Larry Fitzgerald Total Class Act...

Big Turk

I don't comment on too many posts but Larry is worth weighing in on. Funny thing is I actually called up a younger friend of mine, I'm old and he's currently in the CFL, lol, after last night's halftime just to talk about #11. My buddy played college ball at Arizona and has worked out with Fitzgerald in the past. While we were talking he once again confirmed that all Fitzgerald wants to do is practice, he catches about a 1,000 balls a day! I called him because I just wanted to tell that nobody catches like Larry, he always just use his hands. The only other ones that I can remember doing that is HOFer Tony Gonzalez and sometimes our very own Sammy Watkins and I said that to my friend.

#11 is a HOFer on and off the field. It's disturbing sometimes how people can be slandered and portrayed in and by the media, it's really not right. I love Larry Fitzgerald, always have always will, he's a fine human being and I respect him immensely. It will be a sad day when he retires because there's not too many like him, enjoy him while he can. I'm pulling for the Cardinals to go all the way, mostly because of #11 and even Arians, I love his mentality and the way he coaches, I wish the Bills would of gotten him. With that being said I'm not too crazy about Palmer.

interstingly I knew that Larry Fitz is an all time great but I don't watch the Cardinals all that often. I decided to look up his stats and one thing I noticed is that in his 11 year career, he has only missed 6 games. That's impressive.

It has a nice ring to it that Larry put the team on his back and won the game for the cardinals. The Larry of 08 would not have been left wide open without a DB within 15 yards. The Larry of 08 would have easily broken the last tackle. Sometimes we let what we want to believe cloud our judgment.

Point?

Not only did Larry Fitzgerald pretty much put the Cardinals on his back and lead them to victory against Green Bay last night while Carson Palmer and The Arizona defense did their best to give the game away, what the did after the game was a total class act, giving a shout out to Chris Mortensen during his post game interview on national TV saying "Morton, wanted to tell you we're thinking about you and fight baby...love you Morton".

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/1/17/10781834/larry-fitzgerald-chris-mortensen-cancer-vine

Fitzgerald exemplifies everything right with the game, much like FredEx did with the Bills. Class Act, clutch performer, and a great player---in fitzgerald's case a likely Hall of Fame performer. He steps up big in the playoffs too...in 8 career playoff games, Fitzgerald has gone over 100 yards 5 times and scored 10 TDs, including his best last night, a 176 yard, game winning TD in OT, put the team on my back, do everything performance including an unbelievable 75 yard catch and run in OT where he literally darted and weaved his way through the entire Green Bay defense leaving Packer defenders looking like the Keystone Kops trying to tackle him.

Cardinal fans and the NFL in general should be looking at this guy and praying more players follow his example instead of players like Vontaze Burfict and Pacman Jones...

Larry Fitzgerald is a great football player, no doubt about that at all.

In 2008, Larry Fitzgerald faced domestic violence charges from his girlfriend/baby momma: "Nazario said she swung at Fitzgerald, who then pushed her. He "grabbed me by my hair with both hands on the back of my head very very hard and tossed me across the room." When Nazario tried to leave with their son, she said Fitzgerald "grabbed the back of my neck and slammed me down on the marble floor…. was disoriented for awhile and could not get up, I remember he mumbled something about 'that's what happens when you try taking my son away from me.'" When she made it to her car, Nazario said she realized Fitzgerald had pulled out chunks of her hair.

At the time, it got minimal play.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he should have gotten the Ray Rice treatment (I don't think Ray Rice should be getting the full Ray Rice treatment). But if this woman had physical evidence of abuse such as chunks of hair torn out and bruises from being slammed on a marble floor, evidence of concussion as described by the "disoriented...couldn't get up", she should have been taken more seriously and Fitzgerald should have faced charges.

Fitzgerald is a fine football player and there has been no noise since then. He's a HOF on the field. But maybe he is, and maybe he isn't, a HOF off the field. The above is not the sort of person I want my kids to model themselves after.

