Belichick coached his team out of the superbowl

Webster Guy

The Huge Mistake by The Smug One this season:

He chooses to kick to the Jets in overtime, which is ridiculously poor judgement unless there is a major wind or weather issue. (there was zero wind and it was a 60 degree December day). The Jets score on the Fitz throw to Decker, the Pats lose without Brady every seeing the field, and in the process lose home field advantage throughout. Instead of playing at home with their crowd, they must travel thousands of miles and play against a great defense in high altitude with crazy crowd noise.

The score was close enough to say that home field was likely the deciding factor. Pete Carroll now has to hand over the title of "I overcoached my team out of a superbowl" to Bill, which Petey won last year trying to get cute with a passing call from the Patriots 1 yard line in the superbowl.

Conveniently, I hit the daily double of pure joy in knowing that my two most hated coaches, Whiny Pete and Smug Bill, both screwed up royally in back to back years messing up complete no-brainer game decisions and costing them the entire season.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA............................... dopes

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could also argue going for it with 6 and change was an error. Kick the field goal there and they probably win on their last possession

I thought that at the time. It was the wrong call. The Denver defense had spooked him and he was thinking "we might not get down here again." The one with 2 and a bit left and with a 4 and 1 then sure - go for it. But with 6 and change you kick the darn field goal and then play defense it wasn't like Denver was killing them offensively.

I listened to that part on the radio and the radio announcers were freaking out at that decision.

I also think the coach who can walk on water froze in the final minute of the superbowl last year and if Carroll didn't blow it, all the attention would have been on belicheat

I also think the coach who can walk on water froze in the final minute of the superbowl last year and if Carroll didn't blow it, all the attention would have been on belicheat

I don't think he did at all I think he went with his gut. I think in that moment when his DC was on the headset screaming about a time out Belichick had the letting Bradshaw score flashing through his mind and he just thought "the only way we win this is with our defense" and he didn't want to give Seattle any breaks to sit and think things through. I thought it was one of the great moments of coaching against the textbook and getting it right.

There were several errors, taking the ball, not kicking a FG, not bringing in an extra TE (Chandler) to chip the outside rusher or at least force him into a wider rush etc. Great job by Wade.

Yep. For as much rare fun as it was to watch Brady get the crap knocked out of him all day long, it was the Patriot's* game to lose -and they did.

There were several errors, taking the ball, not kicking a FG, not bringing in an extra TE (Chandler) to chip the outside rusher or at least force him into a wider rush etc. Great job by Wade.

Take notes Ryan Bros. !!

Wade played a fantastic game against Brady ,and his players gave it their all.

Take notes Ryan Bros. !!

Wade played a fantastic game against Brady ,and his players gave it their all.

Brady vs Bills - 13 hits, 11 hurries, 1 INT (plus 1 negated by penalty), 20 pts, 18 1st downs, 1 TD, 35.1 qbr (no Mario) at home

Brady vs Broncos -16 hits, 18 hurries, 2 INT, 18 pts, 20 1st downs, 1 TD, 56.4 qbr on the road

It isn't as if it was night and day. likely, Wade was the one who took notes from Rex's MNF D as well.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Gronk was struggling with the altitude, the o-line was terrible, the 4th down fail with 6 minutes, taking the opening kickoff, Tommy getting smoked, receivers getting drilled when hit.

All in all a perfect game!

I don't know the answer, but it's out there...what was the YAC yesterday vs the average game? Seems like receivers were getting dropped in their tracks.

I honestly think that we saw an end of an era with these 2 qbs yesterday. Neither one looked good & my guess is Manning is going to have a tough time with that Carolina defense in 2 weeks. Manning is nuts if he comes back next year & I think your going to start to see a steep decline in Brady's performance going into next season. He has knocked around in these past 2 months more than I have ever seen. It also seems Like the refs for the most part have put the whistle away when it comes to late hits on Brady. Fathertime has yet to be beaten. Manning for the most part this year was terrible. He simply can't make the plays he needs to make anymore. He missed guys open yesterday down the middle for tds that a few years ago he makes in his sleep. Brady, the blue print is out on how to beat him. His line is a mess & you need to hit him early & often. There were some throws I thought he could of stepped into but was throwing off his back foot because he was concerned with the rush.

Brady vs Bills - 13 hits, 11 hurries, 1 INT (plus 1 negated by penalty), 20 pts, 18 1st downs, 1 TD, 35.1 qbr (no Mario) at home

Brady vs Broncos -16 hits, 18 hurries, 2 INT, 18 pts, 20 1st downs, 1 TD, 56.4 qbr on the road

It isn't as if it was night and day. likely, Wade was the one who took notes from Rex's MNF D as well.

What about that other game where we weren't aggressive

Take the field goal down 8 with 6 minutes left? :wallbash: :wallbash: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :doh: :doh:

It was the right call to go for it.

They had 1 Touchdown the whole game. ( which was a gift from the Broncos )

Edited by fredex22

Excellent points! I think you are correct it was our gameplan taken to another level. We can also learn from what Wade did.

I honestly think that we saw an end of an era with these 2 qbs yesterday. Neither one looked good & my guess is Manning is going to have a tough time with that Carolina defense in 2 weeks. Manning is nuts if he comes back next year & I think your going to start to see a steep decline in Brady's performance going into next season. He has knocked around in these past 2 months more than I have ever seen. It also seems Like the refs for the most part have put the whistle away when it comes to late hits on Brady. Fathertime has yet to be beaten. Manning for the most part this year was terrible. He simply can't make the plays he needs to make anymore. He missed guys open yesterday down the middle for tds that a few years ago he makes in his sleep. Brady, the blue print is out on how to beat him. His line is a mess & you need to hit him early & often. There were some throws I thought he could of stepped into but was throwing off his back foot because he was concerned with the rush.

The thought actually crossed my mind as well. At 38, Brady and the Pats future doesn't look as good as the past.

You could also argue going for it with 6 and change was an error. Kick the field goal there and they probably win on their last possession

You go for the points. That's what cost them.

BTW I was on a plane going from NH to Orlando and everyone had the game on their phones, tablets and laptops. You should have heard the collective cheers to groans, then whining. :lol:

Edited by PromoTheRobot