good news on the ralph..

Hospitals (I just fielded an assinine phone survey about hospitals... I did everything in my power to throw a monkey wrench in it, like it will really help) and stadiums are the cathedrals of the 21st century... They are designed to wow the masses as did the cathedrals of the middle ages... Keep them praying and subservient to the alter

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hospitals (I just fielded an assinine phone survey about hospitals... I did everything in my power to throw a monkey wrench in it, like it will really help) and stadiums are the cathedrals of the 21st century... They are designed to wow the masses as did the cathedrals of the middle ages... Keep them praying and subservient to the alter

....hospitals?

What?

Hammered with much love i say that your opinion might be slightly biased based on other standings around the Ralph.

Come on, In my eyes I'm very unbiased. I as a taxpayer and long time season tickets holder see no need for a new stadium. I'm happy with my seats, I have no problem with the restrooms, getting a beer or food or concourses. I don't need wifi or fantasy football updates. I'm there to watch a Bills game. As a taxpayer and as someone who owns two business a 1/2 billion $$ remodel makes more sense to me than does a billion Plus $$ new stadium. But in the end it's all up to the Pegulas. Edited by Hammered a Lot

Cold and colder. <_<

As for tailgating downtown there are more spaces than in Minny down Seneca and South Park, not to mention Ganson. Will they be as close as Hammer's? No but the long walk will help sober you up. The question isn't space, it's will the city legislate against it.

The Allen St Hardware bar in Buffalo got nailed this week for not having a City of Buffalo Dance Permit! Yep you need s permit to dance in Buffalo! With that said you know the city of Buffalo will legislate/permit/tax the you know what out of it. Edited by Hammered a Lot

• 2 weeks later...

The Allen St Hardware bar in Buffalo got nailed this week for not having a City of Buffalo Dance Permit! Yep you need s permit to dance in Buffalo! With that said you know the city of Buffalo will legislate/permit/tax the you know what out of it.

On a $ide note, the Washington Redskins recently raised parking to $50 a car. Other $$$ for parking Cowboys $75 SeaHawks $50 Bears $49

Teammarkingreport.com (Sept 2015) has the Patriots at $40.00

In 2006 maybe. Trust me, $50 is the starting price for Patriots parking. First of all, the town of Foxboro doesn't allow residential home owners to sell parking. Second, all the commercial lots that do sell parking that are not owned by Bob Kraft still have to pay him a cut of their gross. Can you imagine paying the Bills for the privilege of parking cars?

Interesting variety of opinions here!

I started going to games when I was about eleven years old at the Rockpile. My father parked at the Armory because he said if you parked on the side streets or lawns, you might come back to find the wheels missing from your car.

There were drunks all over the place. At eleven, I knew it was stupid behavior and ignored it, except for the time a drunk tripped and fell into my lap from the row behind me.

I always go to one game a year - the TBD tailgate on opening day in OP. At Stub Hub prices, that is about all I can afford.

We arrive on Saturday and often hang around until Sunday evening. I see a lot of good friends who I might not see again until the next year's opening day.

I bring family and friends who like to tailgate - anywhere from 10 to 25 people - with me.

We stay outside in tents or a cheap motel Saturday and meet with the regulars at Danny's.

We park at Hammers on Sunday with more TBD friends.

It is a bargain compared to most sporting events or concerts.

It is a tailgate with some of my best friends and family with a three hour football game along the way. YES I want the Bills to win, but I tailgate for the party. We go for the fun not to get drunk. Moonshine with a breakfast sandwich is a treat though.

I believe a downtown stadium would price ME out of this event, and I actually LIKE the Ralph.

Yes, I am an old fart, but I have a color TV and a smart phone. LOL.

I welcome positive change, but for many reasons others have cited in excruciating detail, I do not think a downtown stadium is practical in western New York.

Bills home football is all about tailgating and friends. For some, especially the twenty something crowd that can mean heavy drinking and the behavior that often comes with that activity. For many others it simply means a good time with friends with great food.

If the Bills build a stadium where there is no tailgating scene they will kill the crowd atmosphere. The NFL and maybe even local,law enforcement might be supportive of reducing the party scene by putting a stadium somewhere not conducive to it.

