good news on the ralph..

I would be happy to pay my share so that I can feel good taking my kids to a game. Unfortunately, it appears that I am in the minority.

That's fine. As I said, it's democracy. But from now on I don't want to any more complaining from Bills fans about owners being "cheap" because the fans are obviously as cheap as anyone.

This is ridiculous! Not enough bubble wrap in the world... The Kidlets will be fine... Oh the horror!

Some cities seem to prefer to that tailgating occur in bars and restaurants since they usually impose a supplemental sales tax in stadium district to help repay contribution to stadium or infrastructure costs. We did our tailgate for one of the Bills Ravens games in a bar due to difficulty getting tailgate space.

So glad BFLo has sense... We are cooler toters not ones to sit in a posh half empty Santa Clara stadium bar sipping 20 buck beer...

"There's another brazen day

Things kinda move that way

Good lord above, now he don't have to fuss

Not for good hardy people like us

Born with a weary eye

Plain to see, my oh my

These crazy ideas, oh they don't last long

But they come and they go in america..."

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does that have to do with my post? Bills can't get a new stadium because they found a problem on Vikings?

I remember a study done ranking the area/neighborhood around the Ralph as the second safest in the NFL. New England was first. Both are not in a city setting.

Cold and colder. <_<

As for tailgating downtown there are more spaces than in Minny down Seneca and South Park, not to mention Ganson. Will they be as close as Hammer's? No but the long walk will help sober you up. The question isn't space, it's will the city legislate against it.

Can you really count on those spots being there in the future? Buffalo is booming now. I see it mentioned every day on the news! Look what happened in Minny. A parking lot was sold and a building built losing over 850 spaces. That's happening to a lot near the Central Library in Buffalo this year. Legislate against it? I think regulate er tax it to the max via permits.

Not so safe for the folding tables and wiffle ball bats though.

I sold out my warehouse of tables and bats last year. I think straight jackets will be huge in the parking lots this upcoming season!

Good news on the Ralph would be that they have put back in the drinking fountains that they took out in the renovation. All the more to sell $5.00 bottles of water to you.....they even got an exemption from the Erie County Health Department...unbelieveable. Of course, they have a yellow water cooler at the guest services desks....and you can get a Dixie cup of water there if you know to go there...and if you believe that is sanitary. Of course, the local golf courses had to remove theirs because the health department told them that such coolers were a hazzard, at least on a golf course. Hard to figure why its safe in the Guest Services desks, but not on the golf courses. I am thinking the welfare of the fans was not at the heart of the decision. Now, as a season ticket holder, I gave feedback to the Bills that their plan here was not acceptable to me...but I don't expect much from them....the almighty dollar will rule...thats what the NFL is all about...extracting max dollars from the game attendees. REINSTALLING WATER FOUNTAINS....that would be good news about the Ralph. (I am guessing the Bills don't have Erie County Health Dept approval for their yellow coolers)

Edited by bigK14094

Le me guess, your were on welfare and never worried about paying share since you always got handouts?

let me guess!

you are both not that far apart from each other.

Neighbors possibly?

not friendly neighbors so much

:nana:

Let me guess, you had to walk uphill both ways to your one room school house in the snow when you grew up and turned out just fine.

:rolleyes:

I remember a study done ranking the area/neighborhood around the Ralph as the second safest in the NFL. New England was first. Both are not in a city setting.

Some miscommunication here. I wasn't really criticizing Buffalo at all or even mentioned anything about safety A poster called the stadium in Minnesota cold and sterile. I just showed some images that I think show a pretty nice stadium.

Le me guess, your were on welfare and never worried about paying share since you always got handouts?

Strange statement, when I'm the one who volunteered to "pay my share" and you're the one who doesn't want to do anything to the stadium so that they will keep prices as cheap as possible, hoping I assume that the Pegulas continue to spent their money to subsidize the team at a loss. You are the one counting on handouts.

