staff is inevitable. My frustration as a Bills fan is very high and it is aggravating seeing a good roster being wasted for a few years und er Rex.

I want to be clear that on a personal level I still think Rex is a good dude. I find it sad that his reputation, although undeserved because he has failed so many consecutive years, is taking a hit. I don't wish that on him. I'd hope he'd be able to adjust and right the ship for both himself and the team but all the evidence points in the wrong direction. All of it. At this point I think we all just have to sit back and watch the inevitable disaster that will be our 2016 defense. It will not be good for Buffalo, the Bills, Rex, or the fans from anywhere and everywhere. I don't wish that upon any of those groups or upon Rex. I know he'll take it to heart and that is sad. If only he could adjust or hire someone that could help him do so.

Welcome one! Welcome All!! To this Falls NFL Blockbuster!!! "The Bickering Bills 2016!!" This time it isnt just the players, Its the front Office!!! starring jonah hill as Rex Ryan!! Louie Anderson as Rob Ryan! Adam Sandler as Tyrod Taylor and Rob Shnieder as mentally challenged news reporter Sully!!

Edited by Marty McFly

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether people want to admit it or not, violating NCAA rules is pretty common practice. Particularly with big time schools. He just one of the ones who got caught

The "NCAA rule" he violated was taking kickbacks from an agent he referred players to. He didn't violate rules to help his team win or entice recruits--he did it to make money for himself.

Big distinction there...

The "NCAA rule" he violated was taking kickbacks from an agent he referred players to. He didn't violate rules to help his team win or entice recruits--he did it to make money for himself.

Big distinction there...

Yep. Blake doesn't sound at all trustworthy, more like a compulsive liar. Disappointed he's on the team unless he's truly turned his ethics and life around. This story gives a pretty thorough accounting of things back in 2011: http://www.si.com/more-sports/2011/10/26/john-blake Rexy's even in it too.

Rex if off his meds again.

I was not surprised Dunbar would be let go.

But this is an odd pick.

Makes me think Karl was pushing back too much for Rex ?? Just a wild guess.

Weeks goes to coach the OLBs. Do the Bills have any of those right now even ?

Big distinction there...

But it's okay for college players, like your boy Goofball, to receive improper benefits from agents? Why the double standard?

But it's okay for college players, like your boy Goofball, to receive improper benefits from agents? Why the double standard?

I really don't think players getting a little something on the side (for what they are worth) is anything at all like a COACH taking advantage of his relationship with a player (and an agent) to make money for himself.

Do you really not see a difference there? Of course you do.

Big distinction there...

So coaches that do it to win are ok? Cheating to win will ultimately benefit coaches financially as well. No difference

Would you like some stories about Pete Carroll?

I'm well aware

I really don't think players getting a little something on the side (for what they are worth) is anything at all like a COACH taking advantage of his relationship with a player (and an agent) to make money for himself.

Do you really not see a difference there? Of course you do.

There's really not much difference. Blake is also trying to get a little something on the side, by hooking players up with agents. The players aren't being forced into it and agents are agents. If it wasn't Wichard, it would be someone else.

We are talking football here. Not mister nice guys. Can he coach? Yes. Really good? Yes. All you perfect people love "Shady". Ha There is a real upstanding guy. Get off your platform and hope for good things for our Bill's. Everybody thought Richie was a dirty player. Now because he is ours we love him.

Sorry for being late to this party. I'm familiar with Blake only from his time at UNC, where he was perceived as a very good DL coach and outstanding recruiter. Yes, he recommended his agent friend to players - a no-no in college athletics. There are many who believe he took the fall for Butch Davis at Carolina. I make no predictions but I also would not be so quick to write him off as a useful addition to the Bills staff. I realize my words fall upon deaf ears to the "Rex sucks" crowd so don't bother replying.