RT Jordan Mills

I was surprised to see them tender him (is it 1.7m?). Previously I figured the plan would be to find a starting RT from the outside and use Henderson as the swing tackle.

That would mean paying the 4th tackle 1.7m- doesn't seem likely. Do we see him as competition for Henderson as the starter? Do we see him as competition for Henderson as the first OT off the bench?

How did he look to you last year?

6'5 316 pounds, 25 years old, 4th year man out of LA Tech, 5th round pick of the Bears where he played under Kromer.

Edited by Aaron

yeah I see Mills as decent insurance for a back up tackle. The x factor is can Henderson get on a medical regimen to play in the NFL. You can live a decent life once managed with Crohn's, but don't know if you can handle the rigors of the NFL with this condition. For his sake, i hope so.

I think Jordan Mills, who has history with OL coach, will be used to help draftees get with Kromer's program; he like Rex and Roman expect a lot out of players with a lot of book work and film study.

Mills needs to work on his pass blocking which was what got him cut; finding a position for former pro bowl Kyle Long was also part of it.

Someone please rent OL coach beach house on Lake Erie for summer please!

• 3 weeks later...

He stinks. But the sad part is Kujo is so bad that he can't get on the field with Mills and Henderson ahead of him. And the Bills had a 1st round grade on Kujo. And those personnel guys are still here. Does not give me any confidence that they will find a replacement in the draft so whatever

He stinks. But the sad part is Kujo is so bad that he can't get on the field with Mills and Henderson ahead of him. And the Bills had a 1st round grade on Kujo. And those personnel guys are still here. Does not give me any confidence that they will find a replacement in the draft so whatever

Not everybody is gonna be a all pro on the team

Not everybody is gonna be a all pro on the team

Very true. But you'd like your guys to be serviceable. An upgrade is sorely needed.

Man, you've really turned sour lately, huh?

Man, you've really turned sour lately, huh?

No reason to be optimistic unfortunately. Same team as last year minus our best LB and our overall most physically talented player in Mario. And we have a tougher schedule this year. So forgive me if I'm not excited that their fix for RT is to re-sign Mills. He very well could be the starter with Henderson's illness. You would have thought they would have tried to upgrade that position. And no I don't expect any miracles from the draft. There's too many holes on defense to fix thanks to Rex so I would expect that to be their focus. Very frustrating to see this team be so close and then have to go into rebuild mode on defense when the defense was already one of the best in the league. We took 2 steps back and this season we will be lucky to take 1 forward

I don't know about stinks, but he's not great. Kujo on the other hand...yes, he stinks.

Mills was generally solid in pass protect except for one bad game towards the end of the year ( can't remember which game it was exactly but I clearly remember him doing well for the most part except for one glaring bad day). In general he was more consistent than Henderson at pass protect.

Can't speak for how well he did blocking the run game as I didn't really break down any NFL Rewind tape of any of our O Linemen doing run blocking.

That being said.. I think we can do much better than Mills ( career journeyman), Henderson ( below avg pass protector with health issues) and Kouandjio ( no idea what happened to him .. he either flamed out or maybe his knee really is that messed up?)

There appears to be a clear top tier of OTs in this draft (Tunsil, Stanley, Conklin, Decker) and if any of them are available at #19 the Bills should really think hard about taking one of them to solidfy the RT position.

We also need to consider that signing Glenn to a long term deal is not a sure thing.. so if we can get someone who can play either LT or RT as insurance for Cordy leaving in 2017 would be wise.

Edited by Bocephuz

Lots of people had him graded high. People miss

They nailed Glenn in the second. Much of the same scouts

Mills was generally solid in pass protect except for one bad game towards the end of the year ( can't remember which game it was exactly but I clearly remember him doing well for the most part except for one glaring bad day). In general he was more consistent than Henderson at pass protect.

Can't speak for how well he did blocking the run game as I didn't really break down any NFL Rewind tape of any of our O Linemen doing run blocking.

That being said.. I think we can do much better than Mills ( career journeyman), Henderson ( below avg pass protector with health issues) and Kouandjio ( no idea what happened to him .. he either flamed out or maybe his knee really is that messed up?)

There appears to be a clear top tier of OTs in this draft (Tunsil, Stanley, Conklin, Decker) and if any of them are available at #19 the Bills should really think hard about taking one of them to solidfy the RT position.

We also need to consider that signing Glenn to a long term deal is not a sure thing.. so if we can get someone who can play either LT or RT as insurance for Cordy leaving in 2017 would be wise.

Seems to me that the chances of signing Glenn to a long-term extension are very good with him signing his franchise tender so quickly.

Very true. But you'd like your guys to be serviceable. An upgrade is sorely needed.

Mills was serviceable last year. That's the point. You aren't going to find five guys on Glenn and Incognito's level across your line. They have a good offensive line as it stands. I wouldn't be shocked if they drafted a tackle in the first three rounds but I also wouldn't be shocked if they thought they could get by with Henderson/Mills and have far more pressing needs elsewhere.

Lots of people had him graded high. People miss

They nailed Glenn in the second. Much of the same scouts

Your name coincides perfectly with this post. Agreed. As I have stated time and time again, I do no fault the Bills when they make a pick that is reasonable at the time and doesn't work out. Kujo being a perfect example. He went right about where he was supposed to. Mike Williams is the best example. No one argued with that pick at the time. So were Brian Bosworth, Tony Mandarich and Ryan Leaf at #2. Donte Whitner was not a good pick. Neither was Torell Troup or TJ Graham.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I think people should really expect Mills to be the starter opening day

What I am hoping for is a later round pick that was BPA actually come in and just take it.....a guy like Haeg

If Hendy cannot stay in condition? Than yes.

I think the Bills will go heavy with 3rd OT using him as 6th lineman and rotating the OT so much it appears he is part of the OL. The Bills did that with a swing tackle a number of years ago and the tackle was not healthy enough to take the load full time but when he was out you could see he was missed.

I think the Bills will go heavy with 3rd OT using him as 6th lineman and rotating the OT so much it appears he is part of the OL. The Bills did that with a swing tackle a number of years ago and the tackle was not healthy enough to take the load full time but when he was out you could see he was missed.

CK was used as the sixth later in the year and they motioned him quite a bit too. Roman has a plan

Edited by 3rdand12