Jahri Evans to visit the Bills

We are going to play 1950s football.

Either we are the dumbest team in the league or secret geniuses.

Yeah . . . super secret . . .

No - but Osemele's deal will raise everyone else's at Guard. If Osemele is worth 11 Mil a year, Richie's worth a whole helluva lot more than the initial 4 million estimation.

Is that always true though? I don't think the Suh and Dareus deals raised the price on DTs

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that always true though? I don't think the Suh and Dareus deals raised the price on DTs

Trust me - I'd LOVE to be wrong. If we could land Richie Incognito AND Jahri Evans with our current restraints, I'd be dancing in the streets!

Going into today, a good offer was thought to be in the 4.5 range or so. Osemele just signed for 11.7 a year. Richie is much older, yes. But he played at a Pro Bowl level last year.

All agents base their deals on the latest handed out by position. Even asking for half of Osemele's deal is close to 6 million a year.

EDIT: So he signed for $5 mil a year. He must not have had as big of a market as I feared/he hoped.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

@pschrags

With signing of Richie Incognito, I can report that veteran UFA guard Jahri Evans will not be signing with Bills. Can't pay both. @NFLonFOX

well, we can. We truly can and it would not be difficult whatsoever

Restructure Kyle.

I don't see the point. Sure, you save $3M this year, but you add $3M in dead cap money next year, when they're very likely to part ways with him. In fact, you guarantee that they have to part ways with him next year since his cap hit will balloon to $11.3M by restructuring him this year.

I don't see the point. Sure, you save $3M this year, but you add $3M in dead cap money next year, when they're very likely to part ways with him. In fact, you guarantee that they have to part ways with him next year since his cap hit will balloon to $11.3M by restructuring him this year.

Don't bother me with logic, bandit, it interferes with my euphoria.

:P

Just kidding, brother. Thank you, as I did not know about the above.

Seems to me that they would have done this already if they were inclined to do so and Rex has talked as if he's in the plans for 2016.

i'm not saying release him just saying the only way to restructure him would be to release him. we need him next year

well, we can. We truly can and it would not be difficult whatsoever

People were also saying there was no way the Bills could sign both Incognito & Glenn...yet here we are. And they did it with the franchise tag which is more expensive.

People were also saying there was no way the Bills could sign both Incognito & Glenn...yet here we are. And they did it with the franchise tag which is more expensive.

Most people were not saying this. The emphasis all along has been to re-sign their own guys. Evans was the fall back plan in case they couldn't retain Incognito.

Would be nice if they brought back Urbik on a cheaper deal.

Not confident in Miller at RG.

I'm pretty sure they restructured Urbik last year and paid him the vet minimum, or close to it. He was cut because they don't want him, plain and simple.