Not Another Schopp & Bulldog Thread

sir andrew

I know that these guys are right up there with Sully when it comes to "most disliked in the Buffalo area", but did anyone happen to catch the show last week? Schopp was on vacation and Sal C. was sitting in for him. I got to say that it was like a completely different show. Sal was presenting factual points and Bulldog was even backing him up on them. Bulldog does seem like a decent host. He usually presents some valid points when he has someone that knows their stuff along side him. I really think that they could have something special if Sal could be on full time. Oh well. A guy can wish.

I don't usually listen to Schopp but wondering if anyone saw the Jeremy White/Matthew Coller WGR vs Tim Graham twitter feud the other night during the Sabres game...meow

Nope. Please elaborate.

I cannot/do not listen to the show when Schoop is on air. I turned there at 3pm everyday and soon as I hear Schoop voice I turn to 1230 the fan. Once I hear Schoop is out then I can listen to the show with no problem. The key is to have more viewership when Schoop is not on the air if the difference between when Schoop is on as opposed to when he is off then we can get that guy off the air once and for all

Nope. Please elaborate.

it is so stupid I don't think I can do it justice. But it wasn't the first time wgr and BN guys have gone back and forth on there. They apparently can't stand each other. Sal is like Switzerland and Ty Dunne doesn't get involved. Edited by YoloinOhio

It's kind of like Lebatard and Stugatts. Get Lebatard away and Stugatts is also OK to listen too. Stugatts is also like Bulldog in that when together, seems Stugatt's biggest job is to laugh out loud at all of Lebatards dumb remarks and jokes.

And you would be correct in assuming I don't like Lebatard. I was thrilled when he took over the 10 to 1 time slot as I'm at work then so no radio to listen to then and didn't have to listen to him driving home any longer.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

I cannot/do not listen to the show when Schoop is on air. I turned there at 3pm everyday and soon as I hear Schoop voice I turn to 1230 the fan. Once I hear Schoop is out then I can listen to the show with no problem. The key is to have more viewership when Schoop is not on the air if the difference between when Schoop is on as opposed to when he is off then we can get that guy off the air once and for all

1270 actually

I can't listen to Schoop. I live in Charlotte, NC and I use the app to listen to The Howard Simon Show most days. All sports shows can be irritating at times but I find Howard Simon's show the best. I actually don't like Sal and when he's on it's a bit like amateur hour for me. Jeremy and Sal had never heard Manning called "The Sheriff" and the NFL is supposed to be Sal's wheel house. They were acting like everyone was stupid for for all the sudden over the last 3 days calling him that. It made them seem so ridiculous when he's been called that for years starting with Gruden on Monday Night Football.

Sorry for a discombobulated post but Sal aggravates me at times.

Edited by Triple Threat

Someone get Schopp some Prozac. The guy is super depressing. Sal is so much more excited about this stuff and is more fun to listen to. Schopp is Debbie downer all of the time. WGR needs to get a clue, it's so obvious

I can't listen to Schoop. I live in Charlotte, NC and I use the app to listen to The Howard Simon Show most days. All sports shows can be irritating at times but I find Howard Simon's show the best. I actually don't like Sal and when he's on it's a bit like amateur hour for me. Jeremy and Sal had never heard Manning called "The Sheriff" and the NFL is supposed to be Sal's wheel house. They were acting like everyone was stupid for for all the sudden over the last 3 days calling him that. It made them seem so ridiculous when he's been called that for years starting with Gruden on Monday Night Football.

/thread

Edited by fridge

I agree. I don't understand entirely why people here gush for sal. To me he just sounds like a semi-knowledgeable fan who yells into the microphone. He is also a complete bills lackey and they could do no wrong. I thought buscaglia was 100x better in that role. It felt like he was objective, and also lived for homework (sal has a young kid and can't do nearly as much).

I like schopp... unfortunately, his wheelhouse isn't allowed to be discussed on wgr. Sometimes he is rough to listen to doing 15 hours a week on only the bills and sabres. I think nonstop talk on that station about just the 2 teams gets very tiresome

Edited by May Day 10

I like Coach Sal but Buffalo has minor league sports talk. Schoop says he is not really a fan of football and he is the prime time guy.

Agree. These guys are small time. It still amazes me every March that one of the biggest sporting events of the year is about to happen(the NCAA tournament) & they don't mention nothing about it. Bonnie is in line for an at large bid this year & UB made it last year & still they would rather talk about a horrible hockey team that is once again one of the worst teams in the league.

Agree. These guys are small time. It still amazes me every March that one of the biggest sporting events of the year is about to happen(the NCAA tournament) & they don't mention nothing about it. Bonnie is in line for an at large bid this year & UB made it last year & still they would rather talk about a horrible hockey team that is once again one of the worst teams in the league.

The first day Schopp talked about UB making the Dance last year was the day they played WVU and Schopp sounded genuinely surprised UB played in D1.

I agree. I don't understand entirely why people here gush for sal. To me he just sounds like a semi-knowledgeable fan who yells into the microphone. He is also a complete bills lackey and they could do no wrong. I thought buscaglia was 100x better in that role. It felt like he was objective, and also lived for homework (sal has a young kid and can't do nearly as much).

I like schopp... unfortunately, his wheelhouse isn't allowed to be discussed on wgr. Sometimes he is rough to listen to doing 15 hours a week on only the bills and sabres. I think nonstop talk on that station about just the 2 teams gets very tiresome

I think part of the allure with Sal is we like and respect his story. The guy started his own little podcast - developed a following - and made enough of a name for himself to get a real gig. It's impressive for sure and he deserves credit. I wouldn't pretend to know but I don't think he's lazy - it's just that he seems to have hit a wall with developing his skills and getting better.

I think part of the allure with Sal is we like and respect his story. The guy started his own little podcast - developed a following - and made enough of a name for himself to get a real gig. It's impressive for sure and he deserves credit. I wouldn't pretend to know but I don't think he's lazy - it's just that he seems to have hit a wall with developing his skills and getting better.

Sal is the poster boy of dreaming big and reaching your goal. You have to tip your hat to that. Most of the WGR staff got to where they are through inertia.