Johnny Manziel (update: waived by Browns)

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just read that there looks like there will be no charges on Shady. Is he a rich, white kid?

It was a joke. Money trumps all (though McCoy isn't being investigated for hitting a woman).

But if you don't think a rich, white kid from Beverly Hills has a different legal system than a poor black kid from South Central, I don't know what to tell you. I assume you still believe in Santa Claus.

Regarding Manziel, I just don't see him recovering from this mess. He obviously needs help. Even if he does go back to rehab, a second time offender, usually is not going to get a roster spot as he is too much of a risk.

i never liked the persona he presented, but don't wish him any ill will. I just don't want him on our team at all. As far as Shady, he's making one stupid decision after another, but he is still very talented, and hopefully he realizes he's not immune to making bad choices and the ramifications. It looked pretty obvious he threw a punch from the video, so even if not indicted, he should get a 4 game suspension. That's four game checks. If he doesn't learn from that, he's an idiot.

It was a joke. Money trumps all (though McCoy isn't being investigated for hitting a woman).

But if you don't think a rich, white kid from Beverly Hills has a different legal system than a poor black kid from South Central, I don't know what to tell you. I assume you still believe in Santa Claus.

I didn't know Manziel was from Beverly HIlls nor that McCoy is from South Central. Interesting.

Also interesting that everything can be turned racial.

Considering their ability to make draft picks, I'm thinking Goodell might award them an extra first round pick as punishment.

Since first round picks salaries are generally high and pre-determined, giving them extra first rounders would probably create enough of a salary cap problem that they'd have to cut some of their few good players. The Browns could end up with a team of failed prima donas who can't work together or achieve their potential.

Of course the blind squirrel hypothesis means they'd probably stumble into a couple of keepers, but with the Browns' luck those guys will be injured in training camp, or suspended, or both.

I didn't know Manziel was from Beverly HIlls nor that McCoy is from South Central. Interesting.

Also interesting that everything can be turned racial.

Like I said, it was a joke that you are taking way too serious. But keep pretending there is no racial or class divides.

Anyways, Manziel is just a poor rich kid who never learned right from wrong. He is not responsible for this behavior. His family is and he should be left alone to become the next superstar NFL qb.

Like I said, it was a joke that you are taking way too serious. But keep pretending there is no racial or class divides.

Anyways, Manziel is just a poor rich kid who never learned right from wrong. He is not responsible for this behavior. His family is and he should be left alone to become the next superstar NFL qb.

You keep saying it's a joke BUT

Well TBH you were the one that turned it that way.

How so?