Bills going to the Pro Bowl

Well, getting named All Pro is far more legit and comes with no money. Getting 30 or 60K for a two hand touch pickup game/picnic and a family vacation is pretty sweet for these guys. No one cares who's not there because of the SB. Lets other guys who wouldn't have made it take a nice trip.

All pro is definitely more legit, at least for non-first timers. And there's no game involved. If they want to get more players to show up, move it back to after the SB and pay them real money, especially for winning. Otherwise just dump it because it's not a true Pro Bowl.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Sam Bradford gonna qb the nfc ?

So we are all set at qb ? I'm not buying it yet. He pooped the bed a few times, everyone kinda forgets those games for some reason.

You mean like Carson Palmer did? Please start a list of QBs who never had a bad day. It must be extensive.

Maybe they need a spectacle outside stadium so hoping he brings his wife?

That is all that I can think of.

All pro is definitely more legit, at least for non-first timers. And there's no game involved. If they want to get more players to show up, move it back to after the SB and pay them real money, especially for winning. Otherwise just dump it because it's not a true Pro Bowl.

The way to get people involved is to involve the charities that they are passionate about. That is how you get players to do ANYTHING. They hate things like autograph signings (especially for adults), pictures, sponsor events, etc... If you are able to tie an event to their charity they are all for it. Maybe something like $100K donation to your charity for winning the game and $50K for the losing team? You could even offer a $1M bonus to the charity of the game's MVP. That would raise the level of participation and competition.

Does anyone care who shows up? Or wins? No---so why pay them more to do either? It's not a real game so they don't deserve "real money".

We are NOT in search of a starting QB. I would say that there is an 85% chance that Tyrod is the starter here for at least the next 3 seasons and 100% chance (if healthy) that he is starting next year.

Are you more confident in the QB situation entering the 2015 season or the 2016 season?

2016. 3 years ? That's bold imo. Hopefully you're right and he opens it up a bit.

Depends what 'all set' means. They're all set for opening day starter and they're not going to spend big coin on a FA.

Only question for me is, do they look to draft a QB in rounds 2-5.

I don't mind a 2nd or 3rd he comes with some risk, mainly holding the ball too long and injury risk from run game

You mean like Carson Palmer did? Please start a list of QBs who never had a bad day. It must be extensive.

Yes Tyrod's just like Carson Palmer minus 100 yards a game and the ability to read the field.

2016. 3 years ? That's bold imo. Hopefully you're right and he opens it up a bit.

I don't mind a 2nd or 3rd he comes with some risk, mainly holding the ball too long and injury risk from run game

Yes Tyrod's just like Carson Palmer minus 100 yards a game and the ability to read the field.

Talk to the Pro Bowl roster spot.

It's really not that bold. The Bills have a 26 year-old QB who has produced everywhere that he has been. He turned his 1st starting campaign into a Pro Bowl bid. Why do you think it is bold to predict that guy will be starting for the next 3 years? If you were to get odds in Vegas on that, it would definitely be more than 50/50. Bold would be thinking that he falls apart because he showed progression throughout the year.

It's surprises me that people swear by guys that have done nothing but doubt guys that have done something. It is really odd. There is a chasm between the QBs on this roster but some people still like to downplay the starter to somehow justify their allegiance to the guy who shouldn't be named. If that QB just did what Tyrod did you would be screaming from a rooftop to lock him up forever!! At no point has that guy done anything close to what Taylor just did but he was vehemently defended by some. It makes absolutely no sense.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

And that's what really sucks about having the PB before the SB...The majority of players in the pro bowl are on the SB teams, so now, you have the 4th or 5th alternates in some cases playing. And when i comes time to negotiate a contract, the price i jacked up because this guys a "pro bowl" player...even though it's a joke of game, any agent would play that card...

The NFL Pro Bowl has become the biggest joke in professional sports.... makes the NBA All Star game look like a cage match. Why don't they just name the team, have an event like the Oscars, show a bunch of best of film , a red carpet, interviews and be done with it?? the ratings are terrible, no one watches it, it needs to go away. No one cares. Period. Watch TT tear up his knee and set us back another 3 years.

The NFL Pro Bowl has become the biggest joke in professional sports.... makes the NBA All Star game look like a cage match. Why don't they just name the team, have an event like the Oscars, show a bunch of best of film , a red carpet, interviews and be done with it?? the ratings are terrible, no one watches it, it needs to go away. No one cares. Period. Watch TT tear up his knee and set us back another 3 years.

See, there is a silver lining for Tyrod haters.