Don't deify sports figures off the field. We don't know them.

Class act Larry Fitz. I am pulling for the Cardinals. To see Bruce Arians the man always looked over because he didn't play the politics and on his way to retirement before being tempted back to help an old friend in Indy who then led that franchise with such dignity during a difficult period standing on the field hoisting the Lombardi having defeated the Evil Empire would be the best way to end the season that doesn't involve the Bills winning the Superbowl.

In 2008, Larry Fitzgerald faced domestic violence charges from his girlfriend/baby momma: "Nazario said she swung at Fitzgerald, who then pushed her. He "grabbed me by my hair with both hands on the back of my head very very hard and tossed me across the room." When Nazario tried to leave with their son, she said Fitzgerald "grabbed the back of my neck and slammed me down on the marble floor. was disoriented for awhile and could not get up, I remember he mumbled something about 'that's what happens when you try taking my son away from me.'" When she made it to her car, Nazario said she realized Fitzgerald had pulled out chunks of her hair.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he should have gotten the Ray Rice treatment (I don't think Ray Rice should be getting the full Ray Rice treatment). But if this woman had physical evidence of abuse such as chunks of hair torn out and bruises from being slammed on a marble floor, evidence of concussion as described by the "disoriented...couldn't get up", she should have been taken more seriously and Fitzgerald should have faced charges.

Fitzgerald is a fine football player and there has been no noise since then. He's a HOF on the field. But maybe he is, and maybe he isn't, a HOF off the field. The above is not the sort of person I want my kids to model themselves after.

I agree, although I don't blame this phenomenon on the fans. The media has the ability to potray a guy in any light that they want. It often simply comes down to whether or not a guy is friendly to the media. If he is, off field transgressions will be ignored. If he isn't, he will be portrayed as a horrible guy. I'm not saying Fitzgerald should be blacklisted either, I'm just agreeing that there is an irony in how he's always portrayed as the "good guy". Other guys are forever the "bad guy" for similar incidents. It all depends upon the player's relationship with the media.

In 2008, Larry Fitzgerald faced domestic violence charges from his girlfriend/baby momma: "Nazario said she swung at Fitzgerald, who then pushed her. He "grabbed me by my hair with both hands on the back of my head very very hard and tossed me across the room." When Nazario tried to leave with their son, she said Fitzgerald "grabbed the back of my neck and slammed me down on the marble floor. was disoriented for awhile and could not get up, I remember he mumbled something about 'that's what happens when you try taking my son away from me.'" When she made it to her car, Nazario said she realized Fitzgerald had pulled out chunks of her hair.

Ok, that's her version. Women NEVER make things up or try and manipulate people to their advantage do they? Don't be a white knight defender.

Obviously the cops didn't buy it since Fitzgerald never even got questioned and the cops didn't even bother pursuining it.

Edited by matter2003

Ok, that's her version. Women NEVER make things up or try and manipulate people to their advantage do they? Don't be a white knight defender.

Obviously the cops didn't buy it since Fitzgerald never even got questioned and the cops didn't even bother pursuining it.

I was waiting for someone to use that phrase, but I expected it to be someone else. To you I say, tie down your knee because it's jerking uncontrollably. "Women NEVER make things up"? Now I can say "of course, cops NEVER discount and fail to pursue women's charges. They NEVER accord sports heros special treatment"

"Always" and "never" statements are totally beside the point here, straw men (which means they're addressing a point that is not being argued)

The court bought it, since the woman was issued an Order of Protection which from Google searching seems still in effect today. None of us in fact know whether "the cops bought it" since we don't know if the woman wished to pursue charges or not. She may very well have not - she may have just wanted an OOP so that she could drop off her son and pick him up in a supervised setting and avoid putting herself at risk. In any case, the events described would have left objective evidence that could have been documented, such as ripped-out chunks of hair, facial bruising, possibly blood and hair in Fitzgerald's apartment and on his hands.

