Jahri Evans to visit the Bills

so we have about 10.6 mil in space. signing both these guys give us no space at all. i'm curious if this means kw is gone so we can open up more space? i wonder if they try to do glenn's deal in a way that lowers the hit this year and it goes high next year like suhs?

I don't think they're looking to sign both.....make the offers...first one to sign......

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like RI is intent on testing the market. Rumor is that he feels he is worth top dollar over four years. At 33, I wonder how realistic that is.

GO BILLS!!!

No way anyone gives him a 4 year deal UNLESS it is something voidable after three and allows them to spread money over 4 years.

RI deserves to get what he can. I am sure his agent has an offer in his pocket already that trumps what the Bills are offering, otherwise he does not hit FA.

Id rather get Evans and incognito than most any other situiaton. We would be stacked at line. Trade bait some time?

If wood gets hurt than miller to OC? If either OG than we have another. Let's get both. Let's work it that way. Its entirely doable

Id rather get Evans and incognito than most any other situiaton. We would be stacked at line. Trade bait some time?

If wood gets hurt than miller to OC? If either OG than we have another. Let's get both. Let's work it that way. Its entirely doable

Miller is not an option at center. As far as I know he's never snapped, and he doesn't have the lateral quickness to work out of the pit the way that a center needs to...I do think, however, that he can improve his footwork and pad level and be a much better player at guard in year two, and I know he can play on both sides after seeing him flip-flop in-game at Louisville.

Cap considerations say no.

disagree. there is more room for adjustments. Extend Gilmore and get a contract done with Glenn. Dump or restructure Carpenter. there surely are more ways to get the O line sorted.

Timing now comes into play though

this would be Whaleys first success with the O line. and it would be killer. we would have decent depth for once too

Miller is not an option at center. As far as I know he's never snapped, and he doesn't have the lateral quickness to work out of the pit the way that a center needs to...I do think, however, that he can improve his footwork and pad level and be a much better player at guard in year two, and I know he can play on both sides after seeing him flip-flop in-game at Louisville.

who is a Bu center?

and on another note why not talk to Wood about helping out here? a million here and there add up!

we should try to sign both Evans and Incognito and let Miller develop from the bench. Bring defense and more defense via draft.

yes please. this is the my favorite idea so far.

most excellent Fixxxer :thumbsup:

i agree they are putting pressure on incognito to sign and also getting a head start on a contingency plan if he leaves.

How does this pressure incognito too sign? After Apprently he was lowballed, he owes the Bills nothing. And like Levitre someone will step up and overpay him? he has said the right things in the media. it's up to the Bills. Incognito will have all the leverage very soon.

it's more of a contigency plan as you said or they flat out gave up. Whaley can't build a line to save his life. IMO Ryan brought in Incognito last year.

disagree. there is more room for adjustments. Extend Gilmore and get a contract done with Glenn. Dump or restructure Carpenter. there surely are more ways to get the O line sorted.

Timing now comes into play though

this would be Whaleys first success with the O line. and it would be killer. we would have decent depth for once too

who is a Bu center?

and on another note why not talk to Wood about helping out here? a million here and there add up!

yes please. this is the my favorite idea so far.

most excellent Fixxxer :thumbsup:

hadn't thought much about asking wood ton restructure but doubt he'd wanna

To have Evans and Incognito on either side of him? That could be an incentive, and he seems to genuinely love the Bills, Buffalo, and Buffalo fans. But you may be right, too. I would have thought Incognito would be leaning towards returning.

How does this pressure incognito too sign? After Apprently he was lowballed, he owes the Bills nothing. And like Levitre someone will step up and overpay him? he has said the right things in the media. it's up to the Bills. Incognito will have all the leverage very soon.

it's more of a contigency plan as you said or they flat out gave up. Whaley can't build a line to save his life. IMO Ryan brought in Incognito last year.

I was very disappointed reading the article and Richie said they lowballed him. Never came back to the table with his agent either.

Then the blurb came out Bills were disappointed in him not offering a hometown discount. dick move by the Bills . not pleased about this at all

It depends. People talk as though a player should be willing to "give back" salary. Wood played well last year. He's currently the 9th highest paid center. Why should he give back?

On the other hand, a restructure typically involves extending a contract and converting some of this year's salary to signing bonus to save cap space. Wood is 29. His contract runs 2 more years with no guaranteed $$. The Bills don't seem to have alternatives lined up at center. Unless they plan on drafting his replacement this year, it wouldn't be the worst notion to extend Wood, in which case, why wouldn't he want to restructure? He could convert some of his salary to signing bonus, bring home more cash this year, and perhaps gain some guaranteed $$ for next season.

It all depends on if the Bills feel comfortable they will get the 2015 Wood or the 2014 Wood. Which would (ha) probably depend some on who is playing next to him.