Favorite sports quotes

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then there's

"The Commissioner has authorized me to inform you of the discipline that, pursuant to his authority under Article 46 of the CBA, has been imposed on you for your role in the use of under-inflated footballs by the Patriots in this year's AFC Championship Game. "

After a narrow victory in 1994, Boston Bruins defenseman Al Iafrate was asked why, in the closing moments of the game, he had fired the puck around the boards rather than into the empty net. His reply?:

"Empty-net goals are for faggots."

"Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer."

Ted Williams

Babe Ruth after getting three straight called strikes against Walter Johnson, the first pitcher known to throw over 100 mph...

Ruth to Umpire: "See any of those?"

Umpire: "Nope."

Ruth: "Well that third one SOUNDED a little high."

I love that one. I use it at family gatherings.

I know the feeling. Apparently retreating to the adjacent family room to read a book does not get one off the hook. I learn and adapt. And suffer on occasion. I now sit by as they all shout over each other, and dream of a day at the beach.

"Practice?? We talkin' bout practice? Practice? - Ron Artest

Actually, that was Allen Iverson. Here's another powerful quote from the NBA: "We're going to turn this thing around 360 degrees!". I think it was Jason Kidd... Definitely a pre-Dirk Dallas Maverick.