The point is, people here are moving from their assessment of Larry Fitzgerald as a football player (an undoubted Star of Stars and class act) to assessing that he's a hero and class act OFF the field; they want their children to be like him. We really don't know what he's like in his private life. Maybe he's a hero and admirable there too, maybe he's a piece of work. Most humans are a mixed bag. We just don't know.

One bit we know (the court-granted OOP) suggests that I wouldn't, in fact, wish my sons to emulate him.

It has a nice ring to it that Larry put the team on his back and won the game for the cardinals. The Larry of 08 would not have been left wide open without a DB within 15 yards. The Larry of 08 would have easily broken the last tackle. Sometimes we let what we want to believe cloud our judgment.

What? You are saying that his 75 yard reception wasn't that impressive? You are saying that his stats, including 2 touchdowns were indicative of waning ability? You are saying that the Packers were actually ignoring him in favor of the other Arizona receivers? I don' think so.

WTF are you talking about? It's not like they intentionally left him open because he's an "old man." And that tackle near the 5 was a solid tackle. How do you know if he would've easily broken that tackle? Give me a break.

Fitz is STILL amazing.

I was waiting for someone to use that phrase, but I expected it to be someone else. To you I say, tie down your knee because it's jerking uncontrollably. "Women NEVER make things up"? Now I can say "of course, cops NEVER discount and fail to pursue women's charges. They NEVER accord sports heros special treatment"

"Always" and "never" statements are totally beside the point here, straw men (which means they're addressing a point that is not being argued)

The court bought it, since the woman was issued an Order of Protection which from Google searching seems still in effect today. None of us in fact know whether "the cops bought it" since we don't know if the woman wished to pursue charges or not. She may very well have not - she may have just wanted an OOP so that she could drop off her son and pick him up in a supervised setting and avoid putting herself at risk. In any case, the events described would have left objective evidence that could have been documented, such as ripped-out chunks of hair, facial bruising, possibly blood and hair in Fitzgerald's apartment and on his hands.

The point is, people here are moving from their assessment of Larry Fitzgerald as a football player (an undoubted Star of Stars and class act) to assessing that he's a hero and class act OFF the field; they want their children to be like him. We really don't know what he's like in his private life. Maybe he's a hero and admirable there too, maybe he's a piece of work. Most humans are a mixed bag. We just don't know.

One bit we know (the court-granted OOP) suggests that I wouldn't, in fact, wish my sons to emulate him.

Just because a court grants an OOP does not mean that there was significant grounds. It is possible that Fitz's lawyer simply said Fitz didn't care to see her ever again, so the OOP was a moot point. The court could have granted it just to appease her and he would have no reason to pursue action to have it rescinded. These issues are never simple, so we probably cannot get to the truth. One things is noteworthy, Fitz has not been in the police blotter for repeat offenses!

I don't comment on too many posts but Larry is worth weighing in on. Funny thing is I actually called up a younger friend of mine, I'm old and he's currently in the CFL, lol, after last night's halftime just to talk about #11. My buddy played college ball at Arizona and has worked out with Fitzgerald in the past. While we were talking he once again confirmed that all Fitzgerald wants to do is practice, he catches about a 1,000 balls a day! I called him because I just wanted to tell that nobody catches like Larry, he always just use his hands. The only other ones that I can remember doing that is HOFer Tony Gonzalez and sometimes our very own Sammy Watkins and I said that to my friend.

#11 is a HOFer on and off the field. It's disturbing sometimes how people can be slandered and portrayed in and by the media, it's really not right. I love Larry Fitzgerald, always have always will, he's a fine human being and I respect him immensely. It will be a sad day when he retires because there's not too many like him, enjoy him while he can. I'm pulling for the Cardinals to go all the way, mostly because of #11 and even Arians, I love his mentality and the way he coaches, I wish the Bills would of gotten him. With that being said I'm not too crazy about Palmer.

Why aren't you crazy about Palmer? Just curious. I like to see him get a ring before he retires. I always liked him.