We have the worst cap situation in the league?

Virgil

More work to do with McKelvin, Graham, and hopefully a long term deal with Glenn to free up additional $$. Maybe they can get a deal with Gilmore too?

@spotrac

#Bills now have $7.87M in cap space with the release of Mario Williams and Cordy Glenn franchise tagged http://bit.ly/1TP1V6O

Pay cut from Leo + Boobie release + Gilmore extension should add another $5M or so--may get more if Graham takes a pay cut as Sal Capaccio implied may happen.

If Glenn can work out a long-term deal, that would probably save another $4M

So that's about $10M more that's realistic; plenty to sign Richie plus their RFAs and draft picks. Find a few fiscally-responsible FAs and that there's your offseason.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, wait, wait a minute. $9 million for rookies?

Our top 3 picks shouldn't be much more than $3 million combined. After that, it's the league minimum. How do you get to 9?

That number is wrong.

Closer to $5M isn't it?

I believe so. It's not set in stone, but it's definitely not $9 million.

Well, let's see who put the $9 million figure out there?? Ohhhhh, it was the J Bus Bus (Joe Buscaglia)...he should have just said "Need a lot of money to sign rookies" like he says "That Tyrod Taylor is a good player"

Yeah, that's by my estimate. It's the difference between "we don't have a ton of money to sign players" and "we have to immediately renegotiate or we'll be in a hole to sign our rookies"

Cap hits by last year's draft picks:

Cam Erving (19) - $1.71M

Mitch Morse (49) - $0.85M

Alex Carter (80) - $0.55M

Jamil Douglas (114) - $0.55M

Karlos Williams (155) - $0.49M

B.J. Dubose (193) - $0.45M

^ That's $4.6M...add 10% inflation and you can expect that $5M should easily cover it.

I'm hoping Glenn signs a long-term deal that reduces his cap hit this year, giving us even more room to maneuver and sign Incognito.

And yes, the cap hit for rookies is about $5 million, not $9 million.

Currently $9.75M under.

I expect that to grow by $8M-$10M once McKelvin and Graham take their pay cuts and Gilmore and Glenn sign extensions.

I assume that's after Glenn's tag number?

so say 5 of that goes to Incognito, a couple million to the rookies, then we'll end up with around 10 MM more to play with? that's not bad at all.

I assume that's after Glenn's tag number?

so say 5 of that goes to Incognito, a couple million to the rookies, then we'll end up with around 10 MM more to play with? that's not bad at all.

I would think Incognito would be more like $4M, and then $5M to the rookies. Assuming everything else I listed gets done, that puts you $10M under. You then need to get your RFAs under contract (figure $6.5M for that), which leaves between $3M and $4M to pay a guy like Bushrod to compete at RT and a guy like Sanu to play WR.

I would think Incognito would be more like $4M, and then $5M to the rookies. Assuming everything else I listed gets done, that puts you $10M under. You then need to get your RFAs under contract (figure $6.5M for that), which leaves between $3M and $4M to pay a guy like Bushrod to compete at RT and a guy like Sanu to play WR.

Depends how many RFAs they keep. Jordan Mills maybe if they have real worries about Henderson's health? I think probably only one of Bryant and Charles... probably Ty Powell as they are thin at LB and Rex talked him up last camp.

Depends how many RFAs they keep. Jordan Mills maybe if they have real worries about Henderson's health? I think probably only one of Bryant and Charles... probably Ty Powell as they are thin at LB and Rex talked him up last camp.

I think they'll keep Powell, Charles, Rambo, and Bryant for sure. Mills and Hogan go into the maybe category for me. I would be offering 1-year deals though, not the standard RFA tenders.

I think they'll keep Powell, Charles, Rambo, and Bryant for sure. Mills and Hogan go into the maybe category for me. I would be offering 1-year deals though, not the standard RFA tenders.

I forgot Rambo - yes he stays. I am a Hogan fan but he is a luxury we can't afford (a decent 3rd or 4th receiver) at this stage. I might try the lowest tender but I think someone would match it and he'd walk anyway.

I think more likely they keep Mills and one DL guy than both DL guys.

Edited by GunnerBill