Wade vs Rex

Mikie2times

Holy crap are people short sighted. Wade was out of the league last year and there were over 10 defensive coordinators hired. No one wanted him.

He's done well where he's gone, but always gets the boot. He inherited a great team in Denver and, to his credit, built a great scheme with it.

But to act like he's the second coming right now...

The man didn't wear a headset as our coach. No idea what was going on.

He's like Buddy Ryan, great coordinator, just not built to be a coach. Pry the same with Rex

I think he is a better DC then Rex wen it comes to molding schemes to players strengths.

I feel that Wade is one of the most underappreciated coaches in the NFL.

He did win the "assistant coach of the year" award this year tho. its just the media isnt talking about it too busy with peyton retiring the Defenses crazy plays and Cams sad presser

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest difference between Rex and Wade is that Philiips has proven to be considerably more flexible and able to be successful with the pieces that he has. I guarantee you, if Wade had taken over the Bills defence in 2015, there wouldn't have been such a sizable drop off. Wade's success as a defensive coach has spanned nearly 40 years. During that time, he routinely had top 10 defenses despite the many rule changes he has seen in his days, Hell, remember when he overhauled the Bills defense at the bye week and turned them form a 3-4 to a 4-3, without missing a beat? Rex has a long way to go, in my opinion, before he can be compared to Wade.

As a head coach, his results weren't nearly as bad as people make them out to be. His overall record was 82-64 (.562). He coached 8 full seasons, finishing below .500 only once (7-9), one season at .500 (he was 8-8 in his last season with Buffalo), and finished with double digit victory totals 6 times. Hid playoff record is where his problems lie...1-5.

The biggest difference between Rex and Wade is that Philiips has proven to be considerably more flexible and able to be successful with the pieces that he has. I guarantee you, if Wade had taken over the Bills defence in 2015, there wouldn't have been such a sizable drop off. Wade's success as a defensive coach has spanned nearly 40 years. During that time, he routinely had top 10 defenses despite the many rule changes he has seen in his days, Hell, remember when he overhauled the Bills defense at the bye week and turned them form a 3-4 to a 4-3, without missing a beat? Rex has a long way to go, in my opinion, before he can be compared to Wade.

As a head coach, his results weren't nearly as bad as people make them out to be. His overall record was 82-64 (.562). He coached 8 full seasons, finishing below .500 only once (7-9), one season at .500 (he was 8-8 in his last season with Buffalo), and finished with double digit victory totals 6 times. Hid playoff record is where his problems lie...1-5.

83-63. You know what I'm referring to. Don't let the NFL record books fool you.

Great interview on the pregame. Happy for Son of Bum.

Wife remarked "I hope Rex is taking notes." when Ware talked about how well drilled they are and how simple the game plan is.

I hope so too. But, IMO Rex's ego is way too big to think he isn't doing it right OR he wants to prove his way is the right way. So, probably not taking notes. Edited by Manther