Hard to say who will win out. The Ralph is a fantastic stadium once you're in the bowl. Otherwise it is tired.

Personally, I would like,to see the Bills leave it where it is but rebuild it when the time comes. Above all else, please don't put a domed stadium in Buffalo.

In 2006 maybe. Trust me, $50 is the starting price for Patriots parking. First of all, the town of Foxboro doesn't allow residential home owners to sell parking. Second, all the commercial lots that do sell parking that are not owned by Bob Kraft still have to pay him a cut of their gross. Can you imagine paying the Bills for the privilege of parking cars?

Wow, did any commercial lot owners fight this in court?? Back in the 70's the Town of Orchard Park tried to limit the number of cars per household on event days at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Say if Mom,Dad, and 3 kids had cars (5 in total) on event days you could only have 2 cars parked on your property!! What do you do with the other cars??? This was an attempt to limit event day parking on private property. My parents led the fight along with 2 other property owners against this proposed law. The court case was held in West Seneca. It did not take long for it to be defeated. On a side note look for an announcement in the near future about some modifications that will be done on the Ralph Wilson complex. Just another step in keeping the Bills in Orchard Park.

Wow, did any commercial lot owners fight this in court?? Back in the 70's the Town of Orchard Park tried to limit the number of cars per household on event days at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Say if Mom,Dad, and 3 kids had cars (5 in total) on event days you could only have 2 cars parked on your property!! What do you do with the other cars??? This was an attempt to limit event day parking on private property. My parents led the fight along with 2 other property owners against this proposed law. The court case was held in West Seneca. It did not take long for it to be defeated. On a side note look for an announcement in the near future about some modifications that will be done on the Ralph Wilson complex. Just another step in keeping the Bills in Orchard Park.

I assume they did but politics are little different in Massachusetts. Especially when you hire the town police department as your team security detail.

I've never been to your lot (my friend's family has lived on Sheldon so I've parked for free for 40 years now). How many cars does it fit?

We park at Hammers on Sunday with more TBD friends.

It is a bargain compared to most sporting events or concerts.

The whole post, a nice vignette (a fancy word for descriptive story). Thanks.

I suggest, you, and I, and others, will be priced OUT of a downtown stadium. AND... there are very few to price INTO a downtown stadium. Terry Pegula and the pols know this.

Without a positive economic miracle, a downtown stadium is DOA.

The whole post, a nice vignette (a fancy word for descriptive story). Thanks.

I suggest, you, and I, and others, will be priced OUT of a downtown stadium. AND... there are very few to price INTO a downtown stadium. Terry Pegula and the pols know this.

Without a positive economic miracle, a downtown stadium is DOA.

IMHO, there is a window right now where apparently plans for a new stadium are not in the works, being discussed. if that is the case, hopefully the NFL comes to its senses and heeds mark cuban's words about eating themselves up and common sense prevails over the greed going on right now within rhe NFL. i am for anyone making as much as they can.. but the owners want it all. shaking down cities to build them a stadium has to stop. hopefully a mindset will prevail that centers around the game, the traditions.. hence the ralph is tradition.

Edited by dwight in philly

Come on, In my eyes I'm very unbiased. I as a taxpayer and long time season tickets holder see no need for a new stadium. I'm happy with my seats, I have no problem with the restrooms, getting a beer or food or concourses. I don't need wifi or fantasy football updates. I'm there to watch a Bills game. As a taxpayer and as someone who owns two business a 1/2 billion $$ remodel makes more sense to me than does a billion Plus $$ new stadium. But in the end it's all up to the Pegulas.

I agree. maybe the NFL would be happy if somehow some more luxury boxes could be stacked on top. The stadium is no architectural

Marvel ,But the sightlines are great. pegula probably wants a palace near Peguaville though. How many current fans can pay say $400

To sit between the 20's though? No way can the tailgate experience even come close say downtown.

Edited by Best Player Available

On a $ide note, the Washington Redskins recently raised parking to $50 a car. Other $$$ for parking Cowboys $75 SeaHawks $50 Bears $49

I read this and thought "Oh sh*t don't tell Hammer!" - then I realized who posted it!

Hammer, your lot might be the ONE lot in the entire NFL that would actually be worth $50. You know, for other people...

:beer: