NFL.com: Fred Jackson wants to keep playing

YoloinOhio

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why he wants to keep going. He may get a nod after a RB or two go down before or in the season and can contribute. The league minimum is high enough it would be some decent money for him, but he is entering his sunset.

God bless him for what he dod for so many bad Bills teams. We love you Fredex!

maybe.......money?

He looked slower to me last year as he played late in the year somewhat when Lynch and the rookie were hurt. It's time to give it up Freddy. I loved you in Buffalo, but the only way i see him playing is a team get decimated with injuries by say week 8 or 9, and he finishes a season for a team as he picked up off the street.

He looked slower to me last year as he played late in the year somewhat when Lynch and the rookie were hurt. It's time to give it up Freddy. I loved you in Buffalo, but the only way i see him playing is a team get decimated with injuries by say week 8 or 9, and he finishes a season for a team as he picked up off the street.

As I have said many times he really slowed down 2 seasons ago. Last year in Seattle he really looked like an aged RB. Hang em up Fred and start a new career your a smart fella!

Does M&T Bank still need a spokesperson?

im no expert on corporate advertising, but as a consumer I feel like if he retired, they could re-launch that ad campaign using him. I feel like the only way it doesn't work is if he's on another team. Most Bills fans love him. Of course he'd have to agree to them using his likeness in a bills uni, but he'd be getting paid. I have to think he'd want to retire as a Bill unless he really has deep resentment for how it all went down.

Dixon is here for ST, and nothing else in case of emergencies. Just like Easley. If Fred could handle playing well at ST, I'm fine with swapping the two. I seriously doubt a 35 yr old RB can play ST. It's too wearing on an older guy's body.

Besides the Vet Minimum is high for a 9 year player. Most likely more than Dixon's contract.

Dixon is here for ST, and nothing else in case of emergencies. Just like Easley. If Fred could handle playing well at ST, I'm fine with swapping the two. I seriously doubt a 35 yr old RB can play ST. It's too wearing on an older guy's body.

Besides the Vet Minimum is high for a 9 year player. Most likely more than Dixon's contract.

It's actually $400k less than Boobie's deal if we signed Fred to a vet minimum. Edited by FireChan

The NFL game for a Running Back is speed explosiveness and shiftiness. At this point Fred has none of that. He was a great player and leader in his heyday. That day is long gone. Can we give it a rest and move forward? There are so many good young RB's available every year. And we are doing a great job to finding them. How about giving it up for Mike Gillislee?

The most important thing we lost last year when Freddie was cut, was leadership. The team had NO leaders among the players. Shockingly, there were NO players-only meetings. To my mind, that was the biggest problem, even more than Wrecks destroying the defense. It wouldn't have been destroyed if some leaders among the players had straightened everyone out. But NO ONE stepped up.

I considered suggesting bringing Jackson back just for his leadership abilities. The problem is, leadership in the locker room requires performance on the field. By next year, even more of the Bills will have never played with Jackson, and have no idea what kind of player he was. He would be a seldom-used backup, trying to tell younger, more-effective players how to conduct themselves. They would blow him off, and everyone involved would be miserable.

Come back to Buffalo, Freddie. Settle in down the street from Thurman Thomas, and you and he can play catch with your kids in the street. I'd pay money to see that.

Edited by Utah John

The most important thing we lost last year when Freddie was cut, was leadership. The team had NO leaders among the players. Shockingly, there were NO players-only meetings. To my mind, that was the biggest problem, even more than Wrecks destroying the defense. It wouldn't have been destroyed if some leaders among the players had straightened everyone out. But NO ONE stepped up.

I considered suggesting bringing Jackson back just for his leadership abilities. The problem is, leadership in the locker room requires performance on the field. By next year, even more of the Bills will have never played with Jackson, and have no idea what kind of player he was. He would be a seldom-used backup, trying to tell younger, more-effective players how to conduct themselves. They would blow him off, and everyone involved would be miserable.

Come back to Buffalo, Freddie. Settle in down the street from Thurman Thomas, and you and he can play catch with your kids in the street. I'd pay money to see that.

​Awsome.