Ed Reed to join Bills coaching staff

YoloinOhio

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Essentially we have a new D coordinator. I am completely okay with this.

No. Rex is still there.

Dennis thurman says do it this way, players say but the other way worked.

Ed Reed says do it this way, players say yes sir.

Yep. Because they don't know their history. Thurman was a pretty good pro back in the day.

Bird was a pretty good coach but it was very hard for him to deal with players not as good as him.

Which, essentially, was anyone he ever coached.

He'd be a welcome addition. There's no questioning his credibility.

As a player, yes.

I think he has commentator aspirations.

Perhaps.

Or he is front runner to be typecast as Grady in the remake of Sanford and Son the movie.

@RichCimini

A couple of ex-Jets are reuniting. Bills coach Rex Ryan is hiring future Hall-of-Fame safety Ed Reed as an... http://es.pn/1Os3OAO

By then, Reed was diminished as a player, but he made an impact on the young players. He gathered players after practice for film-watching sessions, sharing his knowledge. Some players credited Reed with teaching them how to pick up the smallest of nuances on film.

Leadership can't be discounted.

I still think the team made a mistake of letting Freddie go one year too early. He was the main team leader.

And Freddie's protege was? Aaron Williams. Aaron and Kyle Williams were the only leaders on that defense and when they went down early, it really hurt the D.

Stephon, Dareus, and Mario are all quiet guys, Hughes is the wild one, and the rest of the guys were young or backup guys still trying to prove themselves.

At season's end, as far as leaders, you had maybe Corey Graham and Manny Lawson, but they seem to be more lead by example guys.

Without the two leaders and Mario disgruntled, it really hurt the defense.

In comes Rob Ryan and Ed Reed. Say what you want about Rob Ryan as a D coordinator, but from most reports, he is a fire-you-up type of coach and

players liked playing for him. I give Rex and the team credit, they are already attempting to resolve issues from last year. 1. In case we don't have players

to lead and fire each other up, we better have some coaches who can do so; 2. Reed can really teach they system and help with the communication issues.

(addendum: In the long run, getting rid of Freddie may have worked out because it forced Tyrod to become more of a leader, which should pay dividends next year

and we found ourselves a couple of good RBs, but for just the 2015 season, his loss in leadership and the loss of an extra set of legs when McCoy and Karlos went down

really hurt the team.)