• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol goes to show how often I watch the Pro Bowl

Called it!

CBF

FYI Darby is likely a Pro Bowler.

(The craziest thing is that With Flacco, Manning, Brees, Luck all having bad years Tyrod could get an alternate Pro Bowl Nod after the Injuries and the Super Bowl QBs can't make it)

I called it first!

Great! I'm really happy for Tyrod and Eric. It's kind of depressing that there's any negativity on this thread.

The only negativity is how it might affect contract negotiations. I'm happy TT played well and look for continued development from him (before I'd consider giving him a big new deal).

Congrats to Eric Wood on his first trip!! I thought that this was his best year.

Also, how in the world did someone decide that Brent Grimes belongs? He is TERRIBLE!!

A mobile QB does wonders to cover up a poor center.

More than any other position because that fear of over-pursuit......and the subsequent gashing up the middle.......like Tyrod executed repeatedly against the Titans.....is enough to stop pass rushing DT's/LB's in their tracks.

Jerry Ostroski was once a journeyman turd who was LOATHED by Bills fans........but once Flutie got behind Jerry O he became an effective center.

This was the main reason I was rooting for Tyrod to win the starting job from the moment they signed him.

I was vocal about that here and it would be self-congratulatory to just attibute Wood's season to that..........but Wood was actually better than that.

After last season I suggested on TSW that Wood find a good HGH supplier when he was in Mexico vacationing with Ortion and Urbik........and maybe he did.........but he really was excellent this year. Remarkable turnaround.

You are absolutely right that it was his best season and by a considerable margin.

Can't be our Eric Wood. Why, I've read right here in these very parts, the learned opinions of TBD football savants themselves, that Eric Wood just isn't a very good center. At all.

all of the sudden the guy went insane hair on fire lights out level of play that was fairly good by the end. He pulled up from a nose dive right in time

Credit to Wood for turning himself around. I think having upgraded guard play helped him. I'm not sure anyone would look good stuck between Urbik and Pears.... clowns to left of me jokers to the right indeed.....

Congrats to Tyrod too, and it is a travesty it took Incognito alternate votes for him to make it. Outstanding year for the most part.

Credit to Wood for turning himself around. I think having upgraded guard play helped him. I'm not sure anyone would look good stuck between Urbik and Pears.... clowns to left of me jokers to the right indeed.....

It's a popular take but I don't see it.

Marrone's blocking scheme was simple mano-a-mano so you really got to see whether an OL could get a push and Wood was just plain getting his assswhipped to a pulp week after week.

Roman's system put the OL on the offensive and gave them angles into their blocks.......just far more blocker-friendly approach in an era where there is so much physical talent to contend with on NFL D-Lines.