#2 QB next year

HT02

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm the only one who's perfectly ok with EJ as our backup. It's slim pickings for a better backup, EJ has experience, is still developing, a good team player, and will be in year two of Roman's complicated system. If we replace EJ, I'd hope we replace him with someone else who has had experience with the system.

nope it's just the two of us.

Draft a worthwhile project though.

I've read here that EJ and Tyrod are equally good as long as they throw less than 20 passes. So why don't we trade Tyrod , who would likely net us more in a trade, and keep EJ on the roster while planning to have him throw less than 20 passes per game. Win win situation all around.

Less is more ? and more less is even more than that?

Sign a vet.

Draft a rookie.

Let the chips fall where they may.

I fear Taylor is going to play himself out of a starting gig, one way or another.

you were adopted right ? By a herding of Cats. unhappy Cats.

Injury.

He can take it.

He said so

Keep EJ for 2016. Never know when you'll need to force an offsides - seriously, he's as good as anyone else that's legitimately available, has a whole pre-and-season in Roman's system and he's already paid for.

Draft one in 3rd round, have Tyrod show him how to be an NFL starting QB just like Flacco showed TT.

good post !

I'm okay with EJ. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who watched the second half of the Jags game when (after putting them in a hole in the first half) EJ brought them back to go ahead late in the fourth quarter.

Im in the process of watching that over. I thought he showed resilience. Also he kept his poise. I almost think that was his game to turn the corner. It showed turnovers are not necessarily killers.

I want more than 14 games to say he has established himself. He is the definite starter but we need more.

See Foles, Nick.

Couldn't say it better

They just signed Dysert. He's probably that guy, unless he makes a big improvement.

I do like Zak Dysert.

Spotrac has his cap hit at around $2.8 mil.

This is not his 5th year. I dont know why people are talking about his option. Its his 4th. People are jumping the gun

?...Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who watched the second half of the Jags game when (after putting them in a hole in the first half) EJ brought them back to go ahead late in the fourth quarter.

You feel that way because EJ never brought the Bills back. A defensive touchdown put the Bills briefly ahead before Bortles marched the team down the field for winning score.

Lol. It's not about Taylor's response, it's about the drama surrounding the situation. If Taylor's the guy, then he's the guy. Don't muddy it up in the locker room and with the media/fans. The difference with the QBs we've had in the past is that they weren't good. Taylor is.

Completely agree....And this in fact hurt the Bills during TC. By spreading the reps between Taylor, Cassell and EJ, they could not build much continuity between the QBs and teh WRs....and this showed in the 1st half of the season. Having Taylor be the undisputed starter at the beginning of TC will help the team in 2016

You feel that way because EJ never brought the Bills back. A defensive touchdown put the Bills briefly ahead before Bortles marched the team down the field for winning score.

Oh, so the 21 consecutive points he led them to, a couple of drives over over 80 yards for TD, the 53 yard pass to Easley don't count. Got it.

And his terrible play on defense on that last Jags drive—he was the cornerback on the touchdown pass that won the game, wasn't he?

Oh, so the 21 consecutive points he led them to, a couple of drives over over 80 yards for TD, the 53 yard pass to Easley don't count. Got it.

And his terrible play on defense on that last Jags drivehe was the cornerback on the touchdown pass that won the game, wasn't he?

Yep, just like Rob Johnson was covering kickoffs in Tennessee. Please pay attention.

I think I'm the only one who's perfectly ok with EJ as our backup. It's slim pickings for a better backup, EJ has experience, is still developing, a good team player, and will be in year two of Roman's complicated system. If we replace EJ, I'd hope we replace him with someone else who has had experience with the system.

No I feel that EJ should be the backup as well. EJ never had a melt down like he did in jacksonville. He is a excellent teammate and still has room to develop. Please tell me what backup QB is better than EJ right now. Unless the Bills draft a stud QB or bring in Johnny Football Im cool with EJ being the backup

And his terrible play on defense on that last Jags drive—he was the cornerback on the touchdown pass that won the game, wasn't he?

Is that you BF4E? :)

You do realize that the Jags are one of the worst defensive teams in the NFL and that they were in prevent mode when EJ was seemingly marching the Bills back?

Get rid of EJ before Whaley makes another questionable move trying to promote his favorite man crush. The man was trying to force him on head coaching candidates last year during the interview process, traded Cassel to force him up the depth chart. After hearing him trying to sell EJ to prospective luxory box owners in December of 2014, I could see how deep his man crush ran. If Whaley's staying Manuel needs to go. I'm sorry if you bought his jersey, but it's time to throw it in the drawer with the rest of the crumpled up QB jerseys Brandon has sold us over the years.

Cut EJ. A back up is expected to give you a 500 record and EJ blew that one. When you can't beat Jax, that is ridiculous. Draft a QB in a mid round, and we'll see if TT is the franchise guy after two years.

Lastly, i hope they keep an eye out for an older QB as an insurance policy.

You're talking about the game in which Jacksonville scored 34 points against our 31, correct?

How many teams score 31 points and lose? When is that the QB's fault?

You're talking about the game in which Jacksonville scored 34 points against our 31, correct?

How many teams score 31 points and lose? When is that the QB's fault?

When our QB gives them 21 and our defense scores 7. That's when.

Edited by FireChan

When our QB gives them 21 and our defense scores 7. That's when.

I'm not taking away the fact that he sucked for a whopping 4 minutes and that it put us in a huge hole.

But he turned it around for the rest of the game. That was a total team loss.

RGIII on restructured deal?

We already have one of those.

I'm not taking away the fact that he sucked for a whopping 4 minutes and that it put us in a huge hole.

But he turned it around for the rest of the game. That was a total team loss.

We already have one of those.

But the defense didn't allow 21 or at least 14. EJ did. One less TO for 7 and we win. If our defense doesn't get a pick-six, there's no comeback.