Not Another Schopp & Bulldog Thread

sir andrew

The first day Schopp talked about UB making the Dance last year was the day they played WVU and Schopp sounded genuinely surprised UB played in D1.

It doesn't surprise me. I remember the one year Drake made it & they actually had a top 20 team & Schopp was reading off the scores for the first day of the tournament & kept joking how a school with a name of Drake is in the tournament. I would be embarrassed if I was him but I guess he is only interested in talking about Rob Ray's dental hygene habits when the Sabres aren't playing in March. What a joke.

It's always the crash of metal when I listen. Sal, for all the admiration I have for him and his tenacity, is sooooooo boring. Bulldog is amazing. It amazes me that someone can be on the air for 20 years and not get any better. If the station burned down one night with everyone in it my only question in the morning would be ........What's for breakfast?

Edited by gomper

I think the larger problem is the management/program managing.

The topics and format is so tired. I believe something like 200 days in the past 4 years the entire show has been dedicated to the Bills QB situation.

Every show: Bulldog takes the side most in line with the fans, Schopp take the other side/unpopular opinion, take callers (the same rotation of callers I dont care to hear from).

Please, cover other stuff... and circle back to the Buffalo teams. I would be interested in hearing about other local sports.... even non-local. Discuss MLB (other than any "hot" topic that is top news that day). Discuss NBA (im not even a fan). It would be so refreshing. Beating the Sabres and Bills to dust makes for terrible programming.

IMO this was one of the things that made Empire Sports and WNSA so great. It would cover a much wider variety of things, and you would look forward to them hitting the Bills and Sabres. Now it is like eating nothing but one flavor ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for 10 straight years.

Edited by May Day 10

I think the larger problem is the management/program managing.

The topics and format is so tired. I believe something like 200 days in the past 4 years the entire show has been dedicated to the Bills QB situation.

Every show: Bulldog takes the side most in line with the fans, Schopp take the other side/unpopular opinion, take callers (the same rotation of callers I dont care to hear from).

Please, cover other stuff... and circle back to the Buffalo teams. I would be interested in hearing about other local sports.... even non-local. Discuss MLB (other than any "hot" topic that is top news that day). Discuss NBA (im not even a fan). It would be so refreshing. Beating the Sabres and Bills to dust makes for terrible programming.

IMO this was one of the things that made Empire Sports and WNSA so great. It would cover a much wider variety of things, and you would look forward to them hitting the Bills and Sabres. Now it is like eating nothing but one flavor ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for 10 straight years.

I hear what you're saying but the NFL is what people want to hear about. If they start talking about Canisius basketball listening would drop.

it is so stupid I don't think I can do it justice. But it wasn't the first time wgr and BN guys have gone back and forth on there. They apparently can't stand each other. Sal is like Switzerland and Ty Dunne doesn't get involved.

What was it about?