I've been to games at half a dozen different professional football venues and my anecdotal experience has been that Buffalo's is by far the least "family friendly" environment I've encountered. Meaning that it was the one where I was most likely to be exposed to drunken fans, abusive language and trash/drinks being spilled on spectators. Maybe building a new stadium won't change this and there are other solutions but the efforts they've made so far haven't really done all that much, IMO.

Some miscommunication here. I wasn't really criticizing Buffalo at all or even mentioned anything about safety A poster called the stadium in Minnesota cold and sterile. I just showed some images that I think show a pretty nice stadium.

No miscommunication. All artist renditions make things look better than they are.

Strange statement, when I'm the one who volunteered to "pay my share" and you're the one who doesn't want to do anything to the stadium so that they will keep prices as cheap as possible, hoping I assume that the Pegulas continue to spent their money to subsidize the team at a loss. You are the one counting on handouts.

I've been to games at half a dozen different professional football venues and my anecdotal experience has been that Buffalo's is by far the least "family friendly" environment I've encountered. Meaning that it was the one where I was most likely to be exposed to drunken fans, abusive language and trash/drinks being spilled on spectators. Maybe building a new stadium won't change this and there are other solutions but the efforts they've made so far haven't really done all that much, IMO.

Either I go to the games with blinders on or I sit in a section where fans are not abusivie, don't spill beers. I would think with the amount of crime ( 2 people shot Saturday one DOA in Buffalo) people might want to be sober after the games if the stadium was downtown for fear of robbery etc. Edited by Hammered a Lot

I haven't had this experience most of the time. Every once in a while a fan gets out of control a little bit, but most of the time this is dealt with quickly and doesn't diminish my experience.

The worst I deal with each week is that the stands don't hold the people they say they should. If there are 35 seats, it feels like 40 people are in the row. Need to be more spread out.

Doesn't bother me as much, but my girlfriend or friends that come have a hard time dealing with it. Maybe I'm just better at tuning it out

I hear you on that one. Its getting to the point where I'm not sure if, in good conscience, I can bring my kids to the game anymore which is a total shame. The foul language, drunken debauchery, and violence are just out of control. Last time I got home from the game my 13 year old couldn't walk, he was so damn drunk, and my 17 year old got into a brawl and tossed out of the game. He just got off probation for Christ's sake!!! Its just a bad environment for kids and I don't think I can continue to subject my little angels to such poor behavior.

1st there is a family section.

2nd blame Canada for the drunken fans, the past 2 kids days they have ruined it for my daughter.

3rd an NFL game is no place for kids under 12 and older people who cant understand my God given freedoms in this great country to drink a few beers and be belligerent because i'm involved in the great sport of football.This isnt baseball, its the gridiron.

2nd blame Canada for the drunken fans, the past 2 kids days they have ruined it for my daughter.

3rd an NFL game is no place for kids under 12 and older people who cant understand my God given freedoms in this great country to drink a few beers and be belligerent because i'm involved in the great sport of football.This isnt baseball, its the gridiron.

I'm on the 10 yard line, 25 rows up from the field, and twice this past year I saw fans vomit right in the row. One could be chalked up to a rookie fan, but the other was a 60+ year old who comes every week and should know better.

Is game day better when you throw up?

I give my preseason tickets away. The few games I went to long ago were very kid friendly. I thought it was like a Bisons game..........Now there's a bunch of drunks on kids day?

Whoops the Roof is leaking to the tune of $4 million in repairs. I have never heard of an open air stadium roof leaking!

Hammered with much love i say that your opinion might be slightly biased based on other standings around the Ralph.

:beer:

Because you don't have the space to drink your face off anymore.

I would welcome a new stadium to the Bills, it would feel like the team belongs in the century again.

Because you don't have the space to drink your face off anymore.

I would welcome a new stadium to the Bills, it would feel like the team belongs in the century again.

As long as the tickets are cheap, there's plenty of space to bring in the beer and there's a trough to piss in, Bills fans are good. Hog heaven. Edited by vincec