Bills hire first full time female assistant coach

Peter

HBO must be foaming at the mouth for the Bills to be on Hard Knocks now

CBF

Not sure how much screen time a Special Teams Quality Control Coach will get. Quality Control coaches usually just write reports and work with the scout team. I'm not even sure we will have a scout team for special teams.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am fine with it. But, please stop trying to reinvent the wheel and just win. Rex is always trying to reinvent and change things to his way to show he is better for the reason of trying to prove he is better. Be better by winning!!

If she was Rex's assistant....Rex did a poor job. What part of the poor job was she responsible for that earned her a promotion?

Right?

We were terrible last year and Rex has more control of the circus?

Coach and win Rex! Dennis Thurman will be a great HC in the league and then you demote him? Results matter Rex!! He hasn't won in this League in 5 years. Adapt, evolve and improve or you will be left in the rear view mirror.

Right! She has been with Rex 6 years now and part of no winning seasons since her first. Changing culture.

I am not saying a woman shouldn't anything. I am saying Rex and his side shows seem more important than him working, planning, teaching, doing his job and ultimately winning.

I hope it's his last season or he changes and turns things around.

Win Rex! Win against good teams! Go 10-6! Make the playoffs! Be a doer and not a talker!

Rex fired a ST quality control coach, Michael Hamlin. Smith is replacing him. How is that a "side show"? Rex has "more control of the circus?" He's the HC and like every team, he has always had control of his coaching staff. Don't really understand all the negativity behind your comments as it relates to this hire. I understand you do not like Rex, but just because they didn't make the playoffs this year doesn't mean every single thing he does is wrong. Have some sense.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Hey if she is able to give valuable insight in breaking down film, why get so misogynistic about the whole thing? There is a former poster from this board who could run circles around most of us on breaking down games, she is a sportswriter who is very intelligent and well spoken and would be able to put most of our armchair QB reviews to shame. If anything I am more twisted that Crossman remains on the staff than the addition of Kathryn Smith.

Edited by Guffalo

I am fine with it. But, please stop trying to reinvent the wheel and just win. Rex is always trying to reinvent and change things to his way to show he is better for the reason of trying to prove he is better. Be better by winning!!

If she was Rex's assistant....Rex did a poor job. What part of the poor job was she responsible for that earned her a promotion?

Right?

We were terrible last year and Rex has more control of the circus?

Coach and win Rex! Dennis Thurman will be a great HC in the league and then you demote him? Results matter Rex!! He hasn't won in this League in 5 years. Adapt, evolve and improve or you will be left in the rear view mirror.

Right! She has been with Rex 6 years now and part of no winning seasons since her first. Changing culture.

I am not saying a woman shouldn't anything. I am saying Rex and his side shows seem more important than him working, planning, teaching, doing his job and ultimately winning.

I hope it's his last season or he changes and turns things around.

Win Rex! Win against good teams! Go 10-6! Make the playoffs! Be a doer and not a talker!

Do you really think that Kathryn Smith's administrative role on the Jets and Bills played a part in their record? Or that the Quality Control coach on any unit is to blame? This is a negative referendum on Rex Ryan that he hired a female coach with 14 years of NFL experience to be a QC coach? One of the stranger posts I've seen, sorry. I also don't understand the part of the Bills being "terrible"... they finished .500 and were in the playoff race into late December. Interesting perspective. I am a Browns fan. The Browns were "terrible." The Bills were "pretty good, but not good enough." Just my own very humble opinion, of course.

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

... they finished .500 and were in the playoff race into late December.

LOL. When the Bills lost to KC, for all intents and purposes they were out of the playoff race. Only the most optimistic, most ill-informed, drunk, blinders & rose-colored glasses on fanatic person thought they could still make it. That's not to say that there weren't a lot of those folks around here though.

Special Teams help DESP. needed. Hopefully replaces Crossman. She has been in the business for years. A qualified hire unlike the "grandstanding" hires made in some other circles.

HBO must be foaming at the mouth for the Bills to be on Hard Knocks now

CBF

Oh, we are def on Hard Knocks. We were before, we def are now.

LOL. When the Bills lost to KC, for all intents and purposes they were out of the playoff race. Only the most optimistic, most ill-informed, drunk, blinders & rose-colored glasses on fanatic person thought they could still make it. That's not to say that there weren't a lot of those folks around here though.

