NFL.com: Fred Jackson wants to keep playing

YoloinOhio

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm suggesting that losing a vocal leader in such a tumultuous time didn't help. Did we have a single players meeting all year? Wasn't half the team complaining that no one was taking charge, holding players accountable, and standing up/speaking out?

If you want to say you're sure he would've made no difference, fine. But I'm not that sure. I haven't seen a Bill locker room that dysfunctional in a long time. Sniping at each other anonymously? Sniping at their coach in the press willy-nilly? When was the last time that **** flew in a Bills locker room?

Fair enough. Certainly losing vocal leaders is never helpful, but I doubt Freddy was gonna do much about it. Especially with D side players with attitudes. Can't remember the last time there was such an open player revolt, either. But MW was the catalyst for the dissension and NOBODY holds sway over MW. Nobody.

GO BILLS!!!

Fair enough. Certainly losing vocal leaders is never helpful, but I doubt Freddy was gonna do much about it. Especially with D side players with attitudes. Can't remember the last time there was such an open player revolt, either. But MW was the catalyst for the dissension and NOBODY holds sway over MW. Nobody.

GO BILLS!!!

Mario may have been the catalyst for the open revolt, but he wasn't the only one grumbling even at the onset of the season. That gets nipped in the bud early, and maybe it never gets that bad.

GO BILLS!!!

ha ha !

Maybe Fred would have taken him aside. raced rc cars and trucks with him and talked him off the ledge. Or at least beat him .

I think Fred really was missed in that regard. guy who left it all on the field and led by example :thumbsup:

Edited by 3rdand12

Mario may have been the catalyst for the open revolt, but he wasn't the only one grumbling even at the onset of the season. That gets nipped in the bud early, and maybe it never gets that bad.

But that's just it, there is no nipping Mario in the bud. He started sulking during OTAs and carried that over to camp and preseason, long before Freddy was let go. When a guy like Mario Williams is your highest paid and best defensive player and starts to sulk early and often, there is nothing anybody can do. If it makes some feel better to believe Freddy could have turned Mario's attitude around, so be it. That was an impossible task.

And I would submit the worst reason to keep Freddy is to babysit star players. His time was done here.

GO BILLS!!!

But that's just it, there is no nipping Mario in the bud. He started sulking during OTAs and carried that over to camp and preseason, long before Freddy was let go. When a guy like Mario Williams is your highest paid and best defensive player and starts to sulk early and often, there is nothing anybody can do. If it makes some feel better to believe Freddy could have turned Mario's attitude around, so be it. That was an impossible task.

And I would submit the worst reason to keep Freddy is to babysit star players. His time was done here.

GO BILLS!!!

no argument about keeping him to baby sit.

and agreed in retrospect his time is done in Buffalo.

I am hopeful he some day gets the one day hire to retire as Bill. But i do not think that is in the cards. just fanspeak from me