Rex

"Belichick can kiss my goddamn rooster ring!"

Rex

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL Films episode where they have Marv saying that has a lot of great quotes from various coaches.

Love the Sid Gillman quote "Get him out of there, because he HAS no hands".

Also, not sure who the coach was in it, but he is drilling his team in the locker room and says "You deserve the boos they give you! Call yourselves professionals?"

Lou Saban saying “they’re killing me, whitey – they’re killing me”

I like that one. Does anybody remember who Whitey was?

I'm new to the board, been following for a while, thanks for the insights, angst and commiseration. After another rough season maybe some humor is in order and this board rarely disappoints.

So whats your favorite sports quote? I'll start with the following from former Tampa Bay Bucs coach John McKay:

Reporter: Coach, what do you think of your teams execution?

McKay: I'm all for it.

it is what it is :sick:

Where Else Would You Rather Be Than Right Here, Right Now? - Marv Levy

:thumbsup:

when it's too tough for them it's just right for us.

Rex Ryan: "“I know it’s been 15 years since the Bills made the playoffs,” Ryan said. “Well get ready, man, we’re going. We are going. . . . My message to our team is to get ready. Start preparing now. Start preparing that we’re going to be playing games in January.”"

Relentless Negativity makes you a bore - 26CornerBlitz

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Rex Ryan: "“I know it’s been 15 years since the Bills made the playoffs,” Ryan said. “Well get ready, man, we’re going. We are going. . . . My message to our team is to get ready. Start preparing now. Start preparing that we’re going to be playing games in January.”"

And they did because the last game was on January 3rd.

I had to work a Pro Football HOF Event for work a couple years ago. It was in partnership with the United Way and, as such, the heads of the NFL United Way Committee--at the time--were all Bills Brass.

Present at the event were (among many others):

Marv

Russ

Mary Owen

Jack Youngblood

Warren Moon

Anthony Munoz

Youngblood was talking **** with me. We went back and forth a couple times. I thought it was in good fun. He didn't appreciate my last comment insinuating that he looked like teammate Deacon Jones.

Later that night Deacon Jones died.

Good times?

?

"You've been bought! F U!" I say you've been bought!

Marv Levy at halftime of SB XXVI to the backfield judge and referee of that game where the Washington team was absolutely mauling Andre with no PI calls made.

Wow! never heard this before, explains a lot.

"Practice?? We talkin' bout practice? Practice? - Ron Artest

Allen Iverson

He had also said something about, "The bone wasn't sticking out, why shouldn't I play?"

He talks about it here...

Enduring the playoffs on a broken leg made you a near mythical figure. Was the injury really that painful, or even worse than reported?

"Over the course of years, many have misconstrued it as a slightly cracked bone or a hairline fracture. That was a totally fractured fibula — about four inches above my left ankle —- snapped like a pencil. I knew it wasn't going to heal, so my only issue was, 'Could I play with the pain?' The doctors said I was crazy, but in the Dallas game, I said, 'Let's go see if I can deal with it,' and helped get us to Tampa."

What did you do for the pain?

"Not much. I couldn't take downers because that would've affected the way I'd play. I took two Darvocet and my normal two pots of coffee and some Gatorade. And about three to four miles of tape, with a plastic patch over the break, just in case I got kicked there. I wrapped that bad boy up and went from there. Look, we had the [super Bowl] door slammed in our face four times before the Tampa game. I wanted that win. My concern was not to be a detriment to the team. I would've pulled myself out if I wasn't at 75-80%."

:worthy::worthy::worthy: :worthy:

unheard of for todays players (although Kyle might try it for a SB)

first, it's ELP, not ELO

second, you digressed from ELP to some arcane reference to Emerson Boozer

the original context of the quote was as follows: ""what you do should speak so loudly that no one can hear what you say." marv levy who was indirectly quoting Emerson."

By "Emerson", Marv was referring to Ralph Waldo Emerson, a classic American poet & essayist. It looks like you missed that one, BBB

What is ELP?

"Sometimes that light at the end of the tunnel is a train": Charles Barkley

:lol: