Bleacher Report Says Tyrod is not a top 25 NFL QB

pbanach

I like Miller but think that this list is pretty absurd. He has Brock Osweiler ahead of Kirk Cousins!! Cousins threw for 4166 yards, 29 TDs, 11 INTs, and had a 101.6 rating. He took a garbage team to the playoffs. Osweiler threw for 1,967 yards, 10 TDs, 6 INTs and a 86.4 rating in 7 starts. Both guys are FAs. If you told all 32 teams you can have either guy for 5 years and $100M who would they pick? I would bet that it would be 32-0 in favor of Cousins.

I like Miller but think that this list is pretty absurd. He has Brock Osweiler ahead of Kirk Cousins!! Cousins threw for 4166 yards, 29 TDs, 11 INTs, and had a 101.6 rating. He took a garbage team to the playoffs. Osweiler threw for 1,967 yards, 10 TDs, 6 INTs and a 86.4 rating in 7 starts. Both guys are FAs. If you told all 32 teams you can have either guy for 5 years and $100M who would they pick? I would bet that it would be 32-0 in favor of Cousins.

I'm not a fan of the list but Cousins and Osweiler might be closer than you think. I think this was by far the best Cousins can be and it really happened in about half of a season. He's been average at best before the TB game. He has a lot to prove(as does BO) but I could see some GMs liking BO's upside more than Cousins.

And honestly, it's hard to rank Taylor at this point. Good stats but our gameplan was to avoid him winning or losing us games. This year will be huge.

The view on qbs can quickly change. Based on his limited playing time before the season began many people were declaring Cousins a bust. His arm strength and durability were both questioned. But after given more playing time and with the added experience he demonstrated that he can be a good starter in this league.

Will Osweiler become a legitimate starter? It's hard to say. The Broncos have to make a judgment on Osweiler and so do other teams if Osweiler decides to test the market. There are occasions when Osweiler makes some impressive throws and there are times when he seems befuddled.

I am an advocate for Tyrod Taylor. But I can't confidently say that he will become a good starter in this league. He showed me that he had abilities but he also showed that he is far from being a developed qb. I strongly believe that after this season we should be able to make a reasonably good judgment on him. Sometimes the light doesn't come on until very late in a career. Rich Gannon is a good example of being a late bloomer. He was a pedestrian backup for a number of teams before he ended up with the Raiders and played at a very efficient level. Garcia is another qb who falls in the category of having a long lag time before a team can get a return on a player. Last year before he got hurt Dalton was one of the better qbs in the league. Most people considered him to be an average to a less than average starter qb. In the games I saw him last year I found him to be quite impressive.

Sometimes (more rarely) the opposite dynamic occurs. RGIII was a rookie sensation. But due to injuries and a lack of developing his all around game he fell by the wayside. I would love to see him go to another team and become what he is capable of becoming. Much is made of his running ability but he is also a dynamic passer. His problem is staying healthy and being able to read defenses, a task that he has so far been dismal at.

A lot of people have written Bradford off. There were a few occasions last year with the Eagles when he was in a groove that he was impressive. But the average spells far outnumbered his good spells. Maybe if he can stay healthy the switch will turn on.

My point is that qbs that you think are on the brink of ascending end up descending. And sometimes the qbs that you think should be written off turn out to be very good or at least credible qbs in this league.

PFF had Tyrod at #10 based on his performance last year. Everyone has an opinion. Some people back up their opinions with their favorite statistics and complicated algorithms. But no one really knows how well TT will play in 2016.

Will he grow with the experience? Will he suffer a sophomore slump? Will a full preseason as the established starter allow Roman to build a passing attack better suited to his skill set? Stay tuned.

I'm not a fan of the list but Cousins and Osweiler might be closer than you think. I think this was by far the best Cousins can be and it really happened in about half of a season. He's been average at best before the TB game. He has a lot to prove(as does BO) but I could see some GMs liking BO's upside more than Cousins.

And honestly, it's hard to rank Taylor at this point. Good stats but our gameplan was to avoid him winning or losing us games. This year will be huge.

I pretty much agree with you but if you told the Broncos they could have Cousins or aide ruler I am guessing they'd pick Cousins. He's just more established. Edited by Kirby Jackson