Obama's Post Presidency

/dev/null

obama_jesus-340x190.jpg

TAKE A BOW! Ben Rhodes manages to make Obama sound EVEN MORE insufferably arrogant

Let’s face it: It’s not really fair to expect Ben Rhodes to be able to handle Hillary Clinton losing to Donald Trump when his own boss was apparently this neck-deep in denial:

from the New York Times:

“What if we were wrong?” he asked aides riding with him in the armored presidential limousine.

He had read a column asserting that liberals had forgotten how important identity was to people and had promoted an empty cosmopolitan globalism that made many feel left behind. “Maybe we pushed too far,” Mr. Obama said. “Maybe people just want to fall back into their tribe.”

His aides reassured him that he still would have won had he been able to run for another term and that the next generation had more in common with him than with Mr. Trump. Mr. Obama, the first black man elected president, did not seem convinced. “Sometimes I wonder whether I was 10 or 20 years too early,” he said.

In the weeks after Mr. Trump’s election, Mr. Obama went through multiple emotional stages, according to a new book by his longtime adviser Benjamin J. Rhodes. At times, the departing president took the long view, at other points, he flashed anger. He called Mr. Trump a “cartoon” figure who cared more about his crowd sizes than any particular policy. And he expressed rare self-doubt, wondering whether he had misjudged his own influence on American history.

Is that supposed to make Obama more sympathetic?

:lol:

America let him down again, you guys...

"I'm just ahead of my time" is the most Obama excuse ever.

For D.R.............................I hope that I can post them correctly

Ben Rhodes rambling

With Hillary's theme, "Fight Song"

https://twitter.com/TimRunsHisMouth/status/1001912432049221635

With the Titanic Theme

https://twitter.com/Bmac0507/status/1001964381255667712

With the Sad Hulk Theme

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1001976499417894913

But wait — there’s still more:

Ben Rhodes Remix --- recommended 

9 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This will NEVER get old. The fear is palpable - and he should be scared. 

That's from that God-awful HBO documentary that I'd mentioned earlier, somewhere.  

And I don't think he's afraid.  I think he's genuinely in a state of shock, unable to understand why the hoi polloi won't do what the elite leadership-class like him tell them to.

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That's from that God-awful HBO documentary that I'd mentioned earlier, somewhere.  

And I don't think he's afraid.  I think he's genuinely in a state of shock, unable to understand why the hoi polloi won't do what the elite leadership-class like him tell them to.

I agree sir, please check the "privilege" from another Rhodes excerpt..........

Have a tissue ready before reading Ben Rhodes’ account of Obama’s final farewell to Angela Merkel

ObamaTears.jpg

The New York Times published a long piece Wednesday hyping “The World as It Is,” the upcoming memoir by longtime Barack Obama adviser Ben Rhodes.

As Twitchy reported, Rhodes has managed to make Obama sound even more arrogant than some suspected, with him contemplating things like, “Sometimes I wonder whether I was 10 or 20 years too early” and “Maybe we pushed too far.” Americans weren’t ready for the progressive future he envisioned, it seems, and just wanted to “fall back into their tribes.”

There’s another part of the story making the rounds on social media, and this one is Rhodes’ account of Obama’s final farewell to Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany, who felt obliged to run again after Donald Trump’s election to help maintain “the liberal national order.”

View image on Twitter

Your daily reminder that Ben Rhodes is a fiction writer.... and a bad one.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, DC Tom said:

And I don't think he's afraid.  I think he's genuinely in a state of shock

Agree completely. In truth, that's a genuinely human moment. There is this absolute sense of bewilderment. Like Mr. Bellows after Barbara Eden makes something  disappear when he turns his back for a second.

image.jpeg.afe2583ff16165a42d77f327d88a4b47.jpeg

Unfortunately, human moments are wasted on people like Ben Rhodes. If he were a genuinely gracious person, instead of the spiteful, sniveling, childish, thin-skinned left-wing nutbag that he plays in social media, it would be an iconic moment. Instead, he's gone SO full-goose-bozo on anyone who says the word "Trump" that the only thing people want to do when they watch that video is mock him.

15 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Agree completely. In truth, that's a genuinely human moment. There is this absolute sense of bewilderment. Like Mr. Bellows after Barbara Eden makes something  disappear when he turns his back for a second.

image.jpeg.afe2583ff16165a42d77f327d88a4b47.jpeg

Hey !

That's Doctor Bellows or Colonel Bellows if you please...............................

A+ for the reference though...........:lol:

Just now, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

It's amazing, isn't it? 

The desperation to protect a legacy built on sand... in a few years it'll all be gone and people like Rhodes will have a tough time walking down the street.

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Considering trump is a verified time traveler, I wonder what his take is on how Americans judge 44 in 2040...

If that's true, can he do us a favor next time he's back in 2001 and talk Ralph out of hiring Donahoe

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, row_33 said:

any other pictures from 2014 to blame on the Trump Admin today?

2014? No. But look at what Trump is doing to these Japanese-Americans!

internment-image.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's amazing, isn't it? 

The desperation to protect a legacy built on sand... in a few years it'll all be gone and people like Rhodes will have a tough time walking down the street.

We may honestly 3-4 years away from the "Say what you want about his policies but Obama made being President cool again" thinkpieces that are basically white flags.

Edited by BringBackOrton

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Let's not forget Trump's treatment of Native Americans

Screen%252BShot%252B2018-01-16%252Bat%25

That photo was taken about the same time Hillary was under sniper fire, wasn't it? I can't remember, but maybe we should check Brian Williams' timeline. He was surely there.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

That photo was taken about the same time Hillary was under sniper fire, wasn't it? I can't remember, but maybe we should check Brian Williams' timeline. He was surely there.

I don't think so.    Looks more like the long-lost Herring tribe being relocated to Oklahoma reservations.

14 minutes ago, GG said:

I don't think so.    Looks more like the long-lost Herring tribe being relocated to Oklahoma reservations.

No, I'm pretty sure that's a picture of trans-people looking for a bathroom in North Carolina.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

10 hours ago, GG said:

10 hours ago, DC Tom said:

No, I'm pretty sure that's a picture of trans-people looking for a bathroom in North Carolina.

No to all three.

It is from Liz Warren's family photo album.  That's her there on the right in the yellow scarf.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

No to all three.

It is from Liz Warren's family photo album.  That's her there on the right in the yellow scarf.

Obviously you haven’t done your research with that comment.