D&C takes on the Buffalo News

Casey D

I just had an epiphany (contrary to popular perception, you can say epiphany without your pinky out)

The stench of the Bills 15 years of futility causes many to attack even the media.

If the Bills ended 11-5 or so and were playoff bound, the BN brain fart would get almost zero coverage on this board. Admit it.. you know it's true.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just had an epiphany (contrary to popular perception, you can say epiphany without your pinky out)

The stench of the Bills 15 years of futility causes many to attack even the media.

If the Bills ended 11-5 or so and were playoff bound, the BN brain fart would get almost zero coverage on this board. Admit it.. you know it's true.

I'm sorry you actually wasted the time to type this.

I'm sorry you actually wasted the time to type this.

Cmon eball .. you know it's true.

If we were playing Pittsburg next weekend, Vic Carruci could have posted Obama's birth certificate from Kenya.. and no one would notice.

If we were playing Pittsburg next weekend, Vic Carruci could have posted Obama's birth certificate from Kenya.. and no one would notice.

that would be a shame, because what this board needs is more high-and-mighty lectures on journalist ethics. oh, and more gleeful high-fives over conflicting stories that "prove" something or another about some BN writer's competence.

that would be a shame, because what this board needs is more high-and-mighty lectures on journalist ethics. oh, and more gleeful high-fives over conflicting stories that "prove" something or another about some BN writer's competence.

Irony

ABOUT TIME!!!

the BUFFALO NEWS is a joke,, they have been plagerizing articles for years!!! the so called sports team is nothing but a tabloid reporters ,i doubt there has been a original thought in a decade .

its great for someone calling them out ,,the used the .. " source" ...to impune players , coaches and ownership in teams here,

in others words they have flat lied repeatedly ,and gotten away with it!

Source?

I love how many of the media critics here seem to think shoddy reporting, questionable ethics, bias and sensationalist tendencies are new problems plaguing the journalism community. Not problems, you now, that have persisted within the industry since day one.

Yeah, no schitt. That's why yours was a silly post. Every fan on this board would rather be discussing an upcoming playoff game. It didn't need to be said.

what are these "actual facts?" My point (again) is that we don't know what they are.

You guys who talk about sportswriter a like they all have a hidden agenda are the conspiracy theorists.

You want facts? Here's one: nothing that has happened necessarily disproves what Carrucci wrote.

I'm no conspiracy theorist but I'll believe we were on the moon when a telescope can show me the US flag. :)

If the Bills ended 11-5 and were playoff bound, the BN would be busy ball-washing the coaches and management and no one would be writing about 1 year ultimatums

I love the word epiphany, especially on Jan 6 (which IS epiphany! today is epiphany!) but you know it's true.

I tried to see how this read on my irony meter, but it seems you broke it.

If the Bills ended 11-5 and were playoff bound, the BN would be busy ball-washing the coaches and management and no one would be writing about 1 year ultimatums

I love the word epiphany, especially on Jan 6 (which IS epiphany! today is epiphany!) but you know it's true.

Well played... I didn't even notice that. Have an extra drink on my Pay Pal.. if drinking is your thing.

How precious!

I'm not the one rushing in to criticize a guy for doing a job he's done plenty well for 30 or 35 years. YOU did that, based on your own wild assumptions about some conversations you weren't even present for.

YOU'RE the expert on sportswriting. YOU know exactly what went down in each of those conversations well enough to place blame, and punctuated it with a pompous dissertation on journalistic ethics.

But I'M the one who broke your so-called. "irony meter."

That's so cute.

How precious!

I'm not the one rushing in to criticize a guy for doing a job he's done plenty well for 30 or 35 years. YOU did that, based on your own wild assumptions about some conversations you weren't even present for.

YOU'RE the expert on sportswriting. YOU know exactly what went down in each of those conversations well enough to place blame, and punctuated it with a pompous dissertation on journalistic ethics.

That's so cute.

I will trust Vic Carucci over anyone involved or associated with a glad-handing sack of sh%^ like Russ Brandon. Even Chris Brown.

I do have faith in Pegs to figure this out though, he will just have to learn the hard way.

How precious!

That's so cute.

You seem to have a problem with reading comprehension, since I haven't claimed to know anything of the sort. But you are ranting persistently enough that I'm starting to think you have skin in the game here. Vic, is that you?

Maybe the BN is becoming like the bleecher report where all they want are clicks on their page

CBF

Um, dude? Let me explain how the internet works....

Or, you can realize that there is no "becoming" and that everything "Is" as it always has been as it "was" regarding sports reporting WRT the internet?

Or, Mike F'ing Florio is literally on TV, on Sunday, for F's sake.

Edited by OCinBuffalo