D&C takes on the Buffalo News

Casey D

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Articles today by Roth and Maiorana basically calling BS on the Sully, Bucky and Carucci tabloid reporting. Nothing better than a good old media cat fight.

The BN stumbled badly this season. They as much as anyone bought into the ore and early season Rex euphoria. Now at the close of the season they are acting like a bunch of clueless bandwagon fans hoping to scoop the rest of Bills media circus.

I guess they called the BN out, though I thought it was tactfully done. Just a fair critique and opinion piece.

It was done quite professionally. But "reading between the lines" as Sully says when he makes stuff up, the restraint was plainly out of professional courtesy.

i still say russ brandon is the source. who else has the inside info and balls to leak stuff.

the going "rogue" leak smacks of russ being upset over screwing M&T out of their big AD campaign with fred......without advanced notice.

maybe T Pegs told russ that rex and whaley have a year to get it right, but never told doug & rex......allowing T Pegs to call BS on Vic's story of him personally giving them an ultimatum. again, russ getting a message out to sponsors & season ticket holders that we are not going to put up with losing for long (selling hope).

russ brandon is pretty much the only source left at OBD with a history that dates back to Vic's earlier days at the BN.

Edited by papazoid

ABOUT TIME!!!

the BUFFALO NEWS is a joke,, they have been plagerizing articles for years!!! the so called sports team is nothing but a tabloid reporters ,i doubt there has been a original thought in a decade .

its great for someone calling them out ,,the used the .. " source" ...to impune players , coaches and ownership in teams here,

in others words they have flat lied repeatedly ,and gotten away with it!

The real shame is that national media (NFL.com, SI.com, and CBS Sports.com) all picked up Vic's BS as if it were legitimate. It's not the first time they have been burned by Vic this season. He has really slipped since his return to TBN.

PTI... also picked it up as a discussion item yesterday.

Vic Carucci is completely out of touch. He was great for us in the 90's but time to move on

+1

I remember when Carucci reported that there was a strong possibility that Cordy Glenn would be moved to guard, Henderson would move to LT and Kouandjio would be at RT.. just because Glenn took a few snaps at guard during training camp or OTAs. That was absurd...

I think Vic is spread a little too thin these days ( he does a lot of work on Sirius NFL channel.. ( poorly I may add)) and I think most of his "inside source" stories have been off base.

Sully has always been knee jerk so I don't really read any of his stuff. I think Carucci used to have a good reputation but he pretty much sunk it this year being back at BN.

I know Tim Graham is hated by many for his Twitter banter.. but at least he is a good writer and for the most part his "inside source" stories tend to hold weight and he did a great job with inside reporting on the sale of the team and also with the Darryl Talley story. I doubt he'll go back to the beat job though as he probably likes what he's doing now writing longer pieces.

Edited by Bocephuz

all you amateur media critics crack me the hell up.

Wait...are you a "professional media critic"? In fact...is there such a thing as a professional media critic? Aren't we (as the consumer) allowed to render an opinion on those who profess to report the news? As such, yes we are amateurs by virtue of the fact that we are witnessing "professionals" removing toes from their own mouths.