John Blake????

major

First of all a huge over reaction to a DL coach. Frankly it won't matter- they won't stink because of him and won't be good because of him. It's not his Oklahoma coaching it's his reputation as a terrible position coach (DL) although he's considered a great recruiter. Corrupt ? Oh god yes but if you don't want to see corrupt people don't look into college football staffs. For the record I don't like the hire but don't really think it's a huge deal. He can stand there on game day and yell come on good player just like anyone else.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe Terry let Rex hire this guy, who does he think he is? So what that this guy knows something about defensive lines, he clearly is one step away from being a pedophile, with all of that agent recommending he did. Rex acts like its his coaching staff to do with as he pleases. Can you believe they let him hire his brother? Sure the guy has experience coaching this style of defense, but won't someone think of the nepotism? Cronyism? Rex is clearly not in this to win, he simply wants to get every dollar he can for him and his cronies. Frankly, we as fans should be allowed to vet every coaching candidate for purity and virtue.

:thumbsup:

First of all a huge over reaction to a DL coach. Frankly it won't matter- they won't stink because of him and won't be good because of him. It's not his Oklahoma coaching it's his reputation as a terrible position coach (DL) although he's considered a great recruiter. Corrupt ? Oh god yes but if you don't want to see corrupt people don't look into college football staffs. For the record I don't like the hire but don't really think it's a huge deal. He can stand there on game day and yell come on good player just like anyone else.

Really? His D lines at Carolina were pretty damn good -- but I guess you'll just say that's because he recruited good players.

Anyway, your overall point (without the snark) is probably accurate -- he's not going to make or break the Bills' season.

Obviously we'll never know, but if Marrone and Schwarz had both stuck around, what are the odds the defense would have sustained the same level? IMO not that high as we didn't have many injuries in 2014. As was pointed out by many the D was great at rushing the passer, but other than that average to maybe a little above for the most part. So really doubt we would have had the same level of success as we didn't have a whole bunch of all pro players around on D, but did a great job of rushing the passer to make up for many other things.

Everyone is ripping Rex and blaming him for everything that went wrong in 2015 as people were expecting big things. Granted his boasting helped fuel the fires big time!! But in reality as was pointed out elsewhere awhile back, the odds of the Bills doing well after losing your starting QB and HC were not good regardless of whom the coach had been. The Bills were also in a rather unique situation that you rarely see, how many teams have ever finished 8-8, on an upswing and now are hiring a new coach. Can anyone give me an example of when that's happened? The only time you ever see an 8-8 coach replaced is when they just had three or so prior 12-4 or so seasons and now getting worse. So now the coach get's fired and you bring in a new guy to rebuild. Here we're bringing in a new guy and expecting him to show immediate improvement with a QB who just retired too.

The two things I will blame on Rex was all the boasting and yapping of the mouth, that didn't help things with the fans, but really can't see how it would have made any difference at all in the actual games played.

The second mistake he made was not stating right from the beginning, we're running my D and if anyone isn't happy with that, let me know and we'll replace you. But again that's a tough sell on a supposedly improving team which again goes back to the uniqueness of the overall situation he and the team were in.

They were a very good defense that regressed to average under Rex. Disappointing.

He's getting a 2nd season to get it right. It is what it is. I have no complaints about the hiring of Blake considering what happened to the DLine under the previous coach.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

Has anyone considered that teams Offense had to play us differently after JS left because they would anyways ?

Hence the very quick passing attack from the Patsies .

No way teams were going let the Bills dominate the line of scrimmage again