Dwayne Allen gets 4 Years, 29.4 Mil

Virgil

They do. Paying Dwayne Allen isn't the reason why though,. Now all they need to do is utilize him which is a another story.

You're right, it isn't the sole reason. They make some of the worst decisions a front office can make. If they hadn't scored Luck in the draft they'd be a perennial 3-5 win team. Other than Luck and Hilton they can't draft worth a damn, the Hughes for Sheppard trade, the Trent Richardson debacle, this list goes on. If I were Andrew Luck I'd run for the hills the second I have the chance.

You're right, it isn't the sole reason. They make some of the worst decisions a front office can make. If they hadn't scored Luck in the draft they'd be a perennial 3-5 win team. Other than Luck and Hilton they can't draft worth a damn, the Hughes for Sheppard trade, the Trent Richardson debacle, this list goes on. If I were Andrew Luck I'd run for the hills the second I have the chance.

Grigson always goes for the big splash instead of doing what makes sense. That cost him the playoffs and his QB a whole lot of pain. If they don't fix the play calling and oline Luck is going to regress. I think they finally came to grips with that though, we will see soon enough.

The trade for Vontae was great, taking advantage of another awful front office in Miami, but was an outlier.

Grigson once again shows why he's the worst GM in football.

The Castonzo contract was bad enough--$10M/year for a guy that gets beat like a drum routinely--now this? Paying a guy that has had 46 catches total over the last 3 years $7.5M/year?

For context, Charles Clay had 51 catches in 13 games last year...Allen has played 13 games in each of the last two years, in a pass-happy offense, and totaled 45 catches.

Grigson

@rapsheet

The #Colts have waived former first-round pick LB Bjoern Werner. Expected but still, damn.

Can #grigsoning be the new term for drafting horribly, signing your own sub-par guys to market-busting deals, and over-paying marginal free agents that you have to release within 2 years?

Can #grigsoning be the new term for drafting horribly, signing your own sub-par guys to market-busting deals, and over-paying marginal free agents that you have to release within 2 years?

YES. Browns-level bad drafting. Best headline:

@profootballtalk

Take two: Colts cut failed first-rounder Bjoern Werner (with the Colts, you have to specify)

Edited by YoloinOhio