IF the Bills cut Shady McCoy...the 2nd thread

YoloinOhio

IF the Bills cut McCoy....  

128 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want the Bills to do to replace him?

• Draft a RB with a 1st round grade in the 1st round (i.e. Ezekiel Elliott)
    • Draft a RB in the 2nd round (i.e.Derrick Henry)
    • Draft a RB in the mid- to late rounds (i.e. Kenneth Dixon)
    • Sign a premium FA RB (i.e. Lamar Miller,Matt Forte,Chris Ivory, Alfred Morris)
    • Roll with Karlos, Gillislee, Wilder, Boobie
    • Sign a lower tier FA RB (James Starks, Bilal Powell, Reggie Bush)
    • Trade for a starting RB
    • Other

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stick with the current stable but if a blue chipper happens to be the BPA at some point (which I doubt), then yeah, pull the trigger and draft the guy. Problem is, Karlos can't stay healthy, Gillislee has never carried the main load, and Boobie is, well, Boobie. If McCoy leaves, they will need to add depth, regardless.

GO BILLS!!!

Chris Ivory is a FA

i listed him as a option with the other starting RBs. I think he will be relatively sought after but not sure how much any of those guys will get on the FA market. I didn't list Doug Martin, as it's believed TB is planning to sign him to an extension. It doesn't sound like the Jets are going to pay ivory

I think Lamar Miller will get the biggest FA deal because he's so young.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't love this years running back crop. If your going for a stud 3 down back you take Zeke. It would give us some serious cap relief for the running back position which is the plus side. Downside it's going to cost you a first round pick in a defense heavy draft.

Kenyon Drake in a middle to late round could serve as a scat back and would compliment Karlos nicely. The downside of this move would be depending on Williams to carry the workload.

Just please don't touch Henry. He is my bust of the year.

shady is NOT getting cut for a bar fight.

This is right. The Bills may well be without him for some games......maybe a lot if he serves time......certainly for NFL or Bills suspension. But, it might partially solve the cap problems in 2016. Cause, he doesn't get paid when on suspension. Lots of analysis out there that fails to account for that fact. Now, he is certainly some kind of thug....but, know what...so are the police in all likelyhood. NFL players/ cops don't have back down in their blood.....and the cops were foolish enough to get involved with a physically superior crew. The NFL guys were also foolish....oh well...bar fights since the beginning of time.......