Larry Fitzgerald Total Class Act...

Big Turk

Not only did Larry Fitzgerald pretty much put the Cardinals on his back and lead them to victory against Green Bay last night while Carson Palmer and The Arizona defense did their best to give the game away, what the did after the game was a total class act, giving a shout out to Chris Mortensen during his post game interview on national TV saying "Morton, wanted to tell you we're thinking about you and fight baby...love you Morton".

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/1/17/10781834/larry-fitzgerald-chris-mortensen-cancer-vine

Fitzgerald exemplifies everything right with the game, much like FredEx did with the Bills. Class Act, clutch performer, and a great player---in fitzgerald's case a likely Hall of Fame performer. He steps up big in the playoffs too...in 8 career playoff games, Fitzgerald has gone over 100 yards 5 times and scored 10 TDs, including his best last night, a 176 yard, game winning TD in OT, put the team on my back, do everything performance including an unbelievable 75 yard catch and run in OT where he literally darted and weaved his way through the entire Green Bay defense leaving Packer defenders looking like the Keystone Kops trying to tackle him.

Cardinal fans and the NFL in general should be looking at this guy and praying more players follow his example instead of players like Vontaze Burfict and Pacman Jones...

Always thought very highly of Larry. He's a pro's pro. Plays the game with the highest level of integrity. Would love to see him get a ring. He's a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Absolutely love to see him get a ring. One of the NFL good guys for sure. A Fine human.

I was leaning more toward the Pack, as I like Rogers, but I'm happy for Fitzgerald. As you said, he is the kind of player you would want your children to model themselves after.

My wife was rooting for the Pack too for the same reason: she likes Aaron Rodgers. Says he's cute.

Sometime in the 3rd quarter, I told her my favorite player in the game was Fitz. "Fitzgerald is getting old, but he's one of the best receivers in the league, and one of the best people too."

And Fitz came through - on both counts - impressively. Won the game for them; classy in interviews.

Hard to believe he's a guy with a domestic violence assult in his past.

Don't remember this.

We don't know any of these guys away from the camera.

we don't "know" them on camera either. nor anything else that happens behind closed doors.

people are people regardless of profession, and some have serious flaws.

Edited by 87168

It has a nice ring to it that Larry put the team on his back and won the game for the cardinals. The Larry of 08 would not have been left wide open without a DB within 15 yards. The Larry of 08 would have easily broken the last tackle. Sometimes we let what we want to believe cloud our judgment.

It has a nice ring to it that Larry put the team on his back and won the game for the cardinals. The Larry of 08 would not have been left wide open without a DB within 15 yards. The Larry of 08 would have easily broken the last tackle. Sometimes we let what we want to believe cloud our judgment.

Your point?

If you look it up, there was nothing there. It was some kind of child support dispute. No charges were filed; police didn't even bother to interview anyone.

I was just going to say the same thing. I've been to so many meetings out there I've had the pleasure of hearing a number of stories regarding Fitz as a great guy off the field and very generous. For their SB against the Steelers, it was in Tampa, and Fitz wanted some privacy given the media circus. We lived in a very nice neighborhood at the time, and Fitz rented a house from our friends. The cool thing is my boys and the boys in the neighborhood were able to meet him once and the dads kept it brief to respect his privacy. He was very a gracious and spent a few minutes talking to the boys.

That was the year my middle son fell in love with the Cardinals, and has worn his jersey every Sunday. I make him put on his Sammy jersey at 1 and he always switches to "Larry the Legend" he calls him at 4 pm.

It was so appropriate he was the one to win the game for them in the second half. He was invisible in the first half.

I also really want to see Carson Palmer win a ring as well. Arians gamble on him paid off. Palmer is now 20-3 for the Cardinals.

With the Cardinals being my 2nd favorite team going back to the days of Neil Lomax, this win will probably go down as one of the best ever for me. Right up there with the Bills AFC Championship over the Raiders (RIP Ted).

I mentioned to my friend while watching the game last night about how Larry was one of my favorite players because he was such a class act. And then the end of the game happened and I literally wanted to weep...what a hell of a way to win a ball game.

Such a deserving guy - I sure hope that the Cards can take it all. My dream would be to see them blow out the Patriots in the Super Bowl and watch Marsha and Gronk bawl like babies on the sideline. :devil:

Edited by Bacchus44

I don't comment on too many posts but Larry is worth weighing in on. Funny thing is I actually called up a younger friend of mine, I'm old and he's currently in the CFL, lol, after last night's halftime just to talk about #11. My buddy played college ball at Arizona and has worked out with Fitzgerald in the past. While we were talking he once again confirmed that all Fitzgerald wants to do is practice, he catches about a 1,000 balls a day! I called him because I just wanted to tell that nobody catches like Larry, he always just use his hands. The only other ones that I can remember doing that is HOFer Tony Gonzalez and sometimes our very own Sammy Watkins and I said that to my friend.

#11 is a HOFer on and off the field. It's disturbing sometimes how people can be slandered and portrayed in and by the media, it's really not right. I love Larry Fitzgerald, always have always will, he's a fine human being and I respect him immensely. It will be a sad day when he retires because there's not too many like him, enjoy him while he can. I'm pulling for the Cardinals to go all the way, mostly because of #11 and even Arians, I love his mentality and the way he coaches, I wish the Bills would of gotten him. With that being said I'm not too crazy about Palmer.