DB coach Donnie Henderson won't be returning to Bills

YoloinOhio

If Henderson is interviewing for DB position coaching vacancies than it would appear he was not happy with something in Buffalo under Rex. The hiring of Rob the day before makes it appear that Henderson does not approve of this hire or the chain of command.

By all accounts Henderson was a good position coach. I sure hope Rex knows what he is doing. Picking up Rob and losing arguably our best postilion coach does not feel like a fair trade.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My only thought about this, and it's purely speculative...

But if Rex made the decision not to retain Henderson, we can assume he needed to approve/discuss with Whaley. I'm interested in what Rex could possibly said, making the argument not to keep the position coach for our only defensive unit that knew what they were doing (for the most part).

Again, it's purely speculative...but the Rob Ryan move, the removal of Henderson...it just seems like Rex is really having his way and it won't be long until Dareus and other players that don't fit his scheme are removed. It's been said that Tyrod was Rex's choice as well, so who is in charge? I mean...Rex brought the Jets staff over, he refused to coach to the strength of his players, he hired his brother, he removed the DB coach and he picked the damn QB. Is Whaley a figure-head GM? What's going on here? It sure would be a lot easier to swallow if the team didn't play so poorly down the stretch (Chiefs, Philadelphia, Washington) in games where competent coaching could have gotten us wins.

HC coaches pick their staffs, not the GMs.

The season ended nine whole days ago!! WHY DON'T WE KNOW EVERYTHING BY NOW!?

For real dude!

Just two questions from me:

- Do we make the playoffs next year?

- What are the Powerball numbers for tomorrow (I have a feeling I'm supposed to buy the Jacksonville Jags someday. I'm moving them to Buffalo.)?

Thurman to more of DBs means Rex is taking over the defense. he is not going to let his brother determine his own fate. This is going to be the Rex defense, in look and execution, the way we expected it to look when he was hired. Whether it works or not is a different question we will learn the answer to in about nine months.

Thurman to more of DBs means Rex is taking over the defense. he is not going to let his brother determine his own fate. This is going to be the Rex defense, in look and execution, the way we expected it to look when he was hired. Whether it works or not is a different question we will learn the answer to in about nine months.

If this is correct (and it makes sense that it is) I really hope Rex will be assigning some of the gameday management duties to someone else not named Ryan.

I like being a pessimist more than the next guy, but on January 12th we lose an assistant coach and the 2016 season is toast already? good people move on to better opportunities. That is the way business is

Edited by MarkyMannn

If this is correct (and it makes sense that it is) I really hope Rex will be assigning some of the gameday management duties to someone else not named Ryan.

A lot of coaches do it and do it well. McCarthy, Peyton, Arians, Zimmer, Belichick used to, Shanahan did when he was good and bad. It doesn't take that much time away. Plus he can relay things to Rob or Thurman or Reed if he comes to discuss with the D if he spends any time on the game management. That stuff doesn't take much time, it takes smarts.

I'm going to challenge this notion that Bills fans seem to have by-and-large signed off on.

Leodis still can't turn and track the ball for a damn. He still gets beat deep and does inexplicable things.

This year Graham, Rambo, Duke and Meeks were all consistently inconsistent and proved to be major liabilities at some major points in important games.

So I'm wondering exactly which performance(s) in 2015 have Bills fans convinced that coaching--particularly from Henderson--made such a positive impact on.

Darby was a nice little surprise, but the number of players that took a step back--including Robey, who has yet to return to his rookie form--out number the successes we had in the defensive backfield last year and this year.

Well the good things the DB's did was because of Henderson, all the wrong things that happened, because of Rex and his brother!

That sucks... does it mean Thurman is getting demoted?

I would have to believe it means he is going to acquire more duties

Rob Ryan becomes DC.. in 3-2-1

Which twin is older. Maybe Rob can talk rex into running the correct scheme. Lolnd i would take Rob to demote Dennis. Aint happening though

This off-season is turning into the following:

Toilet clogged at One Bills drive. %##$&& Rex!

Secretary orders wrong ink cartridge model. *#%*£¥ Rex!!!!

Gas prices go up. $%%$@* REX!!!

You need to look at the bright side.

Maybe Leroi can get promotion from garbage collection to toilets. He seems a natural.

I don't understand why basic assistant coaching changes have to portend total doom, in January...

Silly, silly poster. EVERYTHING portends doom with the Bills.