Wade vs Rex

Mikie2times

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that Wade is one of the most underappreciated coaches in the NFL.

He wasn't appreciated here. 29-19 and gets fired. None of the 7 coaches that succeeded him have posted a winning record.

The firing of Wade was a turning point, ending a period of success and replacing it with a sustained period of misery.

Wade was likable and many fans still supported him despite the 8-8 record that final year. I wonder what the fate of the Bills would have been like had we retained him.

Edited by hondo in seattle

He wasn't appreciated here. 29-19 and gets fired. None of the 7 coaches that succeeded him posted a winning record.

The firing of Wade was a turning point, ending a period of success and replacing it with a sustained period of misery.

Wade was likable and many fans still supported him despite the 8-8 record that final year. I wonder what the fate of the Bills would have been like had we retained him.

It's truly puzzling at times how the coaching carousel works in the NFL. Some coaches seem untouchable, despite their lack of success. Look at Jeff Fisher. Marvin Lewis has had success in the regular season but has yet to win a single playoff game with a super talented roster. How a coach like Mike Mularkey is even in head coaching discussions offends the mind.

It's truly puzzling at times how the coaching carousel works in the NFL. Some coaches seem untouchable, despite their lack of success. Look at Jeff Fisher. Marvin Lewis has had success in the regular season but has yet to win a single playoff game with a super talented roster. How a coach like Mike Mularkey is even in head coaching discussions offends the mind.

I agree about Mularkey. That's embarrassing. Fisher is the most overrated coaches in NFL history. But Lewis turned around one of the worst franchises in pro sports. He had some bad luck this year because this was the best Bengals team he has ever had. I think he's a good head coach.

I think Wade is a better coach than Rex. Unfortunately, Wade will never be a head coach again. He got screwed here.

He wasn't appreciated here. 29-19 and gets fired. None of the 7 coaches that succeeded him have posted a winning record.

30-18. Never forget that. You know what I'm talking about.

Both 3-4 legends with lots of defensive coordinator experience and fathers who coached in football. Excluding interim coaching, Wade has a career 79-57 record, Ryan has a career 58-60 record. It's interesting how Ryan was a guy the Bills targeted but nobody touches Wade. All he seems to do is win wherever he is. He's fallen short in the playoffs over and over, but it's not as if Rex has a ring. I know his Bills squads had great records but were somewhat overshadowed following the Kelly years. We were a spoiled fan base during those times. I don't recall what actually severed our relationship with Wade. I'm 34 and those were some memorable years, I just remember the players and games more than situational things like why we lost a player or coach. Anybody recall? Anybody rather have Wade vs Rex? Anybody think it's shocking the guy isn't a HC? He seems to fall victim to high expectations getting fired his first down year everywhere he goes despite success in previous seasons.

Wade is 80-56. You know what I'm referring to.

Holy crap are people short sighted. Wade was out of the league last year and there were over 10 defensive coordinators hired. No one wanted him.

He's done well where he's gone, but always gets the boot. He inherited a great team in Denver and, to his credit, built a great scheme with it.

But to act like he's the second coming right now...

The man didn't wear a headset as our coach. No idea what was going on.

He's like Buddy Ryan, great coordinator, just not built to be a coach. Pry the same with Rex

Holy crap are people short sighted. Wade was out of the league last year and there were over 10 defensive coordinators hired. No one wanted him.

He's done well where he's gone, but always gets the boot. He inherited a great team in Denver and, to his credit, built a great scheme with it.

But to act like he's the second coming right now...

The man didn't wear a headset as our coach. No idea what was going on.

He's like Buddy Ryan, great coordinator, just not built to be a coach. Pry the same with Rex

He was wearing one tonight and...BOOYA!

with out a QB probably not far, if we only drafted Drew Brees we could have won some SBs

He was wearing one tonight and...BOOYA!

don't need those new fangled things around here!

You guys really think coaching had that much to do with the Broncos win last night? (Serious, not sarcastic, question).

note that the Broncos had the no. 3 defense last year.

Absolutely! It's a perfect blend of talent and scheme.

@PFF

#BroncosDEN.png Defense notched 35 total pressures in #SB50SB50.png alone. 103 across just 3 playoff games.

I hope you were taking notes watching DE's drop into coverage for both teams

Von Miller is listed as weighing 237 pounds.

Mario is listed at 290, sometimes 295. Dareus probably weighs 350, and I believe this. He is at the very least 330 and I doubt that very much.

There is a huge difference between Von Miller and Williams/Dareus dropping into coverage.

Rex didn't have his team rushing the passer like Wade did. The Broncos probably had more sacks in the post season than we had in half a season. But Marcel DID show a few nice ballet moves!

You guys really think coaching had that much to do with the Broncos win last night? (Serious, not sarcastic, question).

note that the Broncos had the no. 3 defense last year.

Compare the defenses under Pettine and Schwartz to Rex's with similar personnel? Having talent is one thing and using it properly is another. Good coaches allow the talent to be expressed. While coaches like Rex want their players to express what he wants to do. Complicating a simple concept is not the smart thing to do.

Von Miller is listed as weighing 237 pounds.

Mario is listed at 290, sometimes 295. Dareus probably weighs 350, and I believe this. He is at the very least 330 and I doubt that very much.

There is a huge difference between Von Miller and Williams/Dareus dropping into coverage.

Rex didn't have his team rushing the passer like Wade did. The Broncos probably had more sacks in the post season than we had in half a season. But Marcel DID show a few nice ballet moves!

You may want to listen to Wade's interview with John Murphy last week.

I won't hold that against him anymore. That's a tough one. Defying the owner isn't a good career path either. Ancient history, but if I could chose between the two guys today....no brainier for me.

Until proven otherwise I'd say wade has proven himself to be the better HC and the better DC. That said both seem better suited to the later than the former.