good news on the ralph..

We have the advantage of walking straight into the west side of the stadium to our section, and don't really have to go through the concourses.But the few times I've gone through there,man, they do get crowded.

I firmly believe there is nothing wrong with the Ralph, and will thoroughly enjoy the next 7-10 years or more, however many it has left. While a new stadium right now is not really my preference and a dome is definitely not my preference, I don't feel passionately enough about it one way or another. All I really and truly care about is still being able to afford to go to the games if and when a new stadium comes online, that the Pegulas are aware enough of the WNY market to not crush us with PSLs and $300 face value seats.

That is absolutely ridiculous. How does it even work now? Are people going two and three to a urinal or waiting in lines like peasants? Without the round sinks how do the current bathrooms handle excess capacity?

Behind the tunnel end where we sit (126-127), they reno'd one bathroom and built another behind that new bar. There are never any traffic flow problems in and out of the men's loo. But then I tend to avoid the peak times.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is absolutely ridiculous. How does it even work now? Are people going two and three to a urinal or waiting in lines like peasants? Without the round sinks how do the current bathrooms handle excess capacity?

It's a long wait like peasants. I think it's a gender issue. They want the lines to be as long as the women's rooms are!

So wake up people of Western New York the millenium known as the 21st century started a long time ago. And it would behoove a lot of you to get a grander picture of where the world is going. Maybe when you watch games from Minnesota and Atlanta's new facilities in the upcoming seasons you might feel differently.

Same answer I told others - if you want a fancy stadium donate the money to Pegulas so they do not need to try to pay for it with PSLs, etc. Would you be paying taxes to fund a new stadium? There is not the money in the Western New York area to pay for a mega feature new stadium and would not be profitable for Pegula's to self fund.

From a fan perspective, why does the stadium experience have to be so much fancier than college? College teams sell out 100k seat stadiums in all weather. The fans tailgate in the lots. They go in the stadium to watch the game and get loud and for the experience of seeing it live. They don't need restaurants, red zone channel, retail stores, etc. They are there to watch football. Why is it so different with NFL? Is it just driven by the league?

Edited by YoloinOhio

Behind the tunnel end where we sit (126-127), they reno'd one bathroom and built another behind that new bar. There are never any traffic flow problems in and out of the men's loo. But then I tend to avoid the peak times.

Even during the trough era, peak times were hard to navigate. You might not have enough room to even square up at the trough. Turn sideways, wedge an elbow in there, and point your stream perpendickular to the guy in front of you. You might even need the guy next you to hold it for you. I've seen guys 2 feet back of the trough arc one in through the crook of another man's elbow when there wasn't enough room for the old hookshot. It was just understood.

Edited by Jauronimo

Same answer I told others - if you want a fancy stadium donate the money to Pegulas so they do not need to try to pay for it with PSLs, etc. Would you be paying taxes to fund a new stadium? There is not the money in the Western New York area to pay for a mega feature new stadium and would not be profitable for Pegula's to self fund.

Fans do--int the form of ticket purchases. Ne stadium? If he wants one, let Pegula pay for it. He has the money.

From a fan perspective, why does the stadium experience have to be so much fancier than college? College teams sell out 100k seat stadiums in all weather. The fans tailgate in the lots. They go in the stadium to watch the game and get loud and for the experience of seeing it live. They don't need restaurants, red zone channel, retail stores, etc. They are there to watch football. Why is it so different with NFL? Is it just driven by the league?

And, those college stadiums are ancient. There's no need for all this crap. I would say it's driven by the greedy league.

Are the soccer stadiums in England really old, like our college football stadiums? They seem like they are.

I feel like they could probably do regular refurbishing/remodeling of the Ralph and be ok. Any new stadium will have to be a dome, and be very expensive, because I can't imagine the government(s) throwing in money for it.

Why bother. It sounds like everyone is good as long as the toilets work and the lines to the urinals aren't bad. If all else fails they can always bring back the basin sinks so that people can use them as overflow urinals again.

I think it is driven by the league and their desire for corporate partners, i.e. the money people who will pay exorbitant rates for boxes, suites and seasons, PSL's, etc.

I think it is driven by the league and their desire for corporate partners, i.e. the money people who will pay exorbitant rates for boxes, suites and seasons, PSL's, etc.

The problem is in Western New York there is not a lot of those corporate partners; that was part of effort to expansion to Toronto to get corporate sponsors.

Maybe I don't understand the politics or the business relationship of the various owners of the teams. But the way JJ and other owners have thumbed their noses at the league, I got the impression the league really can not "pressure" the owners to build a new stadium if the owner does not want to.

As an owner, even if I wanted to, I would be very cautious about forcing another owner to do something with his facilities unless they really limited the performance of visiting teams when they were playing there. Any precedent set could come back to bite the owners once they overstep their boundaries.

When it comes to money, interfering with another owner beyond the overall shared income of the marketing of the game is bad business. I thought the income from things like seat licenses, parking, food service commissions, PSl, and local non broadcast game day income mostly stayed with the owners.

I thought most of the shared income in the league is from broadcast rights and product licenses, endorsements type income. That was why owners like JJ wanted the income from game day stadium sources remain mostly with the team owner. They could invest in the frills to pad their share above shared income.

I would say the choice for expensive frills would be mostly Pegula's decision, as long as the product on the field that is broadcast by the NFL is not negatively impacted and visiting teams have sufficient facilities. He is the one who can milk and profit from the frills on game day to meet his business needs and desires. The majority of such income remains with him. Am I misunderstanding the income sharing scheme in the NFL?

The EGO of the NFL commissioner may prompt him to spout off, but the individual owners are the ones that make the rules and final decisions. And they make decisions based primarily on the $$$$ they can add to their pockets with the least meddling in their own individual business decisions.

Edited by simpleman

Why bother. It sounds like everyone is good as long as the toilets work and the lines to the urinals aren't bad. If all else fails they can always bring back the basin sinks so that people can use them as overflow urinals again.

I think the NFL, and other corporate interests want a new stadium, more than fans do.

think silly be silly.

If we are going to spend for a billion dollar facility, chasing an event that the governing body will have no interest in putting in Buffalo... which will cost another huge sum for the public to 'sway' the decision... then that is foolish.

Edited by May Day 10