It's really not that bold. The Bills have a 26 year-old QB who has produced everywhere that he has been. He turned his 1st starting campaign into a Pro Bowl bid. Why do you think it is bold to predict that guy will be starting for the next 3 years? If you were to get odds in Vegas on that, it would definitely be more than 50/50. Bold would be thinking that he falls apart because he showed progression throughout the year.

It's surprises me that people swear by guys that have done nothing but doubt guys that have done something. It is really odd. There is a chasm between the QBs on this roster but some people still like to downplay the starter to somehow justify there allegiance to the guy who shouldn't be named. If that QB just did what Tyrod did you would be screaming from a rooftop to lock him up forever!! At no point has that guy done anything close to what Taylor just did but he was vehemently defended by some. It makes absolutely no sense.

For so many people their opinion is based off where a player is drafted and if someone else said they were good. If Taylor had been drafted in the first or second round and produced like he did this year as a rookie, every Bills fan would be filled with a ton of optimism. The fact that Taylor came by trade and was a late round pick means he has a lower ceiling for some. I honestly have no idea if we have seen Taylor's best ball, i think he has shown he WANTS to learn and improve and showed some modest improvement as the season went along.

For so many people their opinion is based off where a player is drafted and if someone else said they were good. If Taylor had been drafted in the first or second round and produced like he did this year as a rookie, every Bills fan would be filled with a ton of optimism. The fact that Taylor came by trade and was a late round pick means he has a lower ceiling for some. I honestly have no idea if we have seen Taylor's best ball, i think he has shown he WANTS to learn and improve and showed some modest improvement as the season went along.

He was never some project either. Maybe some people don't realize that he was the #3 QB recruit in the country as a senior in high school and was the ACC player of the year. Tyrod has produced at every level. It would be different if he were one of those guys that was just raw physical tools but never the production to match (like Logan Thomas).

Talk to the Pro Bowl roster spot.

Why, I'd rather continue to talk with the homer who thinks every bills player is the goat and gets emotional when recapping the season.

Tyrods good. Just not good enough to beat Bradford, cousins, bellychex's d, 24 combined points vs Titans/gmen, or the ultimate game manager Alex Smiff.

But hey. It's all good. Obviously. We beat Hoyer, Fitz, and Kellen Moore. Playoffs baby playoffs.

Why, I'd rather continue to talk with the homer who thinks every bills player is the goat and gets emotional when recapping the season.

Tyrods good. Just not good enough to beat Bradford, cousins, bellychex's d, 24 combined points vs Titans/gmen, or the ultimate game manager Alex Smiff.

But hey. It's all good. Obviously. We beat Hoyer, Fitz, and Kellen Moore. Playoffs baby playoffs.

Brady lost to Tannehill, Fitzpatrick and a washed up Peyton Manning in his last 4 starts. He lost to Bradford as well. What's your point?

This is the exact ridiculous argument that the same 5 people try to make to somehow justify their ridiculous sentiment that Tyrod shouldn't have been playing. It looks even more ridiculous in hindsight. If the Bills would have started someone other than Tyrod they would have won 4 games (if they were lucky). He was 8-6. He was a part of the solution (and a big part of it) not part of the problem.

And Luck (Before he was injured). Oh wait I forgot he sucks now... and Mariota

Credit to Wood for turning himself around. I think having upgraded guard play helped him. I'm not sure anyone would look good stuck between Urbik and Pears.... clowns to left of me jokers to the right indeed.....

Congrats to Tyrod too, and it is a travesty it took Incognito alternate votes for him to make it. Outstanding year for the most part.

Fair point and great reference! Now if I could just get Kedric Golston picking him up and throwing him around like a rag doll on second and then third and goal from the two out of my mind, I might agree he is a decent center.

Second and goal. As awful as the Bills played, they still could have won if they cashed in from the 1 late in the second quarter. On second and 1, Washington defensive tackle Kedric Golston picked up Bills center Eric Wood and threw him to the ground, which slowed LeSean McCoy’s run off left guard. McCoy was stopped just short of the goal line. The Bills actually had good push off the left side of the line.

Third and goal. Golston pushed Wood back again off the snap, and that created a big gap that Will Compton crashed through to tackle McCoy. Richie Incognito couldn’t get a piece of Compton, because the linebacker had such an open gap to attack.

Great! I'm really happy for Tyrod and Eric. It's kind of depressing that there's any negativity on this thread.

Rite? IDC tho. haters gon hate. thats life.

It is kind of funny that those 5 people have been pretty much disarmed. One of them just stopped coming here. The other 4 just pick and choose ridiculous altered stats and point to them. They look for the stats that will make him look the worst and build their case around that. It is really stupid actually.

Here is the list of Bills QBs (prior to this year) to have played in the last dozen Pro Bowls:

LOL! TT haters are applying burn heal as we speak