Obama's Post Presidency

/dev/null

Obama comes out of hiding on Monday

C98VddvUwAAkfPc.jpg Click on to Enlarge

Obama will make 1st public appearance Monday, at the Univ of Chicago - "a conversation on community organizing and civic engagement"

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I think 41 and 43 were/are decent men. Didn't agree with all of their policies though.

Yup, so is Obama, but those 3 go down as time-wasters in office....

Those that weren't time-wasters in office...

FDR, LBJ, Nixon, Reagan.

Many before FDR though.

y6yTzWn6_bigger.pngPOLITICO‏Verified account @politico 2h2 hours ago

.@BarackObama: Not bombing Syria 'required the most political courage' http://politi.co/2qJVFH6 pic.twitter.com/oV09qPA2HE

C_4yNMHXsAAb1TY.jpg

Yep......................you're a hero Barack, much better than those cowards storming those beaches in France.

That's not entirely wrong...but he shouldn't have made the "red line" comment in the first place, then. Deciding that maybe your earlier tough talk was over-the-top might be brave, but damaging the international credibility of the United States so seriously was not a "politically courageous" move.

That's not entirely wrong...but he shouldn't have made the "red line" comment in the first place, then. Deciding that maybe your earlier tough talk was over-the-top might be brave, but damaging the international credibility of the United States so seriously was not a "politically courageous" move.

It would be a lot easier for the left to make the case that Trump is the biggest dumbass around if Obama would just STFU for a while.

This is true of course, but the red-line stance makes way more sense when you factor in 44 was given deliberately falsified intelligence about the Ghouta attack in '12. He was told the attack came from Assad's forces, was preparing to strike - and then was told, by his own IC, that the attacks actually came from US backed rebel groups. Knowing this, he did not order a strike because he feared the fallout should that intelligence come to light. After all, by then the media had already tried and convicted Assad for that attack and there was no going back... unless 44 were to admit the US and its allies were funding rebels who are using chemical attacks to stage false flags.

But you can't say that, because it then opens up a whole can of worms that would take true courage to sift through.

So instead he just hoped it would all go away...

• 2 weeks later...

TO DO THAT, DONT YOU HAVE TO GO AWAY FIRST?

Obama Attempts Government In Exile.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/25/obama-attempts-government-in-exile/

The unprecedented extent to which the Democrats have tried to delegitimize Trumps presidency, starting the day after the election, has done tremendous damage. But most of the tongue-clucking from pundits is aimed at Trump, for some reason.

Yup, so is Obama, but those 3 go down as time-wasters in office....

Those that weren't time-wasters in office...

FDR, LBJ, Nixon, Reagan.

Many before FDR though.

I agree, although I think if you look deeper 43 and 44 could go be remembered far worse than just being time wasters. 43 has done an amazing job of manipulating the Trump situation to make people think he was a great guy.

I agree, although I think if you look deeper 43 and 44 could go be remembered far worse than just being time wasters. 43 has done an amazing job of manipulating the Trump situation to make people think he was a great guy.

The Trump situation could make Jack the Ripper seem like a great guy.

By all reports 43 was a great guy and loved by staff.

Even the staff who thought he was an idiot (of which there were more than a few) thought he was a very nice guy.

While Obama left town for all holidays, necessitating staff to go with him and away from their families on those holidays, Bush didn't travel for the holidays for the specific reason of allowing his staff to be at home with their families. When the Iraqi war started Bush gave up golf, feeling that it just wasn't right to be seen on the golf course while he commanded troops attempting to just stay alive trying to avoid IED's in 110 degrees heat. Obama, on the other hand gave a eulogy for fallen troops while tying up his golf cleats (hyperbole, but only barely). One can tell much about people just by the way they treat subordinates. Barry and Michelle weren't much liked. George and Laura were loved, while Hillary was despised.

Edited by grinreaper

Even the staff who thought he was an idiot (of which there were more than a few) thought he was a very nice guy.

The POTUS with the largest portion of staff and cabinet that thought he was an idiot is on the $5 bill.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Obama returning to campaign trail...