I'm not a Bills fan, or any of those things. I do follow the NFL and seemed like they were in it to me. My apologies.

This is why Rex Ryan is Bill Belichick/Vince Lombardi of the OFF SEASON. He makes headlines during Championship weekend and regained the female fans and the uber politically correct amongst us who grew to despise him after his destruction of our defense this past off season. Guy is a hall of fame coach if he didn't have to field a team to actually play games.

This is why Rex Ryan is Bill Belichick/Vince Lombardi of the OFF SEASON. He makes headlines during Championship weekend and regained the female fans and the uber politically correct amongst us who grew to despise him after his destruction of our defense this past off season. Guy is a hall of fame coach if he didn't have to field a team to actually play games.

"regained female fans and uber politically correct"? Quite a strong statement. Do you need to be one of those to positively recognize the hire? If someone wasn't a Bills fan before or a Rex fan before, do you think that now they are because he hired a female QC coach? I don't. As for the timing - this is when all NFL coaches are being hired around the league. Should he have held off until after the super bowl just so he doesn't take any headlines away from "SuperCam goes to Wafflehouse" or "Brady vs Manning v eleventy billion could be totally different this time, ya'll"...Or maybe just wait until the offseason is over completely, so he isn't accused of trying to own the offseason? Or maybe he should just handle it like any other coaching hire. Like he did. Edited by YoloinOhio

"regained female fans and uber politically correct"? Quite a strong statement. Do you need to be one of those to positively recognize the hire? If someone wasn't a Bills fan before or a Rex fan before, do you think that now they are because he hired a female QC coach? I don't. As for the timing - this is when all NFL coaches are being hired around the league. Should he have held off until after the super bowl just so he doesn't take any headlines away from "SuperCam goes to Wafflehouse" or "Brady vs Manning v eleventy billion could be totally different ya'll"...Or maybe just wait until the offseason is over completely, so he isn't accused of trying to own the offseason? Or maybe he should just handle it like any other coaching hire. Like he did.

Rah Rah Rah.. Sis Boom Bah. Go Bills!!! The fact that we are even talking about this benign hire proves my point. REX OWNS THE OFF-SEASON!!!

Rah Rah Rah.. Sis Boom Bah. Go Bills!!! The fact that we are even talking about this benign hire proves my point. REX OWNS THE OFF-SEASON!!!

it is being talked about around the nation because it is historical. And not in a negative way. Sorry you can't see that.

Has Bucky Gleason chimed in about how women don't belong as coaches in the NFL and how Kathryn Smith isn't as nice as everyone thinks she is?

New by Bucky Gleason: "Top 10 reasons why Kathryn Smith is in over her head" Edited by YoloinOhio

it is being talked about around the nation because it is historical. And not in a negative way. Sorry you can't see that.

New by Bucky Gleason: "Top 10 reasons why Kathryn Smith is in over her head"

And I am sorry to see that things have gotten so bad that you have to take solace in the fact that the Bills hired a woman Special Teams quality control coach. What does that even mean? Why is a Special Teams quality control coach even do? Do you think that her hire will get us to the playoffs next year?

And I am sorry to see that things have gotten so bad that you have to take solace in the fact that the Bills hired a woman Special Teams quality control coach. What does that even mean? Why is a Special Teams quality control coach even do? Do you think that her hire will get us to the playoffs next year?

i am not taking "solace" in anything. How does "solace" pertain to seeing positive things about the hire? Or simply not looking at it as a negative just because you don't like Rex? If you read through the thread you will see several people describe what the role is responsible for. It is very clear. How would I or anyone know what kind of influence the role has on making the playoffs? It is a low level coaching role. However that didn't stop some from bashing it because since she has only been part of one playoff team in 6 years, regardless of her part in the organization, that must mean she could not be any good at this position that she has never had before. Hilarious.

In no way has anyone here or any media tried to make this into anything more than it is like you are, demanding to know if this will get the Bills to the playoffs. It's an agenda that makes no sense to me. No one is claiming it is that. It's progress in hiring a qualified female into a previously male dominated role. This is normally looked at in a positive light, simply for what it is. You seem to be unable to see that side of it.

Edited by YoloinOhio