Jahri Evans to visit the Bills

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im guessing Evans has no impact on Incognito signing or not. Doubt the Bills view them as one or the other. They want both.

I'm guessing they don't want to pay Incognito what he's asking for and think they can get Evans much cheaper...it's definitely one or the other...

Good personnel "posturing" tactics if you ask me. Ritchie wants to be paid more than we're offering. Perhaps some team will pay 6-7 million/year for a 33 year old guard, but I highly doubt it.

Leave one last offer on the table, and tell RI "good luck...we want you at this price, but we're going to have to start kicking the tires." Being proactive is better than ending up with a Chris Williams at LG.

I'm going to sound hypocritical as i've been touting we have no money, but at 3.5 mil, maybe we could afford Evans. If so he is a two year fix with Miller learning from these studs. There's always someone hurt on an offensive line so it is not like Miller won't play.

A cowboys type line means even better running in year 2, and TT is even more of a threat. See, i said i would not get excited about free agency due to the cap, but if this could work to have both, it would be awesome. If only one, I'd still rather have RI. They year off must have helped RI really be 100% healthy.

Miller was injured but playing his stats were poor. Maybe the RT to blame.

He was a LG in college so he should do better there.

Evans at RG, maybe, listen to Kromer

Louisville actually flipped their guards quite a bit, so Miller played both guard spots in college.

It's possible that he feels more comfortable on the left or right side, but he does have experience at both.

That would be awesome. And my first thought, too.

As a Bills fan though, I'm betting we end up with neither. And then bring Tutan Reyes out of retirement.

very Billsian. and too close to reality

So John Miller to the bench? As high as they seem to be on him, this doesn't sound plausible.

why not get him another season apprenticing? and who is the swing guard right now?

Good personnel "posturing" tactics if you ask me. Ritchie wants to be paid more than we're offering. Perhaps some team will pay 6-7 million/year for a 33 year old guard, but I highly doubt it.

Leave one last offer on the table, and tell RI "good luck...we want you at this price, but we're going to have to start kicking the tires." Being proactive is better than ending up with a Chris Williams at LG.

it aint over yet. we could bring him back next to Jordan Mills, and when he goes down we put in Cyril.

oh it could get much much worse

very Billsian. and too close to reality

why not get him another season apprenticing? and who is the swing guard right now?

it aint over yet. we could bring him back next to Jordan Mills, and when he goes down we put in Cyril.

oh it could get much much worse

In a perfect world, Evans and Cog are starters and Miller is the new swing. He's actually cheaper than Urbik of I'm not mistaken. The others would be much more costly, however.

Agreed... B-)

side by side, who would you want playing next season at RG. Evans or Miller.

and lets not be egocentric Doug.

because the logical answer to better the team is Evans.

Let Miller continue his development

I'm going to sound hypocritical as i've been touting we have no money, but at 3.5 mil, maybe we could afford Evans. If so he is a two year fix with Miller learning from these studs. There's always someone hurt on an offensive line so it is not like Miller won't play.

A cowboys type line means even better running in year 2, and TT is even more of a threat. See, i said i would not get excited about free agency due to the cap, but if this could work to have both, it would be awesome. If only one, I'd still rather have RI. They year off must have helped RI really be 100% healthy.

good post!

In a perfect world, Evans and Cog are starters and Miller is the new swing. He's actually cheaper than Urbik of I'm not mistaken. The others would be much more costly, however.

agreed. i am a dreamer and this is my wish.

Evans is a 6 time Pro Bowler who was let go for refusing to come down from his $3+ Million a year deal. He's not going to come cheap. And we know Richie's contract's going to be bigger.

I really think the idea of Jahri AND Richie is a pipe dream. It's one or the other.

reality sucks

so we have about 10.6 mil in space. signing both these guys give us no space at all. i'm curious if this means kw is gone so we can open up more space? i wonder if they try to do glenn's deal in a way that lowers the hit this year and it goes high next year like suhs?

Evans is a 6 time Pro Bowler who was let go for refusing to come down from his $3+ Million a year deal. He's not going to come cheap. And we know Richie's contract's going to be bigger.

I really think the idea of Jahri AND Richie is a pipe dream. It's one or the other.

His salary really wasn't that much. The problem was that the Saints gave him a big signing bonus, and his Pro rated hit waa double his salary.

So John Miller to the bench? As high as they seem to be on him, this doesn't sound plausible.

Gives Miller a year or two to grow into the role, and gives us a really solid depth guard, which we need now that we no longer have Urbik.

so we have about 10.6 mil in space. signing both these guys give us no space at all. i'm curious if this means kw is gone so we can open up more space? i wonder if they try to do glenn's deal in a way that lowers the hit this year and it goes high next year like suhs?

There is speculation that they are working out long term deals for both Glenn and Gilmore to give cap relief.

I dont see us getting both guards. but it is a nice idea. Oline is pretty important for what we want to do

I get the impression this is where they are.

GO BILLS!!!