Obama has returned and is planning on being very vocal as he starts the process of rallying the troops to resist the Trump administration.

The Democrats have lost race after race since Trump era took over, and are desperate for a win. Any win, anywhere.

Obama is set up in his new DC mansion mere blocks from Trump, and has pockets overflowing with money from George Soros. Let the games begin.

Obama has returned and is planning on being very vocal as he starts the process of rallying the troops to resist the Trump administration.

The Democrats have lost race after race since Trump era took over, and are desperate for a win. Any win, anywhere.

Obama is set up in his new DC mansion mere blocks from Trump, and has pockets overflowing with money from George Soros. Let the games begin.

I'll take Obama Still Doesn't Understand His Role In Why We Have a President Trump for $.50 Alex.

Looks like we're all going to be racists again.

Damn. I really enjoyed the reprieve while it was here.

Looks like we're all going to be racists again.

Damn. I really enjoyed the reprieve while it was here.

So much for the Presidential tradition of extending the professional courtesy of bowing out quietly and letting their successor do the job.

So much for the Presidential tradition of extending the professional courtesy of bowing out quietly and letting their successor do the job.

Obama wouldn't know courtesy if it licked his balls.

His ego is far too large to go off quietly. He needs people to cuddle and adore him, and he ain't getting that from Michelle.

People like Obama survive on the low-hanging fruit of the money tree. Getting paid half a million a pop to tell Trump jokes is going to truly pad his wallet.

He's demonstrating less class than George W. Bush.

That really ought to give his worshippers pause. It won't, because they lack any sort of awareness. But it should.

He's demonstrating less class than George W. Bush.

That really ought to give his worshippers pause. It won't, because they lack any sort of awareness. But it should.

:huh:

W has followed the typical post-presidency model. Not sure what you meant by that.

Except for Carter, they all stay out of the fray. (Even Clinton pretty much stayed out as much as one can when one's wife is SoS & running for Prez.)

:huh:

W has followed the typical post-presidency model. Not sure what you meant by that.

Except for Carter, they all stay out of the fray. (Even Clinton pretty much stayed out as much as one can when one's wife is SoS & running for Prez.)

What I mean is that Obama's cultists insist he is the classiest president ever, and insist that Bush was a classless boor.

That's...apparently not so.

Yeah! Because I don't have a Panera and Starbucks on the corner of my slice of paradise outside of Kokomo, Indiana!

Take that You phucking Dummycrats!

:-)

Well that makes about as much sense as the last post of yours I read.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Obama rips Trump: This DACA decision is “cruel” and an offense to “basic decency”

9d674e0d-4297-4d72-a31d-5f85642f019f.jpg

When I said yesterday that there’s nothing this guy enjoys more than a good “that’s not who we are” lecture, I wasn’t joking. He uses almost those exact words in this broadside at the White House.

I’m gonna guess this is worth about seven or eight points to Trump in terms of public support. Without Obama weighing in, figure 70/30 or so opposed to deporting DREAMers. With Obama weighing in, maybe 62/38-ish. That’s how many Republicans will rally to Trump purely out of annoyance at a vintage O scolding about what sort of opinions it is and isn’t “American” to hold.

{snip}

He’s still telling the old lie that DACA is nothing more than “prosecutorial discretion,” eh?

If that were true, all it would mean is that DREAMers end up at the bottom of the list of DOJ’s and DHS’s immigration priorities. In reality DACA means much more, most notably eligibility for a work permit. In a legal quirk, it can also entitle recipients who leave the country and then re-enter to green-card status and eventually citizenship. Ironically it’s Trump who may end up exercising true “prosecutorial discretion” with respect to DREAMers, stripping them of any legal right to stay and work but making them the lowest possible priority for removal.

More at the link:

I genuinely don't remember, in my lifetime, any former president being as vocal post-presidency as Obama intends to be.

It's going to be interesting when he suddenly realizes most people just want him to go away.

That will NEVER happen.

:lol: