Johnny Manziel (update: waived by Browns)

This is why don't understand why anyone wants to help him. He is one of those lost causes b.c he just doesn't give a ****. He would be better off gone from the face of this earth.

Some people need help, some people don't deserve it.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is why don't understand why anyone wants to help him. He is one of those lost causes b.c he just doesn't give a ****. He would be better off gone from the face of this earth.

sometimes the people that need it the most dont appear to deserve it.

at this point im assuming theres genuine mental health and addiction issues there, and im also guessing that if you peel back some of those issues you dont see this behavior. im not fan of his on or off the field, but....

Nothing against you personally, but this seems a little harsh to me. Yes, he's a young kid apparently suffering from addiction who (surprise!) acts like an a-hole. A lot of kids his age are cocky and act like a-holes too. I believe they deserve to live as much as JM deserves to live. Addiction is a B word, and until you either suffer from it, or have a loved one struggle with it, it is very hard to relate to it. Some people have a difficult time believing that addiction is a disease, and therefore feel it's just a bad person making bad choices.

One of the most ironic moments of my life was being in a counseling session with one of my daughters and her telling the therapist and I that alcoholism isn't a disease, it's lack of discipline. And I was right in there, arguing it's a disease, all the while saying I wasn't an alcoholic, and by the way, there wasn't any way I was going to stop drinking. Insanity. It's part of the package.

I see JM's behavior and recognize it very well. I also see his father's behavior and statements, and recognize that as well. There are many, many cases I've seen in my recovery where people were far beyond the ability of anyone to help them, including themselves. It wasn't until there was some type of intervention, that is, a spiritual one, that some people finally see themselves honestly and decide to ask for help. I have seen people recover from seemingly insurmountable bottoms, and they are the inspiration for myself and many others. It would be really great if JM was one of those people.

Nothing against you personally, but this seems a little harsh to me. Yes, he's a young kid apparently suffering from addiction who (surprise!) acts like an a-hole. A lot of kids his age are cocky and act like a-holes too. I believe they deserve to live as much as JM deserves to live. Addiction is a B word, and until you either suffer from it, or have a loved one struggle with it, it is very hard to relate to it. Some people have a difficult time believing that addiction is a disease, and therefore feel it's just a bad person making bad choices.

One of the most ironic moments of my life was being in a counseling session with one of my daughters and her telling the therapist and I that alcoholism isn't a disease, it's lack of discipline. And I was right in there, arguing it's a disease, all the while saying I wasn't an alcoholic, and by the way, there wasn't any way I was going to stop drinking. Insanity. It's part of the package.

I see JM's behavior and recognize it very well. I also see his father's behavior and statements, and recognize that as well. There are many, many cases I've seen in my recovery where people were far beyond the ability of anyone to help them, including themselves. It wasn't until there was some type of intervention, that is, a spiritual one, that some people finally see themselves honestly and decide to ask for help. I have seen people recover from seemingly insurmountable bottoms, and they are the inspiration for myself and many others. It would be really great if JM was one of those people.

That's well said, and so true. Anyone thinking Jonny Manzeil would be "better off gone from the face of this earth", should just TRY to imagine if it were their child, sibling or parent. I feel sorry for anyone who just can't get that (and question if they really don't get it or just want attention). I've seen people lost, but also miracles with lives turned around and saved.

at this point im assuming theres genuine mental health and addiction issues there, and im also guessing that if you peel back some of those issues you dont see this behavior. im not fan of his on or off the field, but....

Agreed guys.

I remember a time where I definitely didn't deserve a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th chance as the case was); my family (and friends) graced me with it anyway, and my life has never been the same.

Troy Vincent says NFL is still trying to help "out of control" Johnny Manziel

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/29/troy-vincent-nfl-is-still-trying-to-help-out-of-control-johnny-manziel/

Maybe he should help him out like he did Losman.

Early-onset CTE.

Of course, sue NFL. I am sure it is all Kyle's fault for tackling him.

Not addition here but depression and anxiety. I had pushed everyone away, become very hostile and angry and quite frankly a real !@#$, that self medicated to the point Im amazed I woke up some days, until I finally came to my senses and asked for help. I'm lucky to be alive as I'm sure if I continued being in that state, I would have done something very stupid before long

Only harsh until he beats a woman... oh wait. Maybe only harsh until he kills an innocent life.

Only harsh until he beats a woman... oh wait. Maybe only harsh until he kills an innocent life.

Well, then he pays the price, which might even be good for him. We have laws for that. Interesting how you think it best he lose his life on the chance that he may take someone else's. Hey, let's be proactive. What if he never kills anyone? Should he still leave this earth? Nice logic there...

Look, everyone knows this sucks all around, but you either have no experience with this, or you are bitter for some reason. (It's already clear you resent the money. Is that part of it?)

Everyone deserves help.

Even you.

Its rather obvious he has a great deal of resentment towards his "dad ".

Something he will need to work through to recover.

Heck i don't even like his Dad and i barely know him !!

Edited by 3rdand12

Well said bro!

To me there are just so many people who need help; If we can help even one -then that is the most important thing! It improves society as a whole.

Some believe you should just cast away anyone with a perceived issue which is just ludicrous.

Thanks for some thoughful words, rather than ignorance.

Edited by The Thurmanator

so in 10 yrs he will have found Jesus. Have published his 3rd book, pandering to the folks who will pay $50 to hear his testify the power of Jesus, the ability to overcome addiction and make more millions.

We are all human and I get we make mistakes that we some times pay for all of his life but this guy obviously doesn't care. This guy has no reason to care. We all enable him. And eventually he will OD, make a mistake or be left alone. Faced with solitude he will turn to attention and sucker it out of anyone easy enough to listen

I'm glad you overcame your demons but you will never receive the fanfare and life that Manziel has. While accepting blame and such is 12 steps other people must be factored in. He has had access to the worlds best facilities in all fashions and likely had many warnings and interventions as well as lost a career to his lifestyle. There is only so much you can give a guy with slack untilyou cut him free . Manziel is a famous person, a celebrity. As such, the masses that entitled him to this need to turn their backs. The term dead to me is just fine with johnny manziel because he doesn't play football, he doesn't mow my lawn and he doesn't wash my drawers. He does nothing for 99% of this world so we are all best to move on and forget him until he is worthy of our attention.

Tmz is reporting that the NFL is suspending him for 4 games... Based on violation of substance abuse policy. Not on a team though. DV case still playing out.

Meanwhile he's walking around Cabo in a Josh Gordon jersey smoking a joint. This is his last day of partying right?

Edited by YoloinOhio

Tmz is reporting that the NFL is suspending him for 4 games... Based on violation of substance abuse policy. Not on a team though. DV case still playing out.

Meanwhile he's walking around Cabo in a Josh Gordon jersey smoking a joint. This is his last day of partying right?

I know when I say I'm going on a diet, "starting Monday," that I eat like an absolute idiot the weekend prior. This could be very bad for Manziel.