Bills hire first full time female assistant coach

Peter

i am not taking "solace" in anything. How does "solace" pertain to seeing positive things about the hire? Or simply not looking at it as a negative just because you don't like Rex? If you read through the thread you will see several people describe what the role is responsible for. It is very clear. How would I or anyone know what kind of influence the role has on making the playoffs? It is a low level coaching role. However that didn't stop some from bashing it because since she has only been part of one playoff team in 6 years, regardless of her part in the organization, that must mean she could not be any good at this position that she has never had before. Hilarious.

Yolo don't feed the trolls. People like this will find negativity in everything Rex does, instead of realizing this is a normal process in football, fire an asst coach and hire another one. The reason this is a story is because he hired a female. Obviously the poster just wants to find negativity in it instead of just seeing it for what it really is, which is a personnel move.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yolo don't feed the trolls. People like this will find negativity in everything Rex does, instead of realizing this is a normal process in football, fire an asst coach and hire another one. The reason this is a story is because he hired a female. Obviously the poster just wants to find negativity in it instead of just seeing it for what it really is, which is a personnel move.

yeah, it's sad. I'm over it. I should have known as soon as he finally got to asking what the job entailed after the ranting.

i am not taking "solace" in anything. How does "solace" pertain to seeing positive things about the hire? Or simply not looking at it as a negative just because you don't like Rex? If you read through the thread you will see several people describe what the role is responsible for. It is very clear. How would I or anyone know what kind of influence the role has on making the playoffs? It is a low level coaching role. However that didn't stop some from bashing it because since she has only been part of one playoff team in 6 years, regardless of her part in the organization, that must mean she could not be any good at this position that she has never had before. Hilarious.

This is hilarious that you would use the "How would anyone know" argument for a QUALITY CONTROL COACH... Only on the Internet would such a nonsensical retort be possible... Hilarious indeed the level that we have reached as an organization that we are even having this discussion. And note I am not "bashing the hire". It you said yourself it is a "low level coaching role", I view it as benign. I am just pointing out that REX does his best in the off season grabbing the headlines and once the season starts he has become a laughing stock as coach. That is my point and it isn't a point derived from his one year of coaching the Bills. Enjoy the Off Season.

What am I missing here? What has Rex Ryan done in his time with the Bills to instill so much confidence in you? Are you the type that simply can hit reset year after year as if the prior 16 years didn't happen? If so can you share your secret for doing so as I am extremely jealous and feel that is exactly the way I would want to be as a Bills fan.

This is hilarious that you would use the "How would anyone know" argument for a QUALITY CONTROL COACH... Only on the Internet would such a nonsensical retort be possible... Hilarious indeed the level that we have reached as an organization that we are even having this discussion. And note I am not "bashing the hire". It you said yourself it is a "low level coaching role", I view it as benign. I am just pointing out that REX does his best in the off season grabbing the headlines and once the season starts he has become a laughing stock as coach. That is my point and it isn't a point derived from his one year of coaching the Bills. Enjoy the Off Season.

What am I missing here? What has Rex Ryan done in his time with the Bills to instill so much confidence in you? Are you the type that simply can hit reset year after year as if the prior 16 years didn't happen? If so can you share your secret for doing so as I am extremely jealous and feel that is exactly the way I would want to be as a Bills fan.

again, please review the role of the Quality Control before ranting about it. Then you will (maybe) understand.

And I am sorry to see that things have gotten so bad that you have to take solace in the fact that the Bills hired a woman Special Teams quality control coach. What does that even mean? Why is a Special Teams quality control coach even do? Do you think that her hire will get us to the playoffs next year?

You must be the life of the parties

OMG, I can't believe no one has accused Russ Brandon yet of orchestrating this hire to boost season ticket sales with women. You people are slipping.

nope....this is Rex trying to score points with Kim.

as far as ticket sales go, based on this thread, I think they lost a few.

Edited by papazoid

OMG, I can't believe no one has accused Russ Brandon yet of orchestrating this hire to boost season ticket sales with women. You people are slipping.

Well, like Russ, she is from the Syracuse area. Even went to the same high school, though at different times. So it's possible they know each other's families.

Not sure how much screen time a Special Teams Quality Control Coach will get. Quality Control coaches usually just write reports and work with the scout team. I'm not even sure we will have a scout team for special teams.

At least as much screen time as a seventh round pick who is barely good enough to play in the CFL.

This is why Rex Ryan is Bill Belichick/Vince Lombardi of the OFF SEASON. He makes headlines during Championship weekend and regained the female fans and the uber politically correct amongst us who grew to despise him after his destruction of our defense this past off season. Guy is a hall of fame coach if he didn't have to field a team to actually play games.

Rah Rah Rah.. Sis Boom Bah. Go Bills!!! The fact that we are even talking about this benign hire proves my point. REX OWNS THE OFF-SEASON!!!

And I am sorry to see that things have gotten so bad that you have to take solace in the fact that the Bills hired a woman Special Teams quality control coach. What does that even mean? Why is a Special Teams quality control coach even do? Do you think that her hire will get us to the playoffs next year?

Look at your responses, you're the one blowing this up like this is some creative move by Rex to "win the offseason". This whole thing can be broken down into 2 parts. The Bills fired the previous coach, and replaced him with a female (part 2). That's it. This isn't some attempt to win the offseason. it's being discussed because it's a historical moment in the NFL that our team is involved in.

Edited by MarkAF43

when a man coaches a woman's team....no one blinks.

should be the same reaction when a woman coaches a men's team.

she is taking the same path to coaching that hundreds of men have taken before her. she has paid her dues.

congrats and good luck to her.

This is a negative referendum on Rex Ryan that he hired a female coach with 14 years of NFL experience to be a QC coach?

As this thread gets longer, her so does her resume, apparently. I wouldn't say that she is following the same path as hundreds before her. Even the guy she replaced played football all his life and was a 5th round pick who made it briefly to 4 NFL rosters. Her "14 years of NFL experience" includes 4 as a special events/scouting intern. 7 as an assistant in the Jets personnel department and a few as a HC's secretary.

I see nothing wrong with this hire--after all, she will be assisting Crossman and HIS assistant. If they want to call that a coach, then fine. No need to get carried away.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Look at your responses, you're the one blowing this up like this is some creative move by Rex to "win the offseason". This whole thing can be broken down into 2 parts. The Bills fired the previous coach, and replaced him with a female (part 2). That's it. This isn't some attempt to win the offseason. it's being discussed because it's a historical moment in the NFL that our team is involved in.

My list of blocks is getting a little longer after some of the responses. Thanks to you and Yolo for keeping it sane.

End of the day folks, this woman has been working for the Jets for 12 years and worked under Ryan there for 6. He knows what he's getting from her and quite frankly the special teams last season was anything but special. I'm not sure you can say that it's going to be meaningful in the W/L column, but at least the Bills front office isn't stuck in some misogynistic stone age where only men can coach men. It's ridiculous to say the least. This isn't a headline grab or an attempt to get attention. Rex worked with her before, knows what she brings to the table and put her in a position where the team needed help. If this were a guy, we would be saying "look...Rex hired Bob Smith, who he worked with previously with the Jets for 6 years and he's getting a little bit of a promotion." It would be no big deal. Good move on the equality front, but otherwise wouldn't be